Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-12-20 marketwire.com $1.3M Invested by FundersClub in Coinbase, Sponsorfied  (Read 1404 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 02:46:13 PM

Only indirectly related to Bitcoin:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 20, 2012) - FundersClub (www.fundersclub.com), the world's first online venture capital platform, today announced that it has completed a number of investments -- bringing the total invested by the less than 5-month-old, revolutionary investment platform to $1.3 million. Coinbase, a wallet for the digital, decentralized currency bitcoin; Sponsorfied, a marketplace for sponsorships; and Tracks.by, a company that creates marketing campaigns between brands and artists around the world; join social video advertising startup Virool and FundersClub itself as the first group of FundersClub-funded startups. All hail from the Y Combinator Summer 2012 batch.

But as they mention a Bitcoin project as first in their press release (probably due to alphabetic sorting  Tongue) maybe it's a good way to ask them to add Bitcoin as payment method (using BitPay or another Merchant Service) themselves?

You can contact them here: contact@thefundersclub.com (don't forget to mention Coinbase)

Source: http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/fundersclub-seeds-fellow-y-combinator-alum-1740011.htm

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:51:14 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 01:17:32 AM by Stephen Gornick

Tongue) maybe it's a good way to ask them to add Bitcoin as payment method (using BitPay or another Merchant Service) themselves?

Ask who, Marketwire? FundersClub?  Or   Huh Huh

But as they mention a Bitcoin project as first in their press release (probably due to alphabetic sorting  

That might explain why their site wasn't responding for a bit.   Probably getting hammered with traffic and new signups.

I don't see a Coinbase support thread or a main discussion thread for CoinBase here on BitcoinTalk.  

I just realized a flaw with how I was using their Two-Factor authentication.  Coinbase doesn't use 2FA/Google Authenticator but instead used Authy.  Authy is a great, easy to use mobile client.  The way they transmit the secure code is via SMS.  However, I personally don't trust SMS as it is not a secure transport method.  And if you use something like Google Voice for your text messaging, that means that if you e-mail is compromised, the attacker can get Authy to send another SMS with a new code and then the attacker has the ability to get the Authy OTP as well.

That is definitely more work for the attacker than simple username + password, but it still is not the level necessary for protecting a larger value in a Coinbase E-Wallet.   For consumer level amounts this Authy 2FA will probably be plenty adequate.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 11:18:47 PM

Ask who, Marketwire? FundersClub?  Or   Huh Huh

I meant whoever this address belongs to:

You can contact them here: contact@thefundersclub.com

Its a FundersClub press release, who else could I mean with their press release?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: