Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:19:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why next pump might be completely different  (Read 3209 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:25:44 AM

As of jan 1st 2016 it became legal for the banks to raid private accounts in euro countries. Forget china, the entire western world is about to collapse.

Any links for this? I recall them working on it but have not seen anything since then.

Didn't happen, will not happen. Much more complicated than this. Government can take money from your account to repay bank debts, but only accounts with more than 100k€

So not a lot of people!
The rules are what they are until they change, which they will as soon as it becomes convenient. Link incoming.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:28:03 AM

As of jan 1st 2016 it became legal for the banks to raid private accounts in euro countries. Forget china, the entire western world is about to collapse.

Any links for this? I recall them working on it but have not seen anything since then.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/january-1-2016-the-new-bank-bail-in-system-goes-into-effect-in-europe

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:28:17 AM

China is where 99% of the mining goes on. So if china goes down bitcoin may well collapse.  Huh
I dont think they have 99% mining power, can you provide a link where it is stated ?  Huh

no in fact they own 60% only, maybe this % is bigger now, but is nowhere near 80% let alone 99%
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:36:18 AM

So far the largest financial crisis to impact Bitcoin has been Cyprus. What a tiny tiny tiny tiny little country.

What happens when China plummets...........

Yeah i think if china goes the world is going to change at least for a while.  I run my current business mostly around buying crap from china like a gazillion other people.  I'd like to see what happens.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:54:25 AM

It's decades away from being any type of safe haven, if ever. It'll be the first thing to go in anyone's portfolio if times become hard. If your choice is being homeless or hanging on to one's bet for a future which may never arrive then I'd go for a roof over my head.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 01:24:43 PM

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/january-1-2016-the-new-bank-bail-in-system-goes-into-effect-in-europe

Interesting. Pretty shitty law.

I did see something about a year ago where they want to change the wording of bank deposits to investments. That way the money you deposit is no longer your money, you have given it to the bank to invest as they wish. If they lose money while investing your money, they will not be held accountable legally.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:33:25 PM

Interesting. Pretty shitty law.

I did see something about a year ago where they want to change the wording of bank deposits to investments. That way the money you deposit is no longer your money, you have given it to the bank to invest as they wish. If they lose money while investing your money, they will not be held accountable legally.
An investment with a 0% return is a pretty shitty investment.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:47:46 PM

Well, people said that Cyprus was a test for Europe. They tested how people react when the government takes their money. People who said this got called conspirancy theorists. As so often. And as so often, those conspirancy theorists were right.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:09:35 PM

Well, people said that Cyprus was a test for Europe. They tested how people react when the government takes their money. People who said this got called conspirancy theorists. As so often. And as so often, those conspirancy theorists were right.
In fact I used those exact words at the time. They wanted to see what they could get away with, and now they know, and so they will do it.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:15:42 PM

It's decades away from being any type of safe haven, if ever. It'll be the first thing to go in anyone's portfolio if times become hard. If your choice is being homeless or hanging on to one's bet for a future which may never arrive then I'd go for a roof over my head.

current movement with china tanking says otherwise. For the poor bitcoin is out of reach, but for the rich, you are going to watch while your fortunes disappear?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:09:03 PM

current movement with china tanking says otherwise. For the poor bitcoin is out of reach, but for the rich, you are going to watch while your fortunes disappear?

The rich have land, property and other assets. Bitcoin is microscopic and painfully illiquid. It has the future potential to be something special but I think it's naive to think of it as a genuine contender in its present condition.
abs350

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 05:16:32 PM

yes yes.... its all a conspiracy.......

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:30:30 PM

The rich have land, property and other assets. Bitcoin is microscopic and painfully illiquid. It has the future potential to be something special but I think it's naive to think of it as a genuine contender in its present condition.

Answer this question. Every week Bitcoin becomes more and more liquid... true or false.....

Bitcoin liquidity even compared to 2013 is insanely better today.

What is more important is that bitcoin has everything that allows it to become the MOST liquid of ANY asset period. Why ignore the obvious simply because today you can't unload 25 million in bitcoin at market....?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:12:08 PM

The next bubble burst will be china, once china's economy has done its course, trillions of dollar will try to leave china through bitcoin due to capital control

jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:37:28 PM

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:34:57 PM

Well then it would be wise not to deposit all your money at your bank right?! Buy gold and store it at home.Buy Bitcoin and put it in cold storage.
"And then what?",one might ask.
Answer: Just wait!!  Smiley
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:40:11 PM

I don't think that Cyprus is the reason why bitcoin price has been increased today, people are getting back from vacation and started investing a little bit in bitcoin.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:41:25 PM

So far the largest financial crisis to impact Bitcoin has been Cyprus. What a tiny tiny tiny tiny little country.

What happens when China plummets...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35248798

Should we be worried?
China is responsible for 17% of all the world's economic activity, so any downturn in spending there affects the rest of the world.

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:46:06 PM

Answer this question. Every week Bitcoin becomes more and more liquid... true or false.....

What is more important is that bitcoin has everything that allows it to become the MOST liquid of ANY asset period. Why ignore the obvious simply because today you can't unload 25 million in bitcoin at market....?

True indeed. That still doesn't make it ready or desirable as a safe haven in any upcoming giant financial crisis for more than a handful of people. It may well be in the years to come but there's a lot of stuff that needs ironing out and vastly more volume is required for it to be a practical choice for large numbers.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:12:06 AM

True indeed. That still doesn't make it ready or desirable as a safe haven in any upcoming giant financial crisis for more than a handful of people. It may well be in the years to come but there's a lot of stuff that needs ironing out and vastly more volume is required for it to be a practical choice for large numbers.

Well for a very large class of human Bitcoin is liquid enough right now. The market decides what is a safe haven, you do not, when economy goes down and your asset goes up in value it is a haven for those with buying power.

Bitcoin right now simply proves you wrong. Bitcoin is up while the world market is down...... just a fact

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: