Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:08:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roadblocks After Bitcoin is Generally Accepted  (Read 342 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:11:50 AM

This is not so much a roadblock but a question that will come up in the future.  Right now it is getting so that it takes more and more power to mine the coin.  As time and difficultly go on this is more and more the case. 

That being said, in order for there to be a full acceptance of Bitcoin in all things, the government is going to have to integrate the coin into various things(like paying out Social Security or something similar).  That means that the government is going to need Bitcoins.  Now, they can set up some odd exchange of USD for Bitcoin or they will have to supply it for themselves another way(mining?).

Right this minute I am sure that some of the big companies out there see the future coming and have devoted a large amount of resources to mining.  But what if the government gets in on this mining. When I was in the Navy I dealt with some huge processing towers.  Not a CPU tower, but a ten story building filled with servers.  They were used for information backup, but what if the government started putting huge farms to work mining.  Imagine six to ten buildings like that, all mining coins.

If that is not the case, how will the government make the coins work for them.  Do you let all other businesses replace money with Bitcoin and then send out a tax refund in USD?  Do you count on taxes being paid in Bitcoin to cover everything?  The US has proven that those taxes are far from enough to run a country.  How is it all going to work and will the "rule-less Bitcoin" start getting rules put on it?  Just some questions and thoughts.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:55:12 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 07:29:22 AM by franky1

mining is not important to the economy.. just the network security of transactions.

governments do not go out mining for gold
governments do not set up banks for exchanging euro to dollars

they certainly set up rules on how private individuals and companies should do it.. but governments dont do it directly.. governments concentrate on their legal tender (native currency), so relax there will not be government miners or a government exchange..

bitcoin will never be a one world currency, replacing fiat.. it will work alongside fiats, as the better and more open alternative, giving people the choice of payment option.

so dont expect uptopia, as you will end up with limiting your choices of currencies available and thus have the polar opposite of utopia if bitcoin became the 1 world currency

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: