Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:30:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMC] Emercoin Speculation and Discussion - Top 10 Cryptocurrency  (Read 7720 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KarmaShark (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:19:24 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 03:32:15 PM by KarmaShark

This is a self-moderated thread for discussion of Emercoin trading and price speculation.  ( Full disclosure - I am the Chief Communications Officer for Emercoin )

To keep the conversation productive and on-topic there are a few simple guidelines:

• Keep posts on-topic and relevant to the discussion. Off topic posts will be removed and constitute any extensive discussion of other coins or the promotion of other coins.
  • Opinions are encouraged here, so long as they are substantiated. Comments without substance or backing are considered off-top (Example: "Emercoin is crap!" or "OMG I love EMC Huma Huma".
  • Trolling will not be tolerated  And besides, can't we all just.... get along?.
  • When quoting posts, please remove any unneeded content. This will keep down on the clutter and increase the overall quality of the thread as a resource.

Background:

Emercoin is a leading digital currency and shared ledger platform that focuses on true blockchain innovation. We are an internationally comprised company that has brought together some of the very best digital currency and blockchain talent in the World. Our focus is on creating blockchain-based services for both consumers and business. In the past year the company has invested its efforts into development of technologies that offer solutions to real-world problems. The other tenant of Emercoin is that our technologies constantly push the threshold of innovation, which has allowed us to create a truly feature-rich currency and blockchain.

Recently we have begun to form partnerships with industry leaders who see value in the Emercoin currency (EMC) and the Emercoin blockchain. Since we specialize in delivering digital payment and blockchain solutions that are ready-to-use and scale well for the enterprise environment, we have attracted several partners who are making use of our services in the near future. The most recent publicly announced partnership is with Microsoft who will be adding the Emercoin blockchain services to the Azure cloud's Blockchain-as-a-Service platform. This will allow Azure cloud users to install and make use of the many innovative EMC services along with the EMC currency. Here is the suite of Emercoin services slated for addition into the Microsoft Azure cloud marketplace:

• EMC SSH - Our decentralized solution for secure shell management
  • EMC SSL - Our decentralized solution for online security and passwordless authentication
  • EMC DNS - Censorship-resistant domain name system that improves upon Namecoin
  • EMC TTS - Our trusted time stamping service
  • EMC STREAM - Micropayment library for streaming digital media of all types
  • EMC LNX - The first decentralized pay-per-click advertising network of its kind  
  • EMC DPO - Our digital proof of ownership solution for physical or digital goods and services
  • EMC InfoCard - Storage for digital business cards for use with EMC SSL

Microsoft and Emercoin partnership:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-blockchain-as-a-service-update-3/

http://www.coindesk.com/bitpay-microsoft-blockchain-platform/

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/microsofts-azure-blockchain-as-a-service-program-gains-momentum-cm562389

Coin and blockchain details:

Emercoin is a Proof of Work / Proof of Stake hybrid,  that relies on Proof of Stake more than Proof of Work for the production of Emercoin and the security of the network. Here are the coin and blockchain specifics:

And off we go my friends, speculate away and play nice!
ValentinJesse

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:26:51 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 06:32:02 PM by ValentinJesse

Let's do this!
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:39:26 AM

I speculate the price will hold strong and increase cause someone owns a super majority of this coin.

The PoW coins might hurt now that this coin is more well known and on BITTREX.

Just speculation. No proof. I also don't own this coin yet so I would like the price to crash down

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:41:03 AM

Lack of liquidity - both up and down -  for such a high market cap is kind of scary for new comer traders. I'd like the project to grow on me as opposed to being forced to hold a bag due to 'ideals' about the tech, so will hold my satoshis for now.

Looking forward to finding out more about the project as time goes by.

str11ngfello

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:14:10 PM

Lack of liquidity - both up and down -  for such a high market cap is kind of scary for new comer traders. I'd like the project to grow on me as opposed to being forced to hold a bag due to 'ideals' about the tech, so will hold my satoshis for now.

Looking forward to finding out more about the project as time goes by.

A big reason for the lack of liquidity is the fact that most of the people don't put their trust in these obscure altcoin exchanges, and for good reasons. It is too bad that Cryptsy took a dive, because we now have only Bittrex (acceptable) and Poloniex as trustable altcoin exchanges. I see that Emercoin was already added on Bittrex, so I am happy that i finally got to withdraw from Livecoin. It seems like a pretty decent service, but there were some small issues that made me anxious throughout the days.

With Poloniex we will definitely get to see a big jump in volume.

Yeah, need Polo onboard ASAP.  I filled out their request form.. no idea how effective it will be.  Fingers crossed.
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:48:27 PM

Yeah, need Polo onboard ASAP.  I filled out their request form.. no idea how effective it will be.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the help str11ngfello. This appears to be a matter of strength in numbers so hopefully our bothers and sisters see your good work and follow suit. At one point the beat of the drums will become too loud to ignore and EMC will be listed on Poloniex.
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:05:35 PM

Thank you for the help str11ngfello. This appears to be a matter of strength in numbers so hopefully our bothers and sisters see your good work and follow suit. At one point the beat of the drums will become too loud to ignore and EMC will be listed on Poloniex.

Please fill this out everybody https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bitkings

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:11:23 PM

Please fill this out everybody https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Already filled Wink I think the price of EMC will skyrocket when it goes alive in Poloniex Grin
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:24:22 PM

Thank you both, these are the kind of efforts that will draw attention. I left a friendly reminder post on the Poloniex Facebook page, hopefully all of this noise is heard on their end. There are many more exciting endeavors currently taking place with Emercoin and some of these will be made public soon.

There will also be a formalized road map posted for the community to see and take part in as well. So stay tuned and grab yourself some EMC.
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:33:48 PM

Relevant to Emercoin discussion and speculation:

Emercoin is making the rounds in the global financial news circles:

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/microsofts-azure-blockchain-as-a-service-program-gains-momentum-cm562389
bitkings

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:33:08 PM

Relevant to Emercoin discussion and speculation:

Emercoin is making the rounds in the global financial news circles:

WOW, nice!!! It's a great news that Emercoin can be met by others on nasdaq.com!
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:01:29 PM

It looks like I was wrong. Price dropped 40%! haha. Let's hope it drops another 40% tomorrow. Then maybe I can buy a few.

KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:17:12 AM

The Emercoin services image has been added to the main post. This will give you all a graphical example of why Emercoin is one of the fastest growing digital currencies and blockchain platforms in the World.
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 04:39:28 PM

with this capitalization, and the need to be added to Azure, which of course is driven by and leads to good feelings and thoughts, but on the other hand due to the uneven distribution, and the popularity of 90% for 1000 coins purses, there are unclear which place is going to take Emer and borrowing as a solution, then what questions and engage with these issues still not solved ?
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:51:53 PM

Come on, folks.

1. Devs are russians. They always cash out at first possibility.
2. Large instamine - 85% of coin supply was generated in first month. As a consequence, uneven distribution and super-fat wallets. PoS minting only worsens the problem.
3. Almost no coverage on exchanges and horrible liquidity.

Best coin to invest, indeed.
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:07:58 PM

Emercoin making the media rounds part two:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/116020/price-of-emercoin-doubles-following-its-partnership-with-microsoft
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:37:20 PM

It looks like I was wrong. Price dropped 40%! haha. Let's hope it drops another 40% tomorrow. Then maybe I can buy a few.

That dip did not last long! Hope you were able to grab some.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:47:55 PM

This project is definitely one to keep a close watch. Emercoin presents new alternatives on DNS administration
bitkings

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:20:11 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 06:30:13 PM by bitkings

Come on, folks.

1. Devs are russians. They always cash out at first possibility.
2. Large instamine - 85% of coin supply was generated in first month. As a consequence, uneven distribution and super-fat wallets. PoS minting only worsens the problem.
3. Almost no coverage on exchanges and horrible liquidity.

Best coin to invest, indeed.
So you think you are smarter than Microsoft or Bill Gates???

Quit your troll, go back to your grave. This coin is directly backed up by Microsoft, and this is the most important reason for whales to invest on it, in a free market, only Capital talks, you can judge EMC when your coin or your name backed up by Microsoft and gets on NASDAQ's news page.

And Bittrex has already adopted EMC, Poloniex will soon, i'm sure you will see a BIG price UP when EMC gets on Poloniex.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 10:21:28 PM

so someone mined all the supply and pumps it to 6 million market cap.. I'll stay away
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: