Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMC] Emercoin Speculation and Discussion - Top 10 Cryptocurrency  (Read 7720 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KarmaShark (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:17:01 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 01:04:28 AM by KarmaShark

Come on, folks.

1. Devs are russians. They always cash out at first possibility.
2. Large instamine - 85% of coin supply was generated in first month. As a consequence, uneven distribution and super-fat wallets. PoS minting only worsens the problem.
3. Almost no coverage on exchanges and horrible liquidity.

Best coin to invest, indeed.

Hey BugSpirit,

Thank you for the feedback, we do welcome all forms of constructive criticism here. I can provide some insight into your concerns:

1. The development team is quite spread out geographically, in Canada, United States, Germany, Australia, Russia and Estonia. The company has gone to great lengths to do the exact opposite of what is suggested, focusing on development of tools and services instead of spending our time and money on promoting the currency. We feel the results will speak for themselves and we have a long term vision in place. If we were hyping the currency from the beginning, this would be more reflective of a company that had short term aspirations (looking for a quick payout). Emercoin will be around for a very, very long time.

2. The currency was open to the public and not premined, so everyone has had an equal opportunity to join from the start. Individuals who mined the currency early when it was economically worthless did acquire more EMC than individuals who came in after more value was built into the currency and blockchain

3. This is a fair criticism and one that is being addressed aggressively now that are focus has shifted. Once again, our initial focus was on developing the World's most functional blockchian and this was done with little external promotion (our funding was spent on bringing the World results, not promises). Now that we have accomplished this and major industry leaders are working with us, the time has come to improve the access and liquidity of the EMC. Several exchanges will be adding EMC over the next two months, so expect the currency to appreciate as more awareness and adoption spill into this revolutionary offering of ours
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 11:17:31 PM

how much EMC does the dev team own? Someone said roughly 85% was instamined in the first month or so. POS is really bad for coin where 1 group holds all the coins. They become the "biggest" miners and don't have to do a single thing (good for the inside group, bad for everyone else)
MessyCoin

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:49:18 PM

It's not conclusive by all means but the mintr.org explorer does list the Top100 EMC accounts at https://emercoin.mintr.org/top You can see there are a few large accounts. But I think this kind of distribution is fairly typical of almost every coin, including Bitcoin. Actually, I don't think the dev team mined as many as they would have liked. If I recall, it was months until their mining pool has any decent hash rate.

The emc community has been very generous, distributing emc through folding@home, various bounties, and multiple giveaways and faucets over the two years since release.

What's more is that that if you don't like the distribution then you can invest in another coin. But even then, you can still use EMC's services, such as decentralized domains, for only a few cents.

Personally, I'm hoping to see emc community grow and develop a thriving community of users and contributors. For instance, it would be great to see more developers working on code contributions, to improve on the security and functionality of the emc client. And I hope some new initiatives will be set up that reward such contributions. That's just what I would like to see.

KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:49:50 AM

It's not conclusive by all means but the mintr.org explorer does list the Top100 EMC accounts at https://emercoin.mintr.org/top You can see there are a few large accounts. But I think this kind of distribution is fairly typical of almost every coin, including Bitcoin. Actually, I don't think the dev team mined as many as they would have liked. If I recall, it was months until their mining pool has any decent hash rate.

The emc community has been very generous, distributing emc through folding@home, various bounties, and multiple giveaways and faucets over the two years since release.

What's more is that that if you don't like the distribution then you can invest in another coin. But even then, you can still use EMC's services, such as decentralized domains, for only a few cents.

Personally, I'm hoping to see emc community grow and develop a thriving community of users and contributors. For instance, it would be great to see more developers working on code contributions, to improve on the security and functionality of the emc client. And I hope some new initiatives will be set up that reward such contributions. That's just what I would like to see.

Your words are well received Messy, especially regarding growing a thriving, vibrant community for Emercoin. This is a focus of mine this year as we transition into a top digital currency and blockchain platform. One area we do want to encourage involvement in is from developers who  can add to the EMC blockchain. We have many services and this has opened up opportunities to improve upon those services or add supporting services.

Having a core community that is involved in various social and developmental projects is a key driver of success in 2016 for Emercoin and I encourage all of you to jump in and offer whatever services, talents and ideas you may have. Now is the time, so let's work together and create a culture here at Emercoin.

KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:52:14 AM

You can check out the new video Emercoin just released showcasing the power of our blockchain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwnTD7bbvro

bitkings

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:41:52 AM

You can check out the new video Emercoin just released showcasing the power of our blockchain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwnTD7bbvro

NICE introduction video! Grin
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:23:25 PM

Emercoin in the news:  https://news.bitcoin.com/emercoin-setting-the-new-standard-for-top-blockchains/
spacerman

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Twitter: @clay_space

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:03:22 PM

I think the big thing keeping buyers away right now has to do with who owns the majority of the coins. I know some very good traders who aren't even turning their nose to this because of how sketchy distribution appears to be.

--Clay Space, Creator of Back of Earth (@clay_space)
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:58:50 PM

Emercoin is now available in the Charna cryptocurrency wallet:  https://charnawallet.biz/
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:20:11 PM

If you want massive volume you should get the coin listed on the Chinese exchange btc38.com

The coins there trade in large quantities.
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:29:11 PM

Emercoin Implements Solution To Reduce Blocksize Inflation:  http://cointelegraph.com/news/116067/emercoin-implements-solution-to-reduce-blocksize-inflation
KarmaShark (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:37:32 PM

Emercoin is now available on 1ex.Trade:    https://1ex.trade/?c_currency=47
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:07:30 PM

Two good news. Keep on the great work.

tobsnn

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:46:15 AM

Cheers buddys

whats next in pipeline, anything coming worth mentioning?

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:53:46 PM

The volume for Emercoin is too low. It should be listed in poloniex and China for the coin to have more volume. Hopefully, more people will find out about Emercoin and understand about it.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
tobsnn

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:42:05 PM

A good place for advertisment?

Grantmo

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:09:24 PM

I heard about Emercoin on a news story on the Microsoft Partnership and have been reading up on the coin ever since.  (that's how I found this thead)
I really like the concept of the coin, especially the EMC SSL, this is really spectacular IMO.
One thing I cannot seem to find the details on is, when Emercoin shares its Blockchain with Microsoft Azure as "BaaS" (blockchain as a service), how would this impact the actually demand on Emercoin? 

I would think that if a product decided to use (create) an EMC SSL cert, the end user, or company selling the product, would ultimately purchase an EMC coin, or several, for a single SSL cert?  I am trying to understand if there could truly be a demand created if a company had a product that required an EMC SSL cert. If they had 100,000 users, would this spawn a purchase (and hold) for each user of an EMC coin to maintain the cert?  Or would the EMC blockchain only handle the PoW/PoS and no EMC would ever be purchased?   

Is there any other item in the Emercoin concept that could potentially create a large demand?  Therefore driving the price up?

Some coins survive only on news and speculation. Hoping this one actually has natural demand due to outstanding concepts built into it.
tobsnn

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:00:13 PM

Very charming news. Thanks for that.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/01/17/emercoin-reducing-blockchain-inflation-with-transaction-optimizer/

Grantmo

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:40:30 PM

From my previous post...

I would think that if a product decided to use (create) an EMC SSL cert, the end user, or company selling the product, would ultimately purchase an EMC coin, or several, for a single SSL cert?

I was able to find the answer on Emercoin's website:

http://emercoin.com/EMCSSL_GUIDE

Preparation of coins
An Emercoin transaction must be made in order for a new certificate to be created in the network. The cost of the transaction is about 0.3 EMC which is very little at the current rate, but if you don't own any, you will need to start by getting some EMC.

This really creates a possible demand, depending on how/if the EMC SSL certs get used.
tobsnn

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:32:04 AM

Just noticed https://coinreport.net/emercoin-cco-jason-cassidy-details-microsoft-partnership/ on reddit.com/r/EmerCoin

Reading this the emercoin price seems definitely underrated right now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: