Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to switch on litecoin. BITCOIN IS DEAD for normal miner  (Read 6366 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:14:44 PM

I switched this morning. More profitable. I think it's a good bet.

What do you think about that ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:17:23 PM

I think you may be able to sucker a few people into thinking scamcoin is interesting.

Crytocurrencies were never about being able to print your own money. They were about building a new economy.  Instead of wasting time/effort on whatever-coin, try to do something useful and be apart of BTC.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:20:33 PM

Keep its dead .... Move on Smiley

3btc

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:36:06 PM

Scamcoin? Only time will show - LTC has its benefits.

mah87, wait until saturday - will more profitable (or less money-wasting, respectively) once difficulty drops again   Smiley

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:58:50 PM

Crytocurrencies were never about being able to print your own money. They were about building a new economy.  Instead of wasting time/effort on whatever-coin, try to do something useful and be apart of BTC.
This, 1000 times this.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
juhakall

Activity: 657
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 08:06:23 PM

mah87, wait until saturday - will more profitable (or less money-wasting, respectively) once difficulty drops again   Smiley

what about saturday ? why not sunday ? mondya ?

Because LTC difficulty has been jumping between 25-45 since BTC reward halved. It seems to always go from one extreme to another. Currently it's at 43 and is falling below 30 in about two days. Then you have a couple days window of high profitability with LTC, until difficulty rises again. It's not exactly hard to figure out what's going on here Smiley

I'm currently developing an experimental social AI platform
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:07:56 PM

This, 1000 times this.
Totally wrong. It's not about building a new economy, it's about using a new way to pay over the internet...
WTF do you think an "economy" is?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:11:58 PM

Crytocurrencies were never about being able to print your own money. They were about building a new economy.  Instead of wasting time/effort on whatever-coin, try to do something useful and be apart of BTC.
This, 1000 times this.

Who made the rule that there is only room for ONE cryptocurrency? The market will decide that. There are lots of interesting ways for a lesser and greater cryptocurrency to complement one another.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:26:47 PM

Who made the rule that there is only room for ONE cryptocurrency? The market will decide that. There are lots of interesting ways for a lesser and greater cryptocurrency to complement one another.

Actually, no, there really isn't. Any reason I've ever been given that any other coin can "complement" BTC has been weak at best and amounts to "because I want to print my own money still *boohoo*".  The only possible goal of LTC, as I've said before, is to ruin the idea of cryptocurrencies in general. There have been lots of people who have been turned off from BTC simply because LTC and other alt-coins exist.

"Why waste time on money on BTC if people could just jump over to the exact same thing with a different name and leave me broke? Sounds like a scam" Hence: scamcoin

Now, the market WILL decide. It'll decide that you're a victim of a pump-dump scam and you've just wasted your time. I'm just trying to help you out and tell you that you could be doing something productive with BTC instead of being an emo-kid that's upset you can't print your own money.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:28:32 PM

Actually, no, there really isn't. Any reason I've ever been given that any other coin can "complement" BTC has been weak at best and amounts to "because I want to print my own money still *boohoo*".  The only possible goal of LTC, as I've said before, is to ruin the idea of cryptocurrencies in general. There have been lots of people who have been turned off from BTC simply because LTC and other alt-coins exist.

"Why waste time on money on BTC if people could just jump over to the exact same thing with a different name and leave me broke? Sounds like a scam" Hence: scamcoin

Now, the market WILL decide. It'll decide that you're a victim of a pump-dump scam and you've just wasted your time. I'm just trying to help you out and tell you that you could be doing something productive with BTC instead of being an emo-kid that's upset you can't print your own money.

+1

juhakall

Activity: 657

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 08:31:06 PM

mah87, wait until saturday - will more profitable (or less money-wasting, respectively) once difficulty drops again   Smiley

what about saturday ? why not sunday ? mondya ?

Because LTC difficulty has been jumping between 25-45 since BTC reward halved. It seems to always go from one extreme to another. Currently it's at 43 and is falling below 30 in about two days. Then you have a couple days window of high profitability with LTC, until difficulty rises again. It's not exactly hard to figure out what's going on here Smiley

and what's going on here ? cause I can't guess sorry

Some people are hopping to LTC mining whenever it's more profitable, and then back to BTC when difficulty goes higher and it becomes less profitable. Those who mine LTC continuously have to suffer through the periods of high difficulty with less profitability than BTC mining, while the "coin hoppers" maximize their profits all the time. Their effect on BTC difficulty is much less (if at all) noticeable.

I'm currently developing an experimental social AI platform
mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:45:59 PM

Bitcoin economy almost doesn't exist. Bitcoin is HIGHLY speculative, saying that bitcoin is heaven and that litcoin don't have a future is just dumb. MAYBE BITCOIN WILL DIE AND LITCOIN WILL REPLACE IT  Angry

Whoa, calm down bro.

BTC vs your scam coin. For every site you can name that directly accepts scamcoin, I'll name 3 that take BTC.

mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:47:51 PM

Bitcoin is 4years old , Litecoin is 1years old so yes it's not suprising that you can find more bitcoin project ....!!!

Alright. I win. That was much easier than I thought.

You admitted BTC does have an economy. Thanks.

mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:55:02 PM

I never said the contrary... LOL you win what ..? you kid.

Bitcoin has an economy but a weak one compared to speculation! (and I agree it's worst for litecoin actually).

But Litecoin has the advantage to be faster and it could find a place!

Bro, my friend, 4 LTC confirmations are less secure than 1BTC confirmation. The speed is just a lie.

And what I won, pal, is that you admitted that the only people that use LTC are people who are hoping to pump and dump. No one is willing to actually accept it in exchange for anything else.

mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:59:25 PM

The speed is a reality pussycat. IT'S SECURE ENOUGH . WHATEVER ALL THIS SHIT IS FOR SPECULATION .
Bitcoin economy = miner=speculation & mining at 85%

So why not for litecoin ?

I'm gonna buy 15 000 litecoin tomorrow.

OK, this is what I've learned:

1.You don't really know what speculation means.

2. You don't understand that LTC is just being bought by people who hope to sucker enough people in that it'd be worth it to dump.

3. That BTC is actually used for goods and services. Thus, this means your argument is invalid. Thus, you don't know when you've been beaten.

mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:09:29 PM

"beaten" ? you definitely a kid.

Ok so I'm pretty sure that you don't know that 75% of bitcoins are stored ==> speculation.

100% of the actual transactions are based on 25% of the total of the mass. THIS is speculation.
If you take away satoshi dice, silkroad &co ; real economy = super weak.

tell me more about you're heaven... and LOL teach about what speculation is, make me laugh.

Re-read this thread and you'll get there eventually.

/thread

3btc

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:10:51 PM

Oh mccorvic, come on - a loose definition of money is "what one idiot has and another idiot wants" and therefore I see quite a huge potential for BTC, LTC and even nutshells (once trees become extinct)  Wink

Time will tell...

And here's a little graph to illustrate what juhakall said:

edit: from http://www.litecoinpool.org/charts

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:17:14 PM

You just don't realize that bitcoin economy is super weak. Not saying it won't grow and become big but at the moment the "economy" youa re talking about is just hidding a huge speculation.

instead of being smart just answer that Wink

Answer what? You didn't even ask a question. 

I'm curious then.  When will BTC be an economy then? What parameters are required for you be satisfied with it?  I know the answer: You don't know and you don't care.  If you did know and you did care, you wouldn't be so adamant about arguing that it doesn't.  I have no trouble spending BTC to acquire whatever it is I want. None. Zero.

If I had 15k LCT what could I do? Buy some BTC?

Second Question: What will you do if LTC go so big that you got pushed out of mining again? The answer: Move onto the next scam coin so you can print your own money again.

mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:25:01 PM

Of course! If mining wasn't profitable people would not mine. So either you change your technology either you mine something else.

My point is that the actual bitcoin value is 90% because of the speculation. The bitcoin demand is not from and for real goods/services exchange but for people who want to enter in this new trendy game that is called bitcoin.

You should read more and read more about economy in general.

Sweet baby moses, you don't know when to quit! You just admitted that you just hope to pump-dump and scam.  It's not about the economy, it's not about cryptocurrencies actually making a difference. It's about scamming to you.

Close your account. Get off these boards. Go play WoW or something.

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:33:06 PM

You're way off base on so many levels that I won't even address this. Lets just say your comments smell of desperation. Got a lot of money tied up in bitcoin?

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: