Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Woo hoo Silver smack down  (Read 6673 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 08:33:53 PM

Silver is money. Our constitution in the USA says it and many many societies through history used it as money. I'm. It saying that it will be the choice for most transactions. What I am saying is that it is a store of value. S0302 or whatever his name is is wrong that the physical price will fall far. In 2008 when silver went below $10 in the paper market the physical price for say silver eagles was over $35 on eBay. Physical price is determine by real people selling at their price and not the paper manipulated price by jp Morgan etc.

lets stop arguing and bet - if you are so sure. I bet that physical silver prices will fall below 10 $ before 31st Dec 2016

Ok lets come up with some stakes: If you loose you would have to stop highlighting your posts in blue color. I'm open for suggestions on what the counter stake should be.

sorry, but I love blue...

I am happy to accept the bet. I bet 10 BTC that Silver will have moved below 10 $ at least once intraday before Dec 31, 2016

1. Your bet is pathetic in size. Let's up it.
2. You still haven't defined the physical silver price and what that means. No comex or paper silver etc.
3. Physical price to me is what you can buy silver bullion 1oz coins from dealers who are delivering and not storing it for you. We could even use an average of craigslist prices on that day to determine a fair physical price.
4. We are talking about US dollars today as they exist today. No modified US dollar currency where it is backed by something physical or any new US dollar period. Meaning if the dollar gets changed from now until then you lose the bet because you won't be able to gauge the value if it is not being used anymore.

How is 4 fair?

Shouldn't you just agree to cancel the bet of the dollar is fundamentally changed?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 10:08:47 PM

Notme, it is fair because his implication is that the dollar will exist as it exists today. It is damn fair in my eyes. You can't change the terms of the unit of currency of the agreement. If the US dollar gets changed  by default I win.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 11:12:59 PM

Fair is whatever both sides agree on. It just depends whether you want to factor in inflation or not. I would think that any other change in the dollar would invalidate the bet though.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 11:44:22 PM

Lol fair is not backing down on what he claimed that silver will do. He said physical silver price will go down below $10 for 1 oz of bullion. So we are talking in today's dollars as they exist backed by the bullshit faith and credit of the united states govt.

So S0302 what is it going to be? Care to define physical silver price? I have and I've called you out. Put up or shut up.

Thanks

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 12:21:00 AM

Remember 2008 when sliver was @10 USD and every bullion dealer was conveniently "out of stock"?

If anything that would be the case, so he's not gonna take you up on that bet smoothie.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:22:45 AM

Lol fair is not backing down on what he claimed that silver will do. He said physical silver price will go down below $10 for 1 oz of bullion. So we are talking in today's dollars as they exist backed by the bullshit faith and credit of the united states govt.

So S0302 what is it going to be? Care to define physical silver price? I have and I've called you out. Put up or shut up.

Thanks

Your terms have nothing to do with his claim about silver though.  It adds extra risk to his side of the bet and if he doesn't take the bet I won't blame him or doubt his resolve about what will happen to silver prices.  If you simply agreed to cancel the bet in such an event then the bet would focus on silver prices instead of dollar fundamentals, but since you don't want to agree to a fair bet I can only assume that you are trying to back out by making the terms unreasonable.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:28:04 AM

What's the bet? I'm lost

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:28:32 AM

Remember 2008 when sliver was @10 USD and every bullion dealer was conveniently "out of stock"?

If anything that would be the case, so he's not gonna take you up on that bet smoothie.

He is the one who made the bet I'm just getting clear on the definitions and terms of the bet. As I said I'm calling him out. Either he can put up or backup his claim or shut up.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:31:28 AM

Silver could be $20 or $80 by 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCLzoJi68k

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:32:35 AM

Thanks

Your terms have nothing to do with his claim about silver though.  It adds extra risk to his side of the bet and if he doesn't take the bet I won't blame him or doubt his resolve about what will happen to silver prices.  If you simply agreed to cancel the bet in such an event then the bet would focus on silver prices instead of dollar fundamentals, but since you don't want to agree to a fair bet I can only assume that you are trying to back out by making the terms unreasonable.

Notme stay out of it. He made the call and bet about PHYSICAL silver prices. If he backed himself into a corner that's not my problem. Fair isn't decided by you. If he made an unreasonable call about physical silver prices then that's his problem. I have called him out. Waiting for confirmation From him.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:41:01 AM

Silver is money. Our constitution in the USA says it and many many societies through history used it as money. I'm. It saying that it will be the choice for most transactions. What I am saying is that it is a store of value. S0302 or whatever his name is is wrong that the physical price will fall far. In 2008 when silver went below $10 in the paper market the physical price for say silver eagles was over $35 on eBay. Physical price is determine by real people selling at their price and not the paper manipulated price by jp Morgan etc.

lets stop arguing and bet - if you are so sure. I bet that physical silver prices will fall below 10 $ before 31st Dec 2016

Quoted just in case you try to back out of your call. Keep in mind that his call is in $10 USd as it exists today backed by the faith and credit of the US govt and nothing else but air.

He claims 1 oz of silver bullion (coin or bar) will go below $10 USD within the next 4 years. Physically delivered silver bullion. Just to clarify.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:42:23 AM

Thanks

Notme stay out of it. He made the call and bet about PHYSICAL silver prices. If he backed himself into a corner that's not my problem. Fair isn't decided by you. If he made an unreasonable call about physical silver prices then that's his problem. I have called him out. Waiting for confirmation From him.

Except your terms make the bet not about his claim.

Oh, and I'm allowed to post what I want as long as I follow the guidelines.  He's not in a corner, but you are sure acting like you are.  I'm sure he will respond in time, but while we wait I'm going to keep pestering you as long as you insist on acting like a big man.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:47:39 AM

Thanks

Oh, and I'm allowed to post what I want as long as I follow the guidelines.  He's not in a corner, but you are sure acting like you are.  I'm sure he will respond in time, but while we wait I'm going to keep pestering you as long as you insist on acting like a big man.

Say what you want. The facts are in this thread quoted. I just quoted his bet. I'm asking for clarification of the term physical silver.  How is the unfair to ask him to clarify the terms? Get a fucking life lol. I'm not doing anything dishonest.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:56:07 AM

Thanks

Say what you want. The facts are in this thread quoted. I just quoted his bet. I'm asking for clarification of the term physical silver.  How is the unfair to ask him to clarify the terms? Get a fucking life lol. I'm not doing anything dishonest.

You're making the bet about dollar fundamentals with your ridiculous "if the dollars fundamentals change I win".  I'm not saying he won't still take the bet, and maybe if you had a lick of patience you could wait for what he said.  However, as your ignore button indicates, it is way too easy to excite you and get you to act like the dick you are.  As you know from our past, this is something I enjoy doing.  Not normally, but I make an exception for you Wink.  Now don't you feel special?

I have no problem with you asking for clarification on the definition of physical price.  In fact, I'm interested to see his response.  But why not keep the bet about silver and not about the dollar?

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:57:28 AM

Howabout the GOLD/SILVER RATIO

for the bet

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 12:58:38 AM

http://www.kitco.com/Gold_Silver_Ratio_Charts/gold-silver-ratio-charts.html

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 01:00:42 AM

for the bet

How about no.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 06:12:33 PM

I am up for the bet, as long as we properly define the accurate way to obtain the physical silver price.
needs to be a sizeable market and not one seller at ebay
also , if the USD gets changed or defaults the bet is invalid

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 09:19:34 PM

I am up for the bet, as long as we properly define the accurate way to obtain the physical silver price.
needs to be a sizeable market and not one seller at ebay
also , if the USD gets changed or defaults the bet is invalid

Well if the bet goes invalid because the Usd changes then your prediction is wrong because your prediction implies the USD will survive the way it exists today. Backpedal more please. Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 09:26:19 PM

This thread just goes to show that people who run subscription services on this board backpedal and refuse to admit when they are wrong. Thread locked.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: