Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you should hold out for a new ATH before selling ANY bitcoin!  (Read 1253 times)
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:27:02 AM

World stock markets are heading for MAJOR crash, back to late 80s early 90s levels

https://youtu.be/Ix1RVpYyx-s#t=5m20s

Bitcoin is gonna swallow a lot of this fleeing wealth. New ATH within 18 months guaranteed.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:31:54 AM

World stock markets are heading for MAJOR crash, back to late 80s early 90s levels

Bitcoin is gonna swallow a lot of this fleeing wealth. New ATH within 18 months guaranteed.

Besides China, what other global markets are crashing ?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:00:59 AM

No one can predict that... so maybe we will reach ATH sooner/later/never....

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:01:43 AM

Equities have essentially done fuck all right through 2015 and ended the year down.

First week into January, and they have all corrected horribly, on the back of some rather nasty bearish market structure left over from the latter part of 2015. We are coming into a Fear cycle for sure, which in the past has always seen wealth flow into hard assets such as commodites, which 'surprise surprise' are all currently at their absolute depths and bottoms, nicely timed for institutional investors to buy on the cheap, whilst 'maw n paw' continue to put their savings into equity investments, teetering on the brink of their parabolic tops.

Could Bitcoin be seen to be a 'hard asset'? I suppose it could.

However, I would imagine the first stop for wealth fleeing crashing equities, will be plain old Fiat, and the King of Fiat is the USD. Problem with a lot of assets, is that the economy has to be turning and producing demand in order for hard asset investments to be profitable and:

a) that aint happening
b) we are still in a phase of 'overproduction' due to hard assets ramp circa 2010-2013.

With that said, the USD Index has already seen a huge move up over the past couple of years.....can it really keep on going? The answer to that question will be the answer to when/if hard assets are about to get a bit of rampy rampy action.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:15:04 AM

US Stocks have been inflated for a while, price/earning ratios quite a bit higher than historical norms, so a correction has been overdue.

The China market meltdown seems to have been more a "trigger" for a correction elsewhere rather than an actual cause for a meltdown anywhere else.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:47:05 AM

Crashing may be a a hard word at the moment, but most major markets are definately down and showing no real signs of recovery on the long term yet.

May take a while before it gets rolling again, but the low oil price may actually help a lot here as it will be much cheapers to produce goods and provide services now, massively boosting the profits (just take airlines for example, they must be having the times of their lives.)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:58:54 AM

well bitcoin does not need a crash to emerge, i'm sure it will increase, even if only china is crashing in other market

and since china play a primarely role in bitcoin, this is what you need to have at the moment
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:31:58 AM

I believe bitcoin will reach a new ATH around the halving time, it's coming up really close. You should wait to sell bitcoin either way. I wouldn't sell before bitcoin reaches $1000 again anyway. Unless it doesn't workout in your situation and you need fiat. There are exceptions as to why people have to sell their bitcoins.
PYramid Head

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:38:45 AM

If people won't have wealth, how will they have spare money to buy bitcoins and make a new ATH?
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:14:19 AM

If people won't have wealth, how will they have spare money to buy bitcoins and make a new ATH?

I doubt there are a lot of people who would get a profitable amount out of bitcoins that they would sell right at this moment. I think most of us are waiting for bitcoin to reach a new ATH and then they will sell some of what they have.
Some people who own bitcoins have a job besides bitcoin and they can buy more bitcoins with the money that they earn from that job.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:32:26 AM

It would be crazy to sell right now. Especially with halving coming up so soon.
I do expect for bitcoin to reach a ATH since halving is coming up
So I won't be selling yet.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:54:50 AM

I will definitely hold my coins till we reach a new ATH, and even longer than that. I will definitely sell some coins to secure my profits, but these are mostly my coins that I have for trading purposes. I am not even sure if I will sell some of my cold wallet coins while we are still under $2000. There is so much potential in the price, we just need to have a good bit of patience. That's it. Those who have patience will be greatly rewarded for that.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:56:11 AM

I doubt there are a lot of people who would get a profitable amount out of bitcoins that they would sell right at this moment. I think most of us are waiting for bitcoin to reach a new ATH and then they will sell some of what they have.
Some people who own bitcoins have a job besides bitcoin and they can buy more bitcoins with the money that they earn from that job.

Until they get fired because the worst economic crisis from last decades
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 10:01:55 AM

Don't buy bitcoins just to sell them.

Use them as intended. Spend them.

Convert your currency, don't buy.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:07:23 AM

Fuck Bitcoin!

A great big bloated system, that keeps a permanent public and highly traceable record of every single transaction that has ever been made, and which is also a totally cornered market with huge 'shares' concentrated in very few hands.

erm....No Thanks!

Treat Bitcoin as the parasitic wealth leeching bitch that it is.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:10:12 AM

Fuck Bitcoin!

A great big bloated system, that keeps a permanent public and highly traceable record of every single transaction that has ever been made, and which is also a totally cornered market with huge 'shares' concentrated in very few hands.

erm....No Thanks!

Treat Bitcoin as the parasitic wealth leeching bitch that it is.

What are you doing here then? If you are so against bitcoin Madthecat, maybe it is better to leave it as it is and find something else to play with.

Gold sounds like something for you.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:43:18 AM

this, absolutely, because it will actually help indirectly the growth of bitcoin in value

without dumping and only spending directly, there is basically no more pressure, and demand can go crazy
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:43:01 PM

I buy coins to send them into my cold-storage. (what i can afford to lose)

When i need a item ore a service and i can buy it with BTC, i convert that amounth of fiat into BTC and send it into my hot/spend wallet and buy it.

Supebox

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:43:57 PM

this, absolutely, because it will actually help indirectly the growth of bitcoin in value

without dumping and only spending directly, there is basically no more pressure, and demand can go crazy

I agree, this is the best way to keep your bitcoin wallet growing and whenever you feel like selling you can make lots of profits
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:22:29 PM

You are right...
For us to see a stable growth and most importantly, stability in the markets, this needs to happen...
But for this to happen, whole of a country needs to accept it as a "valuable currency in its own genre" and not based on some prices...
Remember old days when Gold was used as a source of cash in order to buy things, or things for things like barter trade???
This will, by far, help a lot in order for us to get mass adoption...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: