Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:16:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burlington Iowa scammer, Chris Edwards / Ralph__ / LadyPeace  (Read 1314 times)
fbastage (OP)

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:13:59 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 02:58:00 PM by fbastage

In September 2012, OTC user Arij began trading with someone in Iowa best known by the name (alias?) Chris Edwards.  Multiple names were used.

The first few transactions were valid (Arij bought BTC with either moneygram or western union).  With the third transaction, he felt he could trust this person, and sent first; the scammer did not send bitcoins, instead delayed and said things like "think of this as a loan".  Months went by without payment.

On Dec 19, LadyPearl entered otc.  The phone number she used and IP address(es) she used matched the contact info used by Chris Edwards.  She sent btc to Episking- who eventually heard from Arij about the connection and a #bitcoin-court case ensued on Dec 20.

http://66.68.146.89/otc/?ladyp*&ralph\_*&huskersman
http://66.68.146.89/otc/?*173.21.100.*&*166.182.80.42*

It was agreed in the 'court' proceedings that Arij would be reimbursed from the btc that Episking held, so that matter may be resolved.

However, be advised to be cautious when dealing with any of these names:
  Chris Edwards
  L****** Bergman
  A******  Lewis

nickname Ralph__
  nickname Huskersman
  nickname LadyPearl

phone 319-750-2**9
  email Crhsi Edwards <cedwards212012@gmail.com>

perhaps there are more aliases.  perhaps the parties involved will post more info or logs in this thread.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:56:34 PM

I think fbastage put it pretty well.  Let it also be known that I did not do business with LadyPearl with the intention of "Robin Hooding" the funds.  I also offered to return the funds to arij before the court preceding.  Full logs are available for all to see if anyone would like to request them.

All in all, I'm really glad that arij saw the trade occurring and that he contacted me with the indisputable evidence.  Yes, I missed out on some coins at a great price, but I'm very happy to have been a vessel for some bitcoin-karma.

Thanks, and trade safe!
-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
Hasimir

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 05:14:37 PM

Arij has stated that he believes that this scammer may also be a Silk Road vendor and has mentioned "using kids" to launder BTC/USD.  While it is possible that the Facebook profile is that of the scammer/dealer, it is also possible that it is one of these kids.  Either way, the profile should be viewed as suspicious.

My logs of the court proceedings are now online.  Note there are two logs because danieldaniel had to make a second channel to allow LadyPearl to state his/her side of the story (she was not registered and could not speak in the main court channel).

The main #bitcoin-court log is here.

The alternate ##bitcoin-court log is here.

The timestamps are in my local time, which is +11:00 UTC.  I have made a note of that at the top of each file.  Otherwise there have been no changes to the content (including one comment of mine which was not sent to the second channel).

OpenPGP/GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  I provide GPG Training services
IRC nick: Hasimir (Freenode and elsewhere)
BTC address: 19hiwsQq7xMAEyQMdiyGjkMGNmpN6GA5wL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: