Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS - 25 Antminer S5's hosted - Price lowered  (Read 1706 times)
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:21:57 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 03:15:00 AM by kilo17

I recently bought the 25 S5's but my plans changed today. I am in the middle of a project that was going to require a lot of BM1384 chips and I will not be needing the chips anymore.  My plan was to run the S5's and in a month or two have them shipped to me and retrieve the chips.

They are hosted at CryptoBoreas with Allinvain - they are paid for a full 3 months at $47/kWh (actually I am waiting on the invoice but would settle it prior to transfer).  I do not wish to sell them without the hosting secondary to giving Allinvain my word that I would use the 15 kWh and I would lose money if I sold them without the hosting. 3 months of hosting at $47/kWh is $2000.  

I must say that I am extremely impressed with CryptoBoreas and their service.  I had 4 additional miners hosted with them and needed them shipped out.  I was contacted by them and they were shipped out within 24 hours.  I was even called by them while at the shipping facility to choose the service and told the shipping costs.

When I have had a dropped miner here and there it gets resolved extremely quickly.

I am asking $240 each on the S5's and $2000 for the hosting.  Total is $8000 in BTC and I would expect escrow with someone like OgNasty until miners are turned over to the new owner.  

If they do not sell, I am ok with it and I will not give them away.  I will accept reasonable offers.  I will prorate any usage on the contract.  I have owned them about 2 weeks and would expect that to lower the cost to about $7700

Thanks

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:27:49 AM

I am not interested in breaking it up.  I would not expect Allinvain to handle 10 different accounts and would not ask him to do it.  Besides at $47/kW the rate cannot be beat.  I think it comes out to 6.5 cents per kWh

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:18:12 PM

So these miners are located in Canada ?
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:19:21 PM

That's a good deal and AllinVain seems like a standup guy, so good deal to whomever gets this.

I don't have the caps, could only get 5 or so myself, if you were to break it up.

Go Big or Go Home.
papadrams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:07:28 PM

If you considering buying them but dont want to be hosted there, just keep in mind this:
Allinvain is a very stand up guy.. He always replies to pm's quickly even in late hours in canada.. His price/KWH is by far better than average, if not the best..
I have my miners there and i am very pleased with my choice..  Wink

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:14:56 PM

So at the end of the contract do these come with the power supplies or no and if so which ones?

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 02:56:28 PM

Power supplies are rented actually. But if you want power supplies to go with these sure you can buy them right out - they're like around $55 CAD each - Artesyn 850 watt (server PSUs).

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:32:55 PM

What's the price of the hosting for just one Antminer S5 ? I might be interested by purchasing one, if, of course price is interesting.
papadrams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:37:41 PM

What's the price of the hosting for just one Antminer S5 ? I might be interested by purchasing one, if, of course price is interesting.

If you pay 3 months up front, then the price is 65 CAD/KWH.. Lets say an s5 consumes 600W.. So 65*0.6 = 39 CAD/month
Current rate is 39CAD = 27.57 USD
So 27.57*3= 82.71 USD (give or take) for 3 months..
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:07:52 PM

If you pay 3 months up front, then the price is 65 CAD/KWH.. Lets say an s5 consumes 600W.. So 65*0.6 = 39 CAD/month

Prices (at least for the hosting) look nice. However, would it be possible to negociate the price a little ? And where are they hosted ? In North America I think (I hope I'm wrong).
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:19:25 AM

Prices (at least for the hosting) look nice. However, would it be possible to negociate the price a little ? And where are they hosted ? In North America I think (I hope I'm wrong).

They are hosted in Canada, the hosting service is A1.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:42:01 AM

So there is no way of just buying the miner itself  ?
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:03:33 AM

I cannot because I have an agreement with Allinvain and want to keep my word

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:04:23 AM

They are hosted in Canada and the price is negotiable

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:41:17 AM

Dang! The hosting is a very good deal but I got free electricity so its a bummer for me.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:04:33 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 10:50:31 AM by Erkallys

Dang! The hosting is a very good deal but I got free electricity so its a bummer for me.

That's the same thing for me. But it's still possible that I'll take one of these. Can the hosting be paid by what the miners produces ?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 10:41:45 AM

That's the same think for me. But it's still possible that I'll take one of these. Can the hosting be paid by what the miners produces ?

You mean you wish to pay on a month-by-month basis? Yes it possible but the hosting fees goes up to $75 CAD per kw. No more discount.

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:53:04 AM

That's the same think for me. But it's still possible that I'll take one of these. Can the hosting be paid by what the miners produces ?

You mean you wish to pay on a month-by-month basis? Yes it possible but the hosting fees goes up to $75 CAD per kw. No more discount.

Yeah that's it. However, fees are too high if I do this. The profit is near zero and I'll never see any ROI if the hosting fees are 75$ CAD/kW. I'll think about it.
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:03:39 AM

Yeah that's it. However, fees are too high if I do this. The profit is near zero and I'll never see any ROI if the hosting fees are 75$ CAD/kW. I'll think about it.

It's much better than pcfli, i think...

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:01:55 PM

So if you buy one today, you get to have the miner shipped to you in 3 months?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 03:30:28 AM

This is kind of crazy to think about, if $75 CAD is too high (52.92 USD) than how is everyone else making any money when their hosting costs are $80 USD or $90 to $95!! lool

I think even with 52.92 you're still making profit, but true the ROI is stretched further into the future.

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:22:47 AM

Yeah. Whoever says that price is high is clueless or can't use a calculator properly.

Go Big or Go Home.
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:24:40 AM

If someone is interested in buying all 25 I may workout a deal to sell them without the hosting.  Thanks

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:36:30 AM

This is kind of crazy to think about, if $75 CAD is too high (52.92 USD) than how is everyone else making any money when their hosting costs are $80 USD or $90 to $95!! lool

I think even with 52.92 you're still making profit, but true the ROI is stretched further into the future.

If the fees are as hish as this, my profit will be only around 10$/month ! And with the halving, it will be just nothing and I'll lose money.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:34:15 AM

If the fees are as hish as this, my profit will be only around 10$/month ! And with the halving, it will be just nothing and I'll lose money.

It won't be $10/month, the S5 makes like $96 CAD now per month so - $45 CAD hosting it nets = $51 CAD per month.

But it seems everybody who wants to buy these miners these days has free electricity or else they would be getting an S7 instead so the $45 hosting fee is money they rather keep.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:30:22 AM

It won't be $10/month, the S5 makes like $96 CAD now per month so - $45 CAD hosting it nets = $51 CAD per month.

But it seems everybody who wants to buy these miners these days has free electricity or else they would be getting an S7 instead so the $45 hosting fee is money they rather keep.

If I am talking about the case of the 75$ CAD hosting fee. It let me around 20$ CAD per month, and so 15$ USD. That's not really high, and I may never see any ROI. And after the halving, I will even lose money.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:32:45 AM

If I am talking about the case of the 75$ CAD hosting fee. It let me around 20$ CAD per month, and so 15$ USD. That's not really high, and I may never see any ROI. And after the halving, I will even lose money.

It would be 75CAD Per kW Per month. A S5 is not 1kW, its 580watts. So no its not 95CAD-75CAD=20CAD=15$. The previous user's math was correct.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:38:33 AM

It would be 75CAD Per kW Per month. A S5 is not 1kW, its 580watts. So no its not 95CAD-75CAD=20CAD=15$. The previous user's math was correct.

Ah ok ! I didn't understood/saw that it was the price per kW. Now it's a lot more interesting Cool. So for one month for 1 S5, I'll have to pay around 45$ CAD so it let me 50$ CAD, or around 35$ USD. If I take 3 monthes, each month I'll have a profit of (95-39)=56$ CAD, or around 40$ USD. The price is 340$ CAD, so I'll need 6 monthes to have a ROI. That's long, and this assume that difficulty won't increase that much Undecided...
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:01:55 PM

So did u decide to break them up if they stay hosted with Allinvain or not? I pm_ed you for 5 but haven't heard back.

Go Big or Go Home.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 02:22:51 PM

Ah ok ! I didn't understood/saw that it was the price per kW. Now it's a lot more interesting Cool. So for one month for 1 S5, I'll have to pay around 45$ CAD so it let me 50$ CAD, or around 35$ USD. If I take 3 monthes, each month I'll have a profit of (95-39)=56$ CAD, or around 40$ USD. The price is 340$ CAD, so I'll need 6 monthes to have a ROI. That's long, and this assume that difficulty won't increase that much Undecided...

Well the smart thing to do would be to host them for 3 month pre-paid and get the $65 rate. We've been generous to offer this rate to anyone regardless of the amount of kw they consume, as long as they pre-pay for 3 months.  It's a win-win for both of us.

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:14:25 PM

Well the smart thing to do would be to host them for 3 month pre-paid and get the $65 rate. We've been generous to offer this rate to anyone regardless of the amount of kw they consume, as long as they pre-pay for 3 months.  It's a win-win for both of us.

Yes I see. If I purchase one S5, that's what I'll order. However, would it be possible to have them shipped to me one day ?
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:24:34 PM

I appreciate the interest from people, here are a few comments to clarify.

I do not wish to break up the 25 units into smaller batches.
At current difficulty and hosting fees, the miners generate approximately $1300 USD profit per month. That is calculated using 1155*25= 28.875 Th with fees being $0.065/kWh

Bottom dollar on the 25 units with hosting - $7000 USD in BTC
Bottom dollar without hosting is $5750 USD plus shipping costs. 

Thanks

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:37:55 PM

Good luck with the sale. Great deal and I wish I had the $7K to go in on it.

Go Big or Go Home.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:40:47 PM

I appreciate the interest from people, here are a few comments to clarify.

I do not wish to break up the 25 units into smaller batches.
At current difficulty and hosting fees, the miners generate approximately $1300 USD profit per month. That is calculated using 1155*25= 28.875 Th with fees being $0.065/kWh

Bottom dollar on the 25 units with hosting - $7000 USD in BTC
Bottom dollar without hosting is $5750 USD plus shipping costs. 

Thanks

Hi kilo17,

when does the prepaid hosting end?

Regards

spiccioli
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:52:00 PM

It has 2 1/2 months remaining or about 10 weeks

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:54:22 PM

Also, at current difficulty it generates about $1900/month or 4.2BTC/month. Above I calculated the net profit

spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:55:40 PM

Are there any other expenses? What about PSUs? Are they included in hosting cost?

Regards.

spiccioli
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:56:28 PM

Are there any other expenses? What about PSUs? Are they included in hosting cost?

Regards.

spiccioli

They are for the remainder of the 3 months, I think I am paying $4 each on those but you can buy them or send your own as well.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 02:08:17 PM

Yes I see. If I purchase one S5, that's what I'll order. However, would it be possible to have them shipped to me one day ?

Of course! They are your miners (or they will be) and you can do with them as you please - at the end of the hosting term! Smiley

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 02:11:49 PM

Regards.

spiccioli

They are for the remainder of the 3 months, I think I am paying $4 each on those but you can buy them or send your own as well.

PSU rental fee is $4 per KW. So it's basically around $2 per S5 to rent a power supply. Total for all S5s should be ~$58.80 (based on 14.7 kw consumption).

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:14:21 AM

Price lowered - if they do not sell in the next day or so I am going to close the thread and keep them Smiley

$6750 total including hosting until March 28, 2016

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: