Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit HD vs Blockchain.info Receive Payments API V2  (Read 1299 times)
Tschai (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:05:47 AM

Just found out I need to update my Blockchain.info Receive Payments API to v2, which now asks for my xPub (Extented Public Key).

How/where do I find my xPub (Extented Public Key) in MultiBit HD (v.0.1.4/latest version)?
 Roll Eyes

Although I read somewhere xPub is disabled (with contacts) while not supported, it also says MultiBit HD is BIP32 complaint and does support xPub.

Please advice...am kinda lost here; maybe I'm just messing up terms/words/definitions.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:50:50 PM

Your wallet's xpub is currently not shown on the UI (although we are thinking about it).
This is mainly as it is quite hard to explain to users that if you give anyone your xpub they can see all the contents of your wallet FOREVER.

Anyhow, if you need it you should be able to work it out by taking an offline copy of:
https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/

and using your wallet words.

Check that the first address generated matches the first payment request in your wallet.

The derivation path for the wallet is shown in MultiBit HD in the Manage wallet | Wallet dashboard | Wallet capabilities section.
(It is different for MultiBit HD wallets and 'Trezor/ Keepey' wallets.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
BlockSense

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:17:23 PM

Blockchain.info's v2 api is alot better. I've only tested it using their alpha wallet though
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: