Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:50:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you advertise the fact that your home is a "Gun-free zone?
Yes, I do not own a gun, and am proud of it. - 14 (38.9%)
No, I do not own a gun, but I'd rather keep that a secret. - 16 (44.4%)
No, I own a gun, but think you should not be able to. - 6 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll for gun control activists:  (Read 4047 times)
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 10:37:45 PM

So...

I'm curious. How many of you guys would be comfortable putting one of these:

On your front lawn?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 10:41:03 PM

I'm going to assume the pro-gun guys would like something more like this:

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:02:09 AM

It's pretty much a well known fact that virtually all households in Japan have no guns in them. Consistency is what matters. You're attitude is to escalate forever. Disgusting.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 02:06:31 AM

It's pretty much a well known fact that virtually all households in Japan have no guns in them.
So I take it that you're the "yes" vote, then?

FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:08:38 AM

It's pretty much a well known fact that virtually all households in Japan have no guns in them.

Actually, I didn't vote.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 02:12:57 AM

Actually, I didn't vote.

Well, now that's just a shame.

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 02:33:47 AM

Well, now that we have a few votes, I see pretty much the pattern I expected. Mostly hypocrites. Everyone who voted no: You're a bunch of hypocrites, but especially the person who voted "No, I own a gun, but think you should not be able to."

To the one stand-up person who would actually post a sign: Have you such a sign? Has it protected you thus far?

To the hypocrites: Why, if you would not subject yourself to this danger, do you do so to our children?

To the really hypocritical asshole: Fuck you.

CountSparkle

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 07:13:27 AM

Why do you care if they want to have guns or not? If they live in a safe area, it's irrelevant, and if not, they'll likely die anyway. It shouldn't affect your own life.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 09:34:03 AM

Gun control in my country appears to work. I'm for maintaining the peaceful status quo here, so I suppose I'm a defacto gun control advocate. I'm beginning to think that gun control discussion threads should be tagged to indicate which country they apply to, since it's clear that while gun control might not be possible or prudent in some societies, it is possible and useful in others.

As to the question in the OP, I wouldn't put up a sign on my front lawn (if I had one) like the one in your post for the same reason I wouldn't put up a "Nuclear Free Zone" sign. It's tacky and does nothing to encourage discussion between opposing viewpoints.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 10:10:29 AM

Would you advertise the fact that your home is a "Gun-free zone?
OF COURSE! Guns are evil metallic weapons built by satan. They are so evil that even Hitler made sure to disarm the german people.

If you own a gun, you are going to hell. Period!

thisiswhatliberalsactuallybelieve.jpg

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 11:12:22 AM

I don't own a gun, I don't think I should be allowed to own one. I have no good reason for needing one. If I did own one I would be in more danger of accidentally shooting myself or someone else than ever needing it for self defence. I don't care who knows that I don't own a gun. Gun ownership is so low in my country that people will simple assume I don't own a gun anyway.

This poll is the most pointed poll I've seen on this forum.

fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 11:17:35 AM

i voted option 1.
i dont feel that protecting some items of mediocre value is worth getting into a firefight. if robberies were a real problem in my neighborhood, i would get insurance and just hop out the window. or better yet, move to a different neighborhood.
same goes for the robber btw. property crimes are not associated with long jail time in germany, so killing some guy to eliminate the remote chance that you are identified would be really really stupid. if i were a robber i certainly would not carry a firearm either.
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 11:40:39 AM

I don't think I should be allowed

I pity you... that you require permission to do anything or be anything or have anything.
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 11:50:28 AM

I pity you... that you require permission to do anything or be anything or have anything.

So do you believe people should be allowed to do what ever they want, even if it endangers, or deprives others of their own rights?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:01:37 PM

So you think you should be allowed to do anything or be anything or have anything? That's a bit egocentric and solipsistic isn't it? You really have no regard for what your fellow citizens may think of you?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:05:19 PM

Why is it that you lot are jumping to conclusions and just making up an imaginary conversation you had with him?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:11:15 PM

Why is it that you lot are jumping to conclusions and just making up an imaginary conversation you had with him?

It's not much of a conclusion to jump to. He pities anyone who think they need "permission to do anything or be anything or have anything". He implies that he himself does not need such permission.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:40:11 PM

Maybe you should let people voice their opinions on their own rather than just making it up like a Journalist normally does.
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 12:45:00 PM

It's not much of a conclusion to jump to. He pities anyone who think they need "permission to do anything or be anything or have anything". He implies that he himself does not need such permission.

+1

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:58:12 PM

Maybe you should let people voice their opinions on their own rather than just making it up like a Journalist normally does.

OK then: Bitware, you state that you believe someone who requires "permission to do anything or be anything or have anything" is to be pitied. Does this mean that you do not believe that you require such permission?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: