Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for easy altcoin to mine on PC for 8th grade instruction  (Read 816 times)
zrsmith (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 12:17:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an altcoin that can be mined from the wallet that still has low difficulty in order to teach my 8th grade programming class about altcoins. I cannot get permission to run miners that require the installation, plus wallets and new accounts. I was granted permission to install wallets if they mine directly. I remember CorgiCoin and PandaCoin had this option ... so I ask the community for help and your thoughts! I need ASAP, as we start school in 10 days.  Huh

Thanks a million,

Zac
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:23:05 AM

BYC,AXIOM,FANTOM can all be mined from wallet.
I think there is others also.

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
zrsmith (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 12:44:16 AM

BYC,AXIOM,FANTOM can all be mined from wallet.
I think there is others also.

IW

Thank you for the starting place ... I will be setting them up shortly to see how they work. Other ideas are still welcome and wanted. Thanks again!
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:49:17 AM

Hi Zac,

nearly all coins can be mined from inside the wallet (using setgenerate true), mostly their difficulty and network hashrate are too high due to ASICs or GPU miners.

Check this site
https://www.scryptpool.com/pools/difficulty/descending

and try the coins with super low difficulty (mostly abandoned and/or alreay dead coins). It's Scrypt coins but with nearly no miners left, you probably might even find some blocks with wallet mining.

Have fun!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: