Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:39:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIYAM Open - Put your "dibs" on tasks for BTC!  (Read 13754 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:58:16 AM

I really wish every website had something like this. Many websites are still sending login information in the clear, especially small bitcoin websites.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:59:01 AM

Hmm I think I have a great resource for everyone to help understand where CIYAM is getting at, the following article explains in "everyday language" to help describe the mechanisms involved here and why hashing "correctly" is important to be implmented in the websites you browse, Do you remember the "LinkedIn" passwords that were Leaked out all becuase nobody on the LinkedIn development team cared to hash their passwords or even care about security for that matter.

Here is the link to the article I hope it sheds some light on this "nerd" talk to peeps.
http://www.p2pcrypt.com/blog/single_post.php?id=10
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 09:44:26 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2013, 10:12:19 AM by CIYAM Open

Minimum browser requirements for using CIYAM Open's "client side encryption over plain HTTP" and *why*

From another thread I gather there is still a bit of confusion about why .js support and some newer DOM features (sessionStorage and localStorage in particular) are necessary.

CIYAM Open is *not* using "https" (although of course this can be added if people really want it in which case the client side encryption would simply not occur as encrypting *twice* is of course going to slow everything down as has already been noticed with Mega's approach) and so one cannot put anything "important" in a cookie as it can be "spied" upon (in the clear).

Now also in order for the client to be able to generate the OTP it needs to do *crypto* which you're not going to be doing without Javascript (am not interested in doing such things in Java for various reasons - perhaps the most obvious the recent warnings about trusting it) so you *need* Javascript support (and you *need* it to be switched on).

You also *need* to have the sessionStorage and localStorage DOM objects available. The sessionStorage is where your "password secret hash" (that is *never* transmitted) is stored (after you type in your password to log in). Later when I add in the ability to "stay logged in" the localStorage object is required in order to persist this hash (and yes - things are less secure if you elect to use that feature).

Hope that helps clarify things.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 01:01:21 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2013, 04:01:37 AM by CIYAM Open

In order to help the non-GPG potential workforce to easily "join in" we are now working on OpenID "sign ups" (so you will be able to use your Google or Facebook account, etc.) - this is still "under wraps" for the "public launch" so stay tuned!

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 03:28:00 PM

Hi Ian,

Ive been reading through this thread to learn more about your CIYAM project. The crypto side I find especially interesting and could be very useful for a toy project im working on.

But I am struggling to see the value proposition of your service.  Software manufacturing? You generate c++ web apps?

Please forgive the question, but why would I want to have a c++ web app? I have not seen one of those in a long time Smiley

How does the manufacturing happen? Do you have any docs that explains the process?

Could your technology target other web frameworks, such as creating me a web app in a more popular web language / framework?

Kind regards
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:25:47 PM

Hi Ian,

Ive been reading through this thread to learn more about your CIYAM project. The crypto side I find especially interesting and could be very useful for a toy project im working on.

But I am struggling to see the value proposition of your service.  Software manufacturing? You generate c++ web apps?

Please forgive the question, but why would I want to have a c++ web app? I have not seen one of those in a long time Smiley

How does the manufacturing happen? Do you have any docs that explains the process?

Could your technology target other web frameworks, such as creating me a web app in a more popular web language / framework?

Kind regards

take a look at ciyam @ github: https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 02:22:01 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2013, 06:54:55 AM by CIYAM Open

But I am struggling to see the value proposition of your service.  Software manufacturing? You generate c++ web apps?

Sure - I understand that a C++ web app generator must seem a bit like some sort of Analytical Engine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage#Analytical_Engine) to many on this forum. Smiley

But understand that by using C++ you can create *faster* and *more secure* web apps than nearly anyone else can (and by doing Software Manufacturing you aren't writing a single line of C++ nor do you have to even look at the source code if you aren't interested in that)!

There is not a large amount of docco yet (when I get more time I will be doing a lot more work on this) but I have put what is currently there up on the website (http://ciyam.org/docs/) and in particular regarding "Software Manufacturing" you should read this one: http://ciyam.org/docs/methodology.html.

That could be done but would be a rather huge task (the system took 10+ years to build) - if anyone wants to devote the time and effort towards doing that then they would be more than welcome to. Smiley

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 01:25:59 PM

Second task completed by K1773R:

https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/commit/2287caff6d4328f75b28aabfc2426d1fc065cd70

and

http://blockchain.info/tx/f39b95b266ca9b48c79de235810800810fda0ca90efa6c63fe968e740c6d90ea

Congratulations to K1773R!

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 01:23:50 PM

Third task completed by yogi:

https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/commit/377493d1bb51e21c5db777d768949acff920b645

and

http://blockchain.info/tx/ddfcc430782ac67620819fd1c2ea86ff72bb514dba43f58266b9dc0eedc6caee

Well done yogi - a nice improvement for all the Chrome web browser users that I will be getting integrated with the CIYAM Open website itself very soon!

Although things may have seemed to have gone very quiet recently there is a *lot* of work happening under the covers and although the CIYAM approach is much more that of the "tortoise" than the "hare" I can assure all potential contributors that this only the very start of opening up a project that has had many years in development and this process will be continuing and expanding throughout the year.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 10:24:51 PM

Thanks Ian,

It was very interesting working in the CIYAM environment and will be encouraging other developer and project managers to do the same.

Looking forward to bidding on more tasks in the future.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 11:39:14 AM

Well I am surprised that this task has not been taken: http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20121223024638595000&ident=M100V131&chksum=06d7fdb4

If no takers before the end of this month then I think the funds (now over 400 USD) will have to be re-allocated.

For those wondering what has been happening with the project we are currently testing the OpenID implementation and are preparing to give the site a facelift.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 03:56:08 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 05:24:41 AM by CIYAM Open

Well the facelift is taking much longer than expected and as we have just recently had fellowtraveler (from Open Transactions) create a Moneychanger project (also known on this forum as the Holy Grail) I have decided to implement the Sign Up anyway.

You'll now notice a gold "key" in the top left of the screen (when you are not logged in) and next to it an icon for Google and other OpenID accounts.

So you can sign up in 1 of 3 different ways:

1) Navigate to https://ciyam.org/open (note the HTTPS) and click on the key to create a "traditional account" (requires an email confirmation).

2) Click on the Google/OpenID icon to sign up with an existing Google/OpenID account (requires a "user name" to be provided).

or

3) Navigate to http://ciyam.org/open (note the HTTP) and click on the key icon to do a GPG sign up (will send you a GPG encrypted email).

Link to the Moneychanger project:

http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130606055250338000&ident=M100V137&chksum=a2a9d6d5

Note there have been a couple of minor hiccups with the system (too many changes and not enough testing in recent weeks - sorry) so please be patient (I will respond to messages generally within 12 hours).

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:18:41 AM

Looking really good. Can't wait for the facelift.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 12:03:59 PM

Well the budget for Moneychanger now "hotting up" to over 75 BTC so I am guessing more interested devs are going to start consider joining.

I would *please* recommend people to take the time to watch the top "slideshow" at http://ciyam.org so they can get a real understanding of the workflow.

This is designed as a "serious" system for Project Management - so when you Open a task bid you can't *change your mind* and if your task bid is *rejected* by the Project Manager or you yourself *cancel* it then that is also *final*.

Think of it as a bit like Bitcoin tx's - in the same way that they are not reversible neither are CIYAM Open "commitments" (so check, re-check and then re-re-check before you click buttons like Open, Accept, Reject and Cancel).

lexxus

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:24:20 PM

Well the budget for Moneychanger now "hotting up" to over 75 BTC so I am guessing more interested devs are going to start consider joining.

I would *please* recommend people to take the time to watch the top "slideshow" at http://ciyam.org so they can get a real understanding of the workflow.

This is designed as a "serious" system for Project Management - so when you Open a task bid you can't *change your mind* and if your task bid is *rejected* by the Project Manager or you yourself *cancel* it then that is also *final*.

Think of it as a bit like Bitcoin tx's - in the same way that they are not reversible neither are CIYAM Open "commitments" (so check, re-check and then re-re-check before you click buttons like Open, Accept, Reject and Cancel).

I know it's probably the most minor issue but this is really the first thing I see and it makes me want to close your website asap:

Please raise the quality of your JPEG logo. Or better make this picture PNG and not JPG.

http://ciyam.org/CIYAM_Open.jpg

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 12:36:11 PM

So in a nutshell - a Project Manager will create a new Project Area (which should be something general like "Client", "Server" or "Scripts") and after giving the Project Area a (real) BTC address and any relevant Notes then Save it - after reviewing all details are correct then the Project Area can be set to Open (allowing it to be seen below the Project).

New Project Tasks are created in a similar way below a Project Area - most importantly for Project Managers to pay attention to is that the Review date and time for the Project Tasks is when they will review the bids (so not when the task must be delivered by but when it must be delivered on or after).

When a contributor makes a Bid on a Project Task then their Delivery date and time is when they are promising to have everything completed (including allowing enough time for review and changes) remembering that the Project Task *owner* does not have to *accept* their bid *before* the initial Review date and time (so if you think it would take you a week you should make it the Review date and time + 1 week at a minimum).

Also note that after you "save" your bid there are 2 more steps - 1st step is to "Check Balance" (to make sure you didn't put in a BTC address you didn't mean to) and assuming no surprises then you have the "Open Bid" button. DO NOT press this button unless you are 100% certain everything is correct (i.e. the BTC address and most importantly the date and time you have *promised* to deliver after all reviews and changes).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 12:37:31 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 01:05:23 PM by CIYAM Open

I know it's probably the most minor issue but this is really the first thing I see and it makes me want to close your website asap:

Please raise the quality of your JPEG logo. Or better make this picture PNG and not JPG.

Yup - if you would like to help out then maybe I could offer you something to do so (plenty of critics but very few doers on this website).

BTW - a new design is coming (eventually) so please just *bear with it* for now (I am a programmer not a graphic designer).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 09:08:26 AM

For those new to CIYAM Open one of its key differences is its *workflow* and here is a step by step example to help clarify how this works:

1) The Project Manager creates a new Project Task and after putting on all necessary information "opens" this task up to the public.

2) One or more Contributors seeing the new task create a Task Bid for this task (setting the Delivery date and time accordingly to what they believe they can achieve including plenty of time for review and rework). Once the Task Bid is created and the BTC balance checked (should be 0 if you used a new address) then they will "open" their bids (once the bid has been opened its details cannot be changed).

3) The Project Manager (having been notified of the new bids) will sometime around the task's Review date and time check all open bids and assuming they are happy with one of these bids will Accept that particular bid.

4) The Contributor whose bid was accepted will now begin work in earnest. When they are ready to complete their task they will create a "git pull request" for the Project Manager to consider.

5) The Project Manager decides to reject the initial pull request due to some identified issues but encourages the Contributor to create another pull request with the required changes for consideration.

6) The Contributor creates a second pull request and this time the Project Manager decides to merge in the changes.

7) Funds are transferred to the Contributor and the task is then "closed".

lexxus

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:57:53 AM

Yup - if you would like to help out then maybe I could offer you something to do so (plenty of critics but very few doers on this website).

BTW - a new design is coming (eventually) so please just *bear with it* for now (I am a programmer not a graphic designer).

I'm not a designer either but maybe this will be a bit better:

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 12:37:50 PM

I'm not a designer either but maybe this will be a bit better:

Hmm... well if you wouldn't mind putting the "I" back into CIYAM and just a bit more of a gap between CIYAM and Open (they are two separate words) then I would be happy to use it for now (assuming the width and height is an exact match with the original image).

Although it is only going to be a temporary banner (as the redesign is underway) I will pay 0.1 BTC for the cleaned up (per above) version assuming that you have created it under a CC license or equivalent.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: