Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIYAM Open - Put your "dibs" on tasks for BTC!  (Read 13754 times)
lexxus

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:31:52 PM

Hmm... well if you wouldn't mind putting the "I" back into CIYAM and just a bit more of a gap between CIYAM and Open (they are two separate words) then I would be happy to use it for now (assuming the width and height is an exact match with the original image).

Although it is only going to be a temporary banner (as the redesign is underway) I will pay 0.1 BTC for the cleaned up (per above) version assuming that you have created it under a CC license or equivalent.

Fixed. The size is exactly the same as the original banner on the site.
Let it be CC. No payment needed as it took me 2 mins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

Fixed. The size is exactly the same as the original banner on the site.
Let it be CC. No payment needed as it took me 2 mins.

Thanks - I have now updated the title image with this .png so hopefully no more sore eyes from the horrible .jpg that has now been relegated to /dev/null.

It is nice to see we have people who are keen to contribute to things just for the sake of making them better (but I do hope a more substantial task for payment comes up that you might consider bidding for).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 09:08:59 AM

Although quite a few of the Moneychanger tasks have been bid on and many of the bids have now been "accepted" (so work has commenced) there is still over 25 BTC worth of tasks for the project that have not received bids.

http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=list&ident=M100L151&chksum=eaeccf9d&special=%40skey1&listextra=find&hashval=5d1cfbb7&findinfo=AM100C129F107%3D20130606055250338000&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

(the HTTP Interface task does have bids, however, the others at this stage do not)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 04:08:09 AM

Progress towards the new website design

We now have an image of what the new design will look like:

http://ciyam.org/docs/home_page_design_h.png

the next step is to get it coded into HTML/CSS and then making the necessary changes to the FCGI UI.

Hopefully it should be completed before the end of August - I have also recently made some changes to the session handling code (you may need to force a browser refresh) that should reduce the incidence of "session timeouts" as well as "Invalid URL" errors.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 05:33:28 AM

Well I decided to complete T00003 myself as even with 2 BTC allotted it had not been bid on (actually it turned out to be very little work as you can see here: https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/commit/7121cabd261a5371f842e1886a824a78fd36074a).

To make things easier for those interested in doing some work but who are worried their programming skills are not good enough I will be adding quite a few "house cleaning" type tasks such as http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130728062354623000&ident=M100V131&chksum=0416c96c (there are always small improvements like this that I simply don't have time to work on myself).

At this stage I haven't funded this new task as I am going to create several such tasks and then work out a budget for each.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 07:25:57 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 09:13:59 AM by CIYAM Open

CIYAM Open now supports Google Authenticator 2FA

Now before you go all anti-Google please understand that the Authenticator is actually an implementation of the RFC 6238 TOTP algorithm (and does not involve even accessing google.com).

Although the actual Google version of the Android app wants Network permission (to periodically update the clock) it is not necessary for it to do so and so if you prefer you can use a version that requires no special permissions from CIYAM here:

http://ciyam.org/Google_Authenticator.apk

Source code for this version of Google Authenticator can be found here:

https://github.com/kactech/otp-authenticator-android

To set up your account for 2FA do the following:

1) Download and install Google Authenticator on your Android device.

2) Log in to CIYAM Open as you normally do from your PC.

3) Click on your user name (near where the Logout link is).

4) Click on the little window blind cord icon to "show more" details (yes got to get a better pair of icons for that).

5) Click Edit Details and then click on the Use Authentication checkbox (now a QR code that contains the Google Authenticator URI should appear).

6) In your Android device start the Google Authenticator app select the Add Account menu item (if it doesn't do that part for you automatically).

7) Click the "Scan barcode" button and then scan the QR code from your PC screen (if that doesn't work for you then the account will have to be added manually - the "secret" key is shown below the QR code and PIN fields for that purpose).

Cool Type in the 6 digit PIN that the Google Authenticator app displays (you may need to make sure your clock has been updated to network time recently if it doesn't match the expected value).

9) Hit Enter or click on Save Details (and don't worry without the correct PIN it will not allow the record to be saved).

10) To test Logout then Login (you should be prompted to enter the PIN after the initial password login).

The 2FA implementation is applicable to all types of CIYAM Open accounts (i.e. standard, OpenID or GPG) and to switch it off repeat steps 3 to 5 (this time "unchecking" Use Authentication) and Save Details.

Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:50:18 AM

Contructing a complex web application in under 5 minutes.

Contructing a lowercase s in over 9000 minutes Tongue

How's the new site design coming along?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 12:06:31 PM

A lot of work is going on "underneath the covers" - support for international time zones will be rolled out shortly (making it easy for a project manager to correctly set their due date and times even with "daylight savings").

Further work on the UI is also underway - a new look and feel can be expected before the end of the year.

Sothh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:01:44 PM

Hey,

I am unable to create an account, for some reason.  When I first tried to sign up, I entered a username and my pgp key, and the page said it had sent me an email, but I never entered my email address Huh .

Then I used the annon key, and a different user name, and I decrypted the username and password, but the username is my old username, and the password does not work.  (For either user names.)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 12:10:31 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 01:42:52 AM by CIYAM Open

I am unable to create an account, for some reason.  When I first tried to sign up, I entered a username and my pgp key, and the page said it had sent me an email, but I never entered my email address Huh .

Your PGP/GPG public key *contains* an email address (although it may not be a real one) - so an email should have been sent to whatever email address is in your PGP/GPG public key (in this case it was a tormail.org address - could the recent problems with tormail be the issue?)

Then I used the annon key, and a different user name, and I decrypted the username and password, but the username is my old username, and the password does not work.  (For either user names.)

The original username and password would be displayed only if the original PGP/GPG public was used. If you could contact me via PM then I will sort this out for you.

Also please note the user names are case sensitive in CIYAM Open (so if you signed up as Sothh you cannot login using sothh as your user id).

BTW - I just tested creating a new anonymous account with no difficulty at all so I am not sure what has happened in this case.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 05:08:54 AM

What's the time?

Unfortunately what seems like a very simple question can become rather tricky when you start to consider "daylight savings" adjustments that are made twice a year in many countries.

CIYAM Open can tell your current UTC offset through .js (and does) but doing this is not always what a user might want. For a start there is the problem of specifying future date and times (as they may occur after a transition in or out of daylight savings) and then there is also the fact that you may actually be using a computer that is not your own or your computer might have temporarily changed timezone due to being on a trip.

To help make this less of a problem you can now select a Timezone (from your user settings which you find by clicking on your username towards to the top right when you are logged in) and whether or not you want to use daylight savings.

The time (which now appears towards the top left of the screen when you are logged in) will then change according to the selected timezone and will be followed by the commonly used abbreviation (such as EST for Eastern Standard Time or EDT for Eastern Daylight Time).

After that you don't need to think about what date and time it will be in the future - it will be simply what you select (any adjustment required for DST will happen under the covers).

Sothh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:29:01 AM

Sorry, yeah I have not been using tormail lately, after its problems.

I am having some problems creating a bid on the CIYAM project.  Whenever I try to create a bid, it just takes me back to the forum page.

Also, I was going to do the HTML and CSS task, but I don't know where to find the design markup of the site.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 05:37:14 AM

I am having some problems creating a bid on the CIYAM project.  Whenever I try to create a bid, it just takes me back to the forum page.

Hmm... haven't heard of that occurring before - but I was just rolling out changes so it could possibly be due to that. Please try it again now.

Also, I was going to do the HTML and CSS task, but I don't know where to find the design markup of the site.

Actually if you are referring to the "Home Page Implementation" task unfortunately I have already agreed to let another contributor work on that (their bid hasn't been created yet as I only just opened up the task).

There will be other upcoming tasks for those with HTML/CSS skills so please check for such tasks in the near future (very likely to be in either September or October depending on how long it takes for the "Home Page Implementation" to be completed).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 09:15:37 AM

The Moneychanger tasks have all been re-opened but before others create bids they should consider that although once your bid has been accepted you are not competing with any other developer you are competing against the clock with the Delivery date and time that you provided.

Also if your bid ends up being rejected due to not having a deliverable or only having partially completed it you will end up losing Project Skill points.

So carefully consider a task before "trying to get dibs on it" and only bid on tasks that you are sure you can complete and the Delivery date and time should be carefully chosen (hint: don't just use the default value).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:06:04 PM

Congratulations to Jan Tenner on completing the CIYAM logo (http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130131141145457000&ident=M100V131&chksum=3607d735).

The result looks at first glance as though it might be just a great font choice (clean and comfortable on the eyes) but if you take the time to look at it closely you will end up working out that it matches no existing font and is instead a minimalist work of precise angles, curves and spacing.

Work on the new design is progressing well and we are expecting to go live with the new look by October 1st.

deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

Congratulations to Jan Tenner on completing the CIYAM logo (http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130131141145457000&ident=M100V131&chksum=3607d735).

The result looks at first glance as though it might be just a great font choice (clean and comfortable on the eyes) but if you take the time to look at it closely you will end up working out that it matches no existing font and is instead a minimalist work of precise angles, curves and spacing.

Work on the new design is progressing well and we are expecting to go live with the new look by October 1st.

Very nice looking, for anyone interested in that close look

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 03:43:11 AM

Next time open contest preferably somewhere on this forum so that more people who are willing to work for bitcoins can participate, thanks.

Wow - seems like someone "got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning" - understand that the logo was created according my specific instructions after going through quite a few other ideas and quite a lot of different iterations.

You also don't understand that in fact the designer who came up with the original idea for this logo was in fact Enej Pungercar (the guy who designed BitStamp).

Also understand I don't do "bounties" as I don't believe in people wasting their time for zero reward in competition against others.

Yes it *looks* like a font - but I can assure you that it isn't and although initially I had thought I wanted something that looked more "logoish" I ended up coming to the conclusion that this was indeed what I preferred.

And finally anyone on this forum that wants to work for Bitcoins is more than welcome to sign up. Smiley

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 02:48:37 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 02:11:29 PM by CIYAM Open

New design now completed!

Thanks to the vision of Enej Pungerčar and the efforts of the CIYAM Developers we now have a new look which we think everyone will find much easier on the eyes.

It starts from http://ciyam.org and extends from there into CIYAM Open where you'll find a Sign In/Up that supports either OpenID, Standard (SSL) or our own Client Crypto (which requires GPG for signing up).

deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:08:05 PM

wow big changes, Welcome to the modern era!

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:45:13 PM

CIYAM is one of the most revolutionary ideas I've seen in the Bitcoin space and I'd highly recommend checking it out.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: