Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free bitcoin for answering trivia :-)  (Read 3081 times)
BitTrivia (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2012, 09:33:24 PM

@gbl08ma

Yeah, I'd have to make sure to limit the number of questions that a user can submit so that they don't gain an unfair advantage. For example, right now there is 2500 questions. If a user contributes 100 questions, that's only 100 / 2600 = 3% change that they'll see one of their own questions, which is pretty small. As the site gets bigger and the number of questions grow, the percentage that a user contributes compared to the total, should be quite low.

But yeah, there will have to be a review process for checking the questions to make sure that there aren't duplicates and that the quality is decent. Checking for duplicates can be pretty well automated - I can write code to search keywords from the questions they submitted against the database.

@Thaddeus and others - I would be happy to receive questions from you guys! I plan on setting up part of the site dedicated for people to input questions and get paid for them. In the meantime, if anyone wants to donate any free questions, please send me an email @ info@bittrivia.com. Thanks!
SuperSquashMan

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 02:12:02 AM

This is a really great site.  It's well designed, the owner is very friendly, and you can rack up BTC fairly fast if you know your stuff. In addition, it gets quite interesting if you're competing with several people.  The biggest problem, however, is the small userbase.  Many times, there will be no active users, making no competition and hence no fun.  Everyone should give this fantastic site a try!
DarkLegacy

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 11:35:53 AM

This site is awesome! I've already earned some fraction of a bitcoin with no investment!
yellowdog213

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 04:00:31 AM

Fun way to waste time, and earn some extra bitcoins in the meantime (even if it is a fairly small amount, I'm okay with that).
I earned money without making any investment at all!!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 07:11:09 AM

would be nice if betting could start at 0.0005BTC Smiley

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2013, 07:20:59 PM

Love the website.  Is there any way to see the answers to the questions after the time runs out?

yellowdog213

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 07:36:36 PM

Love the website.  Is there any way to see the answers to the questions after the time runs out?

Yeah, I would be interested in being able to see some of the answers that I don't know/get incorrect.
BitTrivia (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2013, 08:33:36 PM

The reason I don't put up the answers afterwards is to prevent bots from harvesting answers to questions. There's a limited number of them, and they cost money to replace. But, you can always ask the chat what the answer was if someone else got it right!
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 08:44:14 PM

Played on the site a bit today. Pretty fun stuff!

What's the policy on submitting trivia to you? I'd like to contribute but would hate to be seen as a "cheater" by answering questions I submitted. Since you place your bets before you see the questions, I wouldn't have the option to just not bet. Cheesy

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
BitTrivia (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2013, 09:31:59 PM

@mccorvic - I welcome anyone to submit questions! It's not going to influence your chances of winning much unless you are sending A LOT of questions. The more questions I receive the more diluted your questions will be, so in the end it won't really matter. And you bid before you see the question anyway. If anyone has questions which they'd like to send to me, please email me at info@bittrivia.com. I appreciate donations, but if you would like to get paid for them, just name your price and we can work out a deal.

In the near future I hope to have a section of the site dedicated to question submission.

When you are submitting questions, I'll accept any format, but the best format would be either an Excel document with three columns: question, answer and category, or a text file without extra formatting so it is easy to write a script and import the questions.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:37:54 PM

id love to submit a few good (yet straightfoward) Q&A for the site in exchange for minimal compensation.

I have a degree in nuclear engineering, so would love to throw in a few good questions about fission, fusion, uranium, etc. (PM me with an offer if you are interested)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:44:18 PM

id love to submit a few good (yet straightfoward) Q&A for the site in exchange for minimal compensation.

I have a degree in nuclear engineering, so would love to throw in a few good questions about fission, fusion, uranium, etc. (PM me with an offer if you are interested)

Nuclear engineers making a living writing trivia questions! We are all doomed if that's the going rate.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 10:54:47 PM

Nuclear engineers making a living writing trivia questions! We are all doomed if that's the going rate.

hah i dont consider it my living :p  more like a fun side project where i can earn my way towards my first bitcoin (im at 30mBTC)

NicS

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:18:10 AM

Nifty idea. I'll try it out ASAP.
Prospero

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:35:48 AM

Not only has the daily limit on the number of questions declined, but so has the reward. It used to be 0.001, now it's cut in half to 0.0005.

1Ja2AxA8hfFMrPwSTV9nP6kq7bp3f7x734
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 12:55:21 PM

Not only has the daily limit on the number of questions declined, but so has the reward. It used to be 0.001, now it's cut in half to 0.0005.

Are you complaining about free money?

But seriously, you only need to win two "free" rounds to enough to actually bid and make more. Take advantage of that Smiley

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

what does it consider as a "day"? first or last free play?

I started at about 2am, then played again around 3pm. as of 10am i still cannot play without a bid.

Prospero

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 06:21:20 AM

and it looks like the number of allowed free questions has decreased yet again

1Ja2AxA8hfFMrPwSTV9nP6kq7bp3f7x734
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:54:15 AM

I think the site has "died" for 2.5 reasons:

1) the freebies have decreased HUGELY. went from 0.5mBTC per free win, to 0.0001mBTC per win. not enough to keep people in an empty room
2) the number of rooms "complicates" things. I dont think i ever saw a bet bigger then a bitcent.
2.5) turned out, once you used up your "free plays", betting an mBTC in an empty room allowed you to keep winning the 0.5mBTC payouts (before site changeup)

I made about 0.16 BTC from the site tho, with no investment of my own, so im a happy player!

jcash23

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 02:25:48 PM

I would agree that item 1 in the above post makes this a waste of time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: