Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:45:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Bitcoin's journey from $400 to $200,000 will realistically look like.  (Read 2015 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:37:14 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 12:48:57 PM by americanpegasus

Thankfully Berkshire Hathaway stock has already given us a great example of exactly how an asset can go from being worth $14 each to over $200,000 each throughout the course of several decades.  

It's conceivable that Bitcoin could make the very same journey, and might even make it faster.  

Here's that same chart in linear format.  If it looks familiar, that's because it heavily resembles Bitcoin's own violent and exponential movements upward, followed by subsequent periods of consolidation.  

yeah ok it's possible, but look at the time frame, that stock required 50 years to achieve that result, and in the last 3 years the value just doubled

so bitcoin need tiem for that, in the next halving you can expect a 2x value as a stable one with some major peak

You are not considering the exponential acceleration of technological results (and Bitcoin being a medium of that acceleration).  You are also not considering that BRK was primarily an American asset which most of humanity could not partake in.  Bitcoin's ascent will be much more rapid. 

Consider that it took 20 years for BRK to go from inception to $400. 

Bitcoin did that in six

So, at our current velocity, you can safely assume that every decade on this chart represents a three year period.. Hold onto your butts. 

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:47:55 AM

What Monero's journey from 0.0019 BTC to 0.0011 actually did look like.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2216
Merit: 3238

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:42:17 AM

I am missing the 'we are here' arrow AP Smiley

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:02:03 AM

What Monero's journey from 0.0019 BTC to 0.0011 actually did look like.

Lol, you mean Monero's journey from 50 cents USD to 50 cents USD?  The money I've put into Monero has stayed even, and has a lot of potential for future growth.  

That's more than I can say for money left in the stock market over the past year.  

I am missing the 'we are here' arrow AP Smiley

True, and the vague video game tie in.   Sad 
But like Bane, I have gone mobile and it will have to do for now. 

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:04:43 AM

BRK.A has 811,129 "active" shares priced at right now $193,900 each.

Bitcoin right now(and will only increase in the future) has 15,061.750 "active" coins priced at right now $447 each.

Difference between just over 800K shares of BH and over 15M shares of Bitcoin is way too big to accomplish the same scenario.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:42:28 AM

BRK is also a useless asset that just sits there, and hopefully you can you can trade it to a greater fool down the road.

Bitcoin has actual utility and can grow to the second tier of money: a transactional economy. 

Bitcoin has a strong chance to grow to a paltry 21 times the size of BRK and could conceivably go much higher. 

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:54:39 AM

yeah ok it's possible, but look at the time frame, that stock required 50 years to achieve that result, and in the last 3 years the value just doubled

so bitcoin need tiem for that, in the next halving you can expect a 2x value as a stable one with some major peak
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:46:41 PM

You are not considering the exponential acceleration of technological results (and Bitcoin being a medium of that acceleration).  You are also not considering that BRK was primarily an American asset which most of humanity could not partake in.  Bitcoin's ascent will be much more rapid. 

Bitcoin did that in six

So, at our current velocity, you can safely assume that every decade on this chart represents a three year period.. Hold onto your butts. 

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:46:11 PM

Bitcoin did that in six

i would not assume such a strict comparison, but it's true that we are going much faster nowadays

at this point any insane prediction will coem true, when satoshi predicted it, which mean in 20 years since 2010 = 2030 at max
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:38:48 PM

Wow it was quite steep uptrend, i have not seen any stock going like that before. But hope is ok for bitcoin but it will be over hope if you predict it to go like the above. We may see some correction after this current huge pumps.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:37:01 PM

There are never possible to make such comparisons. Because never can happen again exactly the same situation compared to the one which is taken as an example. With big probabilities cannot happen even the verification of something which can make classify the first near of the second one. So if are not the same situation (in other words are not the same factors which act and/or even the same "push" or "power" of every, or part of those, which maybe may exist) cannot happen never the same thing. So this kind of comparisons are made by "slaves" of charts and data. Such kind of knowledge serve only as a tool of knowledge on the schools to make understand to the students a given phenomenon happen in that or this year. And to give cultivation that can help that who learn such things to be able to act in new situations. Having a wide background in a given matter help to "invent" the right solutions in new situations which need new solutions.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 05:42:02 PM

That would be amazing if it goes like that, Likely though i don't know . I think obviously we would not take as many years to reach that point though since once it gets more known the adoption should explode or im hoping so anyway.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:47:56 PM

All bitcoin needs is time, time to grow
Time to let more people adapt to it
Right now it's been going very slowly because of how the media puts bitcoin out there
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:48:43 PM

That would be amazing if it goes like that, Likely though i don't know . I think obviously we would not take as many years to reach that point though since once it gets more known the adoption should explode or im hoping so anyway.

What do you consider to be the right amount of years to see such a price? (if ever). Thousands of institutional investors have had no problems investing their millions into a certain stock. Bitcoin is not like that at this point. Current exchanges can't handle millions worth of $ in deposits every day. That needs to change.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:34:22 PM

Current exchanges can't handle millions worth of $ in deposits every day. That needs to change.

The 'proper' exchanges like Itbit and Gemini certainly could. I don't know how shaky the banking relationships are for the other ones. The main issue would be getting enough coin holders to pile in to provide some volume. I guess lots of hard cash might tempt a few out.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:37:22 PM

Lol I just made a thread about this and didn't notice this one was already created. Well, no such thing as enough positive threads for Bitcoin I guess. I also pointed out at the fact that whales will sell in the peaks which makes the "oh but early investors will become insanely rich" not a problem cause the current whales will for granted sell BTC in every peak, so it will get distributed more evenly.
kollo99

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:38:52 PM

I never hear about it, in my country they are not so famous, and is not a promoted company to buy stock
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:43:14 PM

BRK is also a useless asset that just sits there, and hopefully you can you can trade it to a greater fool down the road.

Bitcoin has actual utility and can grow to the second tier of money: a transactional economy. 

Bitcoin has a strong chance to grow to a paltry 21 times the size of BRK and could conceivably go much higher. 

well brk owns real companies, that provide real jobs, that make real products and give real services....
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:12:00 PM

well brk owns real companies, that provide real jobs, that make real products and give real services....

You are delusional if you think BRK-A price per stock corresponds in real life in a 1:1 scale to the actual produced goods by those companies. The stock market is a big speculation and people will price things whatever they are willing to pay for them.

Bitcoin offers real (and extremely unique) services thanks to its technology, which is already providing new jobs as well, and can be used to sell real products (and make real products if you get founding thanks to it).

You aren't looking at it the right way, this is not how things work to be frank.
dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:34:44 PM

316,000 full time employees, $196.57B revenue, awesome run business and growth performance.
Yes right who would even want to own a part of 'useless' businesses like that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: