Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:38:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Verbal Agreements Escrow Service (To help against scam/fraud)  (Read 845 times)
TheGrimm (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:28:25 PM

I was thinking of creating a service which allows both party's to make Verbal Agreements.

This can be very helpful in courts (ether party can not claim "Someone stole my account, I was hacked etc..)
Might be helpful for payment processors which allow charge-backs (like google wallet, amazon etc....)

Basically A user can fill in a form and then connect to a phone call, the automated phone call will ask the user to verbally say there name, address etc and confirm what payment they are using, there payment/address etc... and once both party's agree payments is sent the recording is sent to both users with a url link to download

What are your thoughts on this type of service?

While Escrow services do help somewhat, there is always a instance of "I was hacked, It was not me blah blah" so I think something like this would help.

---------

I would like to make this open source, but looking at projects that are open source, they receive VERY little to no donations, so I am a bit stuck if I should make it open or make it as a paid service.

Please share your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:43:42 PM

Very interesting.  There is great voice match tech out there as well.  Nice!

I love Bitcoin
TheGrimm (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:02:35 PM

Very interesting.  There is great voice match tech out there as well.  Nice!

To be 100% honest, I was just thinking of just verbal agreement type service, I did not even think of using voice recognition, that would be a great security feature!

BellaBitBit

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:05:51 PM

to add...it seems to be a trend that things are going more towards open source.

I love Bitcoin
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 07:19:34 PM

Have you thought about the use of free voice changing applications?  What happens if a person has a cold?

Also, nothing forces a user to use their real name.  All you have is the sound of their voice.  Who would spend time listening to all the scam voices to figure out if the voice they are listening to is not a scammer?

Interesting idea though.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BellaBitBit

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:27:51 PM

Have you thought about the use of free voice changing applications?  What happens if a person has a cold?

Also, nothing forces a user to use their real name.  All you have is the sound of their voice.  Who would spend time listening to all the scam voices to figure out if the voice they are listening to is not a scammer?

Interesting idea though.  Smiley

There is so much voice tech out there that it keeps getting better and better.  I think law enforcement uses it now and has a massive database.

I love Bitcoin
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 07:29:12 PM

Also, your service relies heavily on people obeying the law or facing legal consequences.  History has shown us that people are not willing to sue the other party, even if their identity is known.  Everyone just walks away.

Also, a scammer could easily have/pay a friend/stranger to record their voice for them, thereby having a different voice for each scam they commit.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BellaBitBit

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:40:55 PM

Also, your service relies heavily on people obeying the law or facing legal consequences.  History has shown us that people are not willing to sue the other party, even if their identity is known.  Everyone just walks away.

Also, a scammer could easily have/pay a friend/stranger to record their voice for them, thereby having a different voice for each scam they commit.

True.  just looked at your avatar and message  Cheesy

I love Bitcoin
TheGrimm (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:48:58 PM

@Vod

Those are valid concerns, and there is always a way to dodge most "verify who are you" .

I do have a long way to go, and there are more issues of course, but my thinking is, this service could stop members like master-P from getting away with scamming, for example, a user who has good intentions, buys/sells without problems, they use the Verbal Agreements Service all the time, then one day they just wanna do a crap load of scamming, but because he used the voice service, combined with any digital evidence, its a pretty much sure win (and they can't complain that was not them that scammed, since there voice is recorded)

In all honestly, I wish users could be anonymous and always get what they ordered - but sadly this is not a perfect world, I do agree with @VOD there is just too many ways to get around stuff, but these are just ideas for now.

Thanks you all for your responses :-)

TheGrimm (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:52:26 PM

Those are true as well, my idea is a long shot, but just having a few ideas for now.

Thank you so much for your input

notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 09:56:48 PM

Have you thought about the use of free voice changing applications?  What happens if a person has a cold?

Also, nothing forces a user to use their real name.  All you have is the sound of their voice.  Who would spend time listening to all the scam voices to figure out if the voice they are listening to is not a scammer?

Interesting idea though.  Smiley

Then a full video session (on Hangouts) alongwith verification of each individuals would be a better idea IMHO. Tongue

After all, try to use multi-sig addresses to lessen the risks a bit.

Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:23:24 PM

I like your idea, agreements with recorded voice could be used on court if there is any problem, but there will be bad people that will work to break the rules, and scam people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: