Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin becomes one of the biggest Investments by all the Major Banks in History  (Read 1034 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:44:07 PM

The one basic issue is that the value of bitcoin is not "pinned" to anything obvious.  For example, if you buy Apple stock, that is connected to the well being of the Apple corporation.  With bitcoin, it's not immediately obvious what influences the price of bitcoin, which makes it less possible to figure out what can change prices.

The other issue is that bitcoin is still quite new, and there is still a lot of room for "unknown unknowns" and "growing pains".  We've been trading stocks for hundreds of years, so a lot of the failure modes are well known.  With bitcoin, we don't know what the failure modes are.

One thing is that risk is not a bad thing.  One reason I like bitcoin is that with stocks everyone has got everything figured out, and it's very unlikely you will be the first person in the world to figure out something new about Apple stock.  Bitcoin is new enough so that you could be one of the first dozen people in the world to figure out something about it that no one realized before.

Software traditionaly always succeeds as it can be upgraded, the succes is not entirely software dependant

though with such a high uaser and support base with the objective of being the worlds currency systems it lacks

neither the support or finacial banking and has very moralistic ideas as its core beliefs,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:13:16 PM

The one basic issue is that the value of bitcoin is not "pinned" to anything obvious.  For example, if you buy Apple stock, that is connected to the well being of the Apple corporation.  With bitcoin, it's not immediately obvious what influences the price of bitcoin, which makes it less possible to figure out what can change prices.

The other issue is that bitcoin is still quite new, and there is still a lot of room for "unknown unknowns" and "growing pains".  We've been trading stocks for hundreds of years, so a lot of the failure modes are well known.  With bitcoin, we don't know what the failure modes are.

One thing is that risk is not a bad thing.  One reason I like bitcoin is that with stocks everyone has got everything figured out, and it's very unlikely you will be the first person in the world to figure out something new about Apple stock.  Bitcoin is new enough so that you could be one of the first dozen people in the world to figure out something about it that no one realized before.

Software traditionaly always succeeds as it can be upgraded, the succes is not entirely software dependant

though with such a high uaser and support base with the objective of being the worlds currency systems it lacks

neither the support or finacial banking and has very moralistic ideas as its core beliefs,

Well the believers are rich ,the creator as well,i doubt he or she hadnt sell some coins when they worth 1000dollars,and well left the rest into those wallets ,hoping that demand and supply makes bitcoin up or down,bitcoin investment can be see as the next best investment over the last 100 years,soo be part of it is just amazing.Banks wanna reduce their wages ,soo blockchain tech will allow them to save,soo they saying yes to technology,and one they bitcoin will be said as well.
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:39:42 PM

Considering the list of Major banks to have invested in Bitcoin

it could soon hold the record for the biggest number of Bank investors of any project in history

and its a record that might never be broken,  
i believe the future is nearer with us,i men future payment and invstement,just need more time to wait bitcoin spread around the world,i hope stil can be part of bitcoin when its all happen Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: