Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:40:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What price is high enough?  (Read 3324 times)
stakhanov

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:57:37 AM

I'm not selling before 1000$ per BTC. I like the concept and I like having bitcoins, so I'll keep them unless I can really make real money selling them.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:01:56 AM

I'm not selling before 1000$ per BTC. I like the concept and I like having bitcoins, so I'll keep them unless I can really make real money selling them.

Same, except I've set a threshold at $100.

I have enough reserves that this price would give me a few million dollars in any western fiat currency. Even at current rates I could prob. buy a pretty nice house, a lambo or some other item.

But more power to you if it really does rise to such levels (or even higher). I fully commend you for your patience.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:12:17 AM

It is a tough question to answer.

Part of me wants to cash out if/when bitcoins reach $1,000 a piece... and part of me "knows" that will never happen (that is self doubt talking there, not disbelief in bitcoins).

So should I sell some at $50 then? I probably will. Not many but I would like to "make my money back" before the network gets hacked/tycho goes crazy/insert doomsday scenario here/etc/etc...
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:02:08 AM

How much higher does the price need to go for you to cash out of your bitcoins?

I'm not sure I'll ever convert mine back to paper. I'll probably convert mine to a house.
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:32:10 AM

How much higher does the price need to go for you to cash out of your bitcoins?

I'm not sure I'll ever convert mine back to paper. I'll probably convert mine to a house.

yeah I don't have any desire for "regular" money but I would definitely buy a house with mine if possible.
MacFall

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 12:45:09 PM

The thing is, I don't want to cash out. I want to be able to pay everything in bitcoins.

1 btc > 1e6 or 1e7 $

By then, it will certainly be possible.

I second this. In the short term I am happy with buying groceries and data needed to run an online business but am hoping more innovations keep occurring that allow it to move more mainstream, possibly to brick and mortar shops.

I'm afraid groceries will come last of all without doing some serious legwork. I bet I can find a butcher, farmer, baker, and someone to sell me hygiene products who will accept bitcoin - but probably not close enough to my house to deal with them exclusively. And chain supermarkets are just too reliant on the state paradigm. I think that large-scale grocers will probably start using bitcoin at around the same time that soldiers and cops start doing it too - when the government's money is utterly useless to them.
So do you think it will take the demise of the dollar to reach this point?

For it to start happening, no. The dollar just has to become unstable enough that even government agents begin to see the benefit of alternatives. But for it to happen on a wide scale, I fear that to be the case.

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
tymothy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:44:39 PM

Maybe $1000...that would pay for law school.  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: