Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ajw7989 (legendary account) my account hacked CAUTION  (Read 3024 times)
ajw7779 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:35:12 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my account was hacked ajw7989. I contacted theymos a few days ago when I noticed it but still waiting for a reply. I can provide proof in terms of my old btc address but now since the hacker is using my account to give rep out and make posts I decided I have to tell the community.

Below is an old post with my btc wallet.
voted please send payment to: 1GaaGPapfp5BUfQzKQrmGVpwZQvLW3SZSv

Thanks and good luck!

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is a message to verify my bitcointalk ajw7989 was hacked. Use caution
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GaaGPapfp5BUfQzKQrmGVpwZQvLW3SZSv
IKgP2q7WTBCHA3ZAck8TJAh/KnQ3mC5RmqQ/V9lcWsOFF8tzrEssqzNXjJ8LJ7Dyd25qrSdagKStNpXxqfpqYbI=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:39:47 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my account was hacked ajw7989. I contacted theymos a few days ago when I noticed it but still waiting for a reply. I can provide proof in terms of my old btc address but now since the hacker is using my account to give rep out and make posts I decided I have to tell the community.

Below is an old post with my btc wallet.
voted please send payment to: 1GaaGPapfp5BUfQzKQrmGVpwZQvLW3SZSv

Thanks and good luck!

IKgP2q7WTBCHA3ZAck8TJAh/KnQ3mC5RmqQ/V9lcWsOFF8tzrEssqzNXjJ8LJ7Dyd25qrSdagKStNpXxqfpqYbI=

Wait, he is very busy. Try also to contact BadBear Wink.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:42:35 PM

shouldn't there be like, a timestamp on that signed message? you know, to make 100% sure that it wasn't signed some ages ago.
ajw7779 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

shouldn't there be like, a timestamp on that signed message? you know, to make 100% sure that it wasn't signed some ages ago.

I timestamped the one to theymos but if you want a timestamp sure here is another message.

Date is 1/10/2016
H8pNHpT8UfdneXnjqpJCyJglXOAXqY2/Fb25dIENzenpK8hEyBUDrzEATGO2AyLOoR/v5q7Y5VZPJoS10BihBv8=

redsn0w thanks for the tip pmed badbear just now.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:34:11 PM

Wait, he is very busy. Try also to contact BadBear Wink.
Theymos is more active than BB these days, but double the chances I guess
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:39:06 PM

I would not be surprised if the person who hacked the OP's account is an alt of darrenw88, as the OP's account vouched for his PS4 games

Bought 10 accounts from him a week ago for $80 sent him the funds first and he sent the games over right away deal went smooth.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:17:25 PM

Why are more accounts getting hacked nowadays? Huh

Does forum has any security hole? You should share your experience on how it may got hacked?

We may be more cautious considering yours as an example.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:23:23 PM

Does forum has any security hole? You should share your experience on how it may got hacked?

The problem is not the forum, the problem here are the people... they should care more about their security.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:47:45 PM

You have to be patient, theymos answer not so fast about this kind of problem, but he will answer...maybe one month if you're lucky, my suggestion is write to him once a day or a little less to make this process faster

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:13:36 PM

The problem is not the forum, the problem here are the people... they should care more about their security.
Yes I tend to agree.Many people do not pay necessary attention to the security of their account which is very sad.I think accounts above Full Member are more prone to hacking therefore these rank members should be more cautious

darrenw88

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:52:22 AM

I would not be surprised if the person who hacked the OP's account is an alt of darrenw88, as the OP's account vouched for his PS4 games

Bought 10 accounts from him a week ago for $80 sent him the funds first and he sent the games over right away deal went smooth.

hey guys, just saw this. its 100% not me. anyway i can prove it ?? ive bought and sold on this forum and have never wronged anyone. dont know what this is about. i didnt sell 10 to anyone
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:56:15 AM

hey guys, just saw this. its 100% not me. anyway i can prove it ?? ive bought and sold on this forum and have never wronged anyone. dont know what this is about. i didnt sell 10 to anyone
It is possible that guy was just trolling, IDK. Strange if this is the case.
darrenw88

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:03:43 AM

honestly couldnt say. i wish there was a way to prove it. my account is 100% legit. this is the only account i have. im guessing they all say that but honestly, thats the truth. i will remove the post though, i did sell a couple to someone though.
ajw7779 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:33:57 AM

I would not troll my own account. Like i said i already sent the proof to theymos days ago and now badbear. I just hope they can work on it soon. They will see the IPs dont match either.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:37:56 AM

I would not troll my own account. Like i said i already sent the proof to theymos days ago and now badbear. I just hope they can work on it soon.
I was saying that the person who hacked your account was trolling

They will see the IPs dont match either.
ajw7779 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:06:39 AM

I would not troll my own account. Like i said i already sent the proof to theymos days ago and now badbear. I just hope they can work on it soon.
I was saying that the person who hacked your account was trolling

They will see the IPs dont match either.

np wasnt sure. on another note still waiting for theymos so no one trust that account yet will sign a message if/when its recovered.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:34:45 AM

Yes I tend to agree.Many people do not pay necessary attention to the security of their account which is very sad.I think accounts above Full Member are more prone to hacking therefore these rank members should be more cautious

For the most part I agree it is based on user.  But some of these that are not active it is possible that the forum hack a while back was still valid on password.  We never figured out (i don't think) who did and ultimate goal of the hack of the forum.   If a user kept the same password as then they now have had months to crack it.

OP since you say you know you have a hacker I'm curious what was the cause?  Did you find anything on computer?  Or no idea what caused it.
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966

It's Not Enough

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:46:49 AM

Yup, the problem is the people.

More than the 50% of members of the forum use the same password in different sites/forums... or email.

I was using the same password in different forums, till one of them was hacked, since that day i'm using different passwords (written in a paper with especial characters, to difficult a possible "force-brute" attack).

2FA in the forum would be nice (or something like that).

Alaki

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:12:22 AM

How about security question ?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:25:36 AM

How about security question ?

Thats not 2FA, its just another way to recover your account and from the last breach we learned that its not as well protected as the password itself.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: