Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to Bitcoins if I sent to another address from the same wallet?  (Read 771 times)
Bitflipper16 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:07:24 PM

Hi, I've just downloaded the Bitcoin client, totally new to this. I can see that I can have multiple addresses from my one wallet, but I was just wondering what would happen if I sent some Bitcoin in another address of the same Bitcoin wallet? I dont want to do it, i just want to know what happens if an accident happens or something. Thanks for any help
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 05:39:13 PM

Hi, I've just downloaded the Bitcoin client, totally new to this. I can see that I can have multiple addresses from my one wallet, but I was just wondering what would happen if I sent some Bitcoin in another address of the same Bitcoin wallet? I dont want to do it, i just want to know what happens if an accident happens or something. Thanks for any help

You have slightly less bitcoin than before, due to the fee.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Bitflipper16 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:08:19 PM

ok cool thanks.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:22:58 PM

You might also be able to send without any fee if you're prepared to wait a few days until some miner decides to be generous and include your transaction in a block even if it does not have a fee. You need to convince your wallet program that sending without a fee is really what you want, though.

However, if you're curious about these things you might want to experiment with testnet coins first until you are certain that you grasped the mechanisms and know how to work with your client. Testnet coins can be gotten for free, just ask someone who has some. There is also a faucet that hands out small amounts (just google it). Testnet coins can also still be mined with moderate effort (USB miners). But mining with a CPU doesn't really work (I tried it...)

Onkel Paul

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:16:14 AM

nothing it's like sending to yourself minus fee

you can try this easily with a virtual machine to exchange money between the same wallet
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:20:11 AM

Yeah nothng crazy will happen like losing your coins or anything like that, you will be just sending the coins to yourself minus the fee.
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:54:58 AM

I never sent bitcoin to another address from the same wallet before. But i think it's still has a transaction and you will get fee for that.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:11:44 AM

what one of the person replyied is correct nothing the bitcoin will go to that addres ya but you will be charged with transaction fee, that will be loss for you .
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:00:30 PM

yeah..i'm just try by myself when I'm using blockchain then I'm create new address.

Afterward I'm sending my balance from to new address ( in same wallet of blockchain ) and I can send it without any fee !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████