Poll
Question: Is he going
to stop Isis - 0 (0%)
to come back safe and sound - 1 (7.7%)
to die - 12 (92.3%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oregon Musician Traveling To ISIS Controlled Syria To Sing For Peace…  (Read 1203 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:13:08 PM

In two weeks, a Portland musician will travel to ISIS-controlled Syria to perform a concert for peace.

It may sound crazy to some, but it’s not the first time James Twyman has gone to a war torn area to sing and pray for peace. While it might be dangerous, James feels he has to do it.

Twyman sings the Muslim prayer. It’s just one of many prayers he puts to music from various religions when he sings for peace around the world.

In the late 90’s, Twyman performed in Baghdad amid fallout from Dessert Storm and he played in Syria a couple years ago.

On Jan. 20, Twyman will travel to the Israeli-Syrian border to hold a concert in a Syrian village. It is in ISIS-dominated territory, but Twyman says he has people there setting it up and making sure it’s as safe as possible.

Twyman’s goal is for people at the concert and around the world to sing and pray for peace at the exact same time. He’s well aware of the danger involved, but says that’s not enough of a reason to stay away.

“With all the violence, with all the feat that has been generated, I think the only answer is for us to focus on love and compassion and peace. And so do something as crazy as going over there, it hopefully inspires people.”

http://www.kptv.com/story/30914212/oregon-musician-traveling-to-syria-to-sing-for-peace

UliJonHoth

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:15:58 PM

Twyman sings the Muslim prayer. It’s just one of many prayers he puts to music from various religions when he sings for peace around the world.

Somehow I just don't see this going over too well with the amped-up, crazed jihadis...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:04:26 PM

Somehow I just don't see this going over too well with the amped-up, crazed jihadis...

Then vote "to die"

coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:32:33 AM

I just think he is crazy to go there, singing or music will not stop this ongoing civil war in Syria
But he will come back safely as the village he is going to is near to the Israeli borders
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:43:58 PM

Maybe he is going there to join them. Jihadi James..

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:31:49 PM

I just think he is crazy to go there, singing or music will not stop this ongoing civil war in Syria
But he will come back safely as the village he is going to is near to the Israeli borders

Safe and sound then.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

Maybe he is going there to join them. Jihadi James..

That would be a "join or die" vote. He is a musician, sharia laws are not fond of musicians and artists in general. It should be a "to die" vote then.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:56:19 PM

As he goes to the Israeli-Syrian border he has a good chance to get back in one piece, but to be honest I wouldn't be very surprised if someone would try to kidnap him.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:03:46 PM

As he goes to the Israeli-Syrian border he has a good chance to get back in one piece, but to be honest I wouldn't be very surprised if someone would try to kidnap him.

"To die" vote.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:33:06 PM

Looks like he is aiming for not a very long life...  Roll Eyes

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/security/2014/01/isis-raqq-ban-music-smoking-impose-veil.html#

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:29:27 PM

"To die" vote.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 05:04:06 PM

He will definitely get killed, at this point, radical Islamists almost make it a point to attack anybody that believes in freedom of speech or peaceful co-existence more than anything, I think that way of thinking is incredibly naive, aid workers before have been killed for trying to help people in ISIS territory.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:06:29 PM

He will definitely get killed, at this point, radical Islamists almost make it a point to attack anybody that believes in freedom of speech or peaceful co-existence more than anything, I think that way of thinking is incredibly naive, aid workers before have been killed for trying to help people in ISIS territory.

"To die" vote.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:20:50 PM

Prepare for the next absurd green-screen beheading hoax.  Or maybe they'll start to 'do it live' as O'Reilly might say.  People are starting to wise up to these more humane style of psy-ops.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:15:11 PM

Prepare for the next absurd green-screen beheading hoax.  Or maybe they'll start to 'do it live' as O'Reilly might say.  People are starting to wise up to these more humane style of psy-ops.

Vote "to come back safe and sound"

xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:43:09 PM

God must have a lot of time on his hands if he has time to tell an idiot like Twyman what he should do.

a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:45:54 PM

If he did not talk to press before going there, he may succeeded in coming back safe.
but now I think ISIS will be waiting for him after he enters their territory . voted "to die'
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:45:07 PM

Prepare for the next absurd green-screen beheading hoax.  Or maybe they'll start to 'do it live' as O'Reilly might say.  People are starting to wise up to these more humane style of psy-ops.

Vote "to come back safe and sound"

Ya.  He probably won't even need to change his name.  The bulk of the sheeple are so zombified now that nobody would even question how he's back playing in local coffee shops after being beheaded by 7 foot tall 'Islamists' a year prior.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:49:34 PM

"it hopefully inspires people". That's what the guy says.

I'm afraid it will inspire people to shoot him a bullet in his head to silence him. If he expects to see women dancing and get a date, he will fail. Miss Irak who was elected recently has received several death threats, and she isn't in an IS controlled town.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:18:36 AM

Great plan. Sing to terrorists till they grab each other hand and sing kumbaya. That will stop those goatfuckers for sure. I just hope that artist know ISIS law and their stance on art (at least if he still need his head).
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: