Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Armory?  (Read 1397 times)
BVK (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:22:22 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2019, 03:57:35 PM by BVK

will Armory be updated to cope  with whatever changes coming to bitcooin

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 10:56:32 PM

With all this rapid development of bitcoin core I am really concern to keep  my funds in Armory any longer

After the drama to make transactions with .11 core  its obvious there is no  development  and Armory wont be updated to cope  with whatever expected changes coming to bitcooin; segwit, block incise hardforks , BIP's, softforks, script versions changes,  confidential transactions an so on.

I am rally looking for alternative.

I think you might be giving up on Armory prematurely but I understand your concern. Are you looking for a fully validating node wallet or a hardware wallet like Trezor?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:15:05 AM

Armory was looking very promising. Founded from from VC, active development, coin control, full node...

I still believe it  is currently the most secure wallet but I have feeling using it may end on the wrong side of the (soft) fork as it happened with bitcoin 0.11when transactions had to be processed by online wallets.

segwit is coming 100%. soon.  and I'am looking for a HD full node wallet that has active development and will validate segwit transactions.
The whole thing with 0.11 wasn't a soft fork, which is probably also why it took a little bit for armory to get up to date with that. There actually wasn't a whole lot of discussion about that upgarde, it just kinda happened and it pretty much took armory by surprise when the release came out.

I don't think that will be the case with segwit. Segwit was announced and has been planned for a while, so the developers know when it will come out and are probably already working on it. Since it is a soft fork, it has to be known ahead of time, unlike last time which wasn't a soft fork. I think armory will be fine when the soft fork happens.

Also, armory is still actively developed. Apparently it is now being developed for enterprise and is becoming more closed source, but the open source project of armory is still being worked on and will continue to be worked on by goatpig.

AFAIK armory is the only HD full node wallet. Supposedly Bitcoin Core has HD in the works, but it won't come out till at least 0.13 IIRC.

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:23:15 AM

Amory is a promising project but not everyone needs a full node. I suppose it could have an option for being a partial node, reading block info from a centralized server.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:48:51 AM

You can take a look at mSIGNA. It is a full node HD wallet but after looking it over it seemed overly complicated. The product does not even have full user documentation yet and there is a warning it is still in beta.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: