Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much a BitcoinTalk account worth ?  (Read 316 times)
RedPrince (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:19:10 PM

I created a formula myself and applied it @ http://bitcointalk.ninja/account_worth.php. But, it seems some people are disagreeing with the result. So, I'm publicly declaring the formula. If you have a better one, please come up with that...

$accountWorth = ((0.001*$totalPosts) + (0.0005*($potentialActivity - $totalPosts)))
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:22:51 PM

Dont forget about the trust ratings and the posts quality of the account, using only post count and activity will give result which is very far from being correct
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:27:43 PM

I created a formula myself and applied it @ http://bitcointalk.ninja/account_worth.php. But, it seems some people are disagreeing with the result. So, I'm publicly declaring the formula. If you have a better one, please come up with that...

$accountWorth = ((0.001*$totalPosts) + (0.0005*($potentialActivity - $totalPosts)))

Nice tool, but posted in the wrong section.
Like OP above said, the post quality dramatically affects the price.

An Sr. Member with high quality posts would sell for around 0.2 while a Sr. Member with low quality posts would only sell for 0.05.

RedPrince (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:29:51 PM

Dont forget about the trust ratings and the posts quality of the account, using only post count and activity will give result which is very far from being correct
I think...

1. Post quality can not be determined mathematically. It is a subjective concept. Word count may return totally wrong figure as many bots are now posting garbage and copy-pasting long post by other users.

2. Yes. Trust matters. But, only +ve & -ve. From the perspective of signature campaign, a +ve trust account is not much valuable than a neutral trust account, given all other parameters are same.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:33:08 PM

Posts should be used as a small factor in the "equation" if at all. You should use activity instead.
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:33:38 PM

I think...

1. Post quality can not be determined mathematically. It is a subjective concept. Word count may return totally wrong figure as many bots are now posting garbage and copy-pasting long post by other users.

2. Yes. Trust matters. But, only +ve & -ve. From the perspective of signature campaign, a +ve trust account is not much valuable than a neutral trust account, given all other parameters are same.

Yup post quality cannot be determined mathematically. Any algorithm that attempts to determine post quality would most likely be a very bad indicator. I mean like if you design an A.I and teach it good posts from bad posts, it MIGHT be able to distinguish with relative accuracy.

amalref

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:34:46 PM

Lol,my member account is worth 0.171 BTC  Shocked Nice tool LOL Cheesy
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:40:26 PM

I think...

A positive feedback from non default trust users isnt much valuable yes but what about positive feedback from default trust users? It should affect the price of the account IMO so if you can compute that too then it will give much better estimated price
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: