Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stamp is Leading BTC.....That means DUMPAGE!  (Read 3653 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:15:39 AM

Yep!

Just exited my leveraged long, and sold all my BTC on Kraken....when this happens on Stamp...

FUCKING RUN!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:17:37 AM

Yep!

Just exited my leveraged long, and sold all my BTC on Kraken....when this happens on Stamp...

FUCKING RUN!

Spreading all this doom and gloom the last few days and you were leveraged long?!?
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:20:45 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 07:33:28 AM by MatTheCat

Yep!

FUCKING RUN!

Spreading all this doom and gloom the last few days and you were leveraged long?!?

I stated my position on a MatTheCat 'reverse indicator' thread. But have now abandoned that trade idea and exited it at scratch.

Precisely how many BTC this Stamp whale has to dump is anyones guess...maybe he is done....or perhaps he is done for now, until the market recovers somewhat and more support builds.......either way....fuck dat shit.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:21:35 AM

Ah, the cockar0ach thread.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:45:20 AM

Sounds like you are running both shorts and longs at the same time. Must be very profitable for you.

Maybe you would be better of by stopping day trading, looks like it is too stressful for you.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:59:42 AM

Sounds like you are running both shorts and longs at the same time. Must be very profitable for you.

Maybe you would be better of by stopping day trading, looks like it is too stressful for you.

Nope...

Had 5 trades in past fortnight....win some, lose some, but overall I am in profit.

But I can't be in any trade at the moment......how many more BTC does this Stamp whale have to dump and how quickly is he looking to dump them? I would only be guessing the answer to the question, but the answer to that question will determine which way BTC is going to go. So in summation, NO TRADE....Exited current trade at scratch.

Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:32:02 AM

leading is available on kraken or stamp?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:34:59 AM

stamp was hacked, no one is trusting that shitty exchange anymore, i'm lucky i didn't send them my id

i would trust more chinese exchange at this point
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:49:23 AM

stamp was hacked, no one is trusting that shitty exchange anymore, i'm lucky i didn't send them my id

i would trust more chinese exchange at this point

When was it hacked though?

That market action on Stamp didn't seem like a hacker to me (why stop at dropping the mkt just $10?). It seemed like someone with a big bundle of BTC to be converted to USD, but who also didn't want to crash the market, hence the steady drip of 100 BTC bullets into Bid Wall, as opposed to simply dropping a 2K BTC sell all at once. Had he done that, then this would have panicked investors much more than what we have seen and we may have had a little landslide, which wouldn't be good for any whale looking to cash out BTC into USD.

Question is, is the whale done? Or is he waiting for support to build so he can convert his next 2K BTC tranch into USD at more or less the same price as he dumped the last lot?

Despite not having the trade volume of the margin exchanges, Stamp remains the most solid, and the most liquid USD Bitcoin exchange around. It is both the Cash-in, and the Cash-out exchange of choice. But in this era of the CNY driven pumpage of Bitcoin, we are seeing Stamp take the lead primarily during Cash Out stints......whether we are about to see another Stamp Bear Whale selling fest, I really have no idea, but even seeing small hints of a whale with a whole of BTC on Stamp, makes me very nervous.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:30:29 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/unconfirmed-report-5-million-bitstamp-bitcoin-exchange/

Stamp was hacked really bad: wallets compromised, servers compromised, users trust compromised. I really don't know how they got up again. After that I did not consider Stamp a good exchange. So whatever happens to it I don't care
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:57:42 AM

Stamp was hacked really bad: wallets compromised, servers compromised, users trust compromised. I really don't know how they got up again. After that I did not consider Stamp a good exchange. So whatever happens to it I don't care

Ok. So Bitstamp was hacked, and robbed. And their books may or may not be balanced today as a result.

However, that was then and his is now.

Earlier today, some way dumped around 2K BTC, by dropping little 100 BTC bundles in Ask Wall. This was not a hacker. This was somebody with BTC to sell on the main cash out exchange. The $64K question is, is that him done, or has he simply took the foot of the gas, in order not to tank the market and allow support to build?

Whatever the case is, the RISK IS ON, in trading BTC at the moment......so I am out.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:52:43 AM

Bitstamp wasn't hiding anything like other exchanges do when they are "hacked" and a lot coins are stolen. Bitstamp is very open and will pay all people back, if they haven't already. They have sufficient reserves and a good fee income to solve this.

OP; When do you plan to buy back?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:05:02 AM

Ok. So Bitstamp was hacked, and robbed. And their books may or may not be balanced today as a result.

Earlier today, some way dumped around 2K BTC, by dropping little 100 BTC bundles in Ask Wall. This was not a hacker. This was somebody with BTC to sell on the main cash out exchange. The $64K question is, is that him done, or has he simply took the foot of the gas, in order not to tank the market and allow support to build?

Whatever the case is, the RISK IS ON, in trading BTC at the moment......so I am out.

this is clearly a sign of price consolidation, it's better to not trade now, you will get few penny unless you do massive leverage, i would wait for the next move before doing anything

this remind me of the 250 mark, all over again, prepare to broke the 500 mark
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:46:12 AM

This reminds me of every post where its obvious the X is going to happen, but then suddenly the opposite happens.

I expect another spike up later today Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:42:33 PM

This reminds me of every post where its obvious the X is going to happen, but then suddenly the opposite happens.

I expect another spike up later today Wink

Perhaps.

But having seen what I just seen on Bitstamp, Bitcoin just seems a little too 'gamey' at the moment for my risk tolerance.

The West aint buying Bitcoin. China is buying Bitcoin, although how much they are actually buying is quite another matter, as the majority of the volume on these CNY exchanges is clearly and demonstrably, fabricated. Nothing more than HFT bots playing pass the parcel with 0% fees. So the market is up at the heights of a very large trading range, being pushed up by Chinese trading, which may or may not even be real, meanwhile, we have some Whale rock up to Stamp with a rather large quantity of Bitcoin to sell.......

.......I am swaying increasingly toward the notion that Bitcoin is being held/pushed up here, to be dumped into. If 'they' trigger another spike up, then 'woteva'. My congratulations go to all those who are long and take profits from it.

This market is just not be trusted at the moment. This won't be first time this week that the technicals were pointing at one likelihood, only for the complete opposite to happen.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:53:30 PM

Man, the risk is always out there. These are not regulated exchanges! they can do whatever they want with your money when you send some to them.
This is why I don't use them. I use Bitcoin where they value them for what they are.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 02:58:42 PM

Never heard about stamp. Is this a shorthand for the real name of the exchange?

Does not seem there is going to be a big dump either. Price is going a little bit down, but slowly, and hope it goes up again soon.

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:29:09 PM

Oh there will be a huge dump already.
If you just look at the thousands of coins being loaded into their enumerated deposit addresses you know this thing is about to go down...
Just a matter of when people will hit the sell button.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:49:34 PM

The risk of this kinds of dumps is always out, maybe even more when they have mot happened yet. After all, the seller now has 2k bitcoin less to get rid off..

I wouldn't worry too much, only about being 100% in fiat.. Better to spread it a bit more.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:22:23 PM

yes.   if matthecat is dumping that is a CLEAR BUY signal. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: