Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:08:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State of mining  (Read 3731 times)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:48:18 AM

Yup.  faucets are pretty much just a good introduction for people that aren't ready to jump on board the bitcoin bandwagon with their own hard earned cash at this point.

I also agree with @fr4nkthetank regarding the efficiency of the chips continuing to amaze however I do think the drastic gains in power efficiency are going to start slowing down pretty dramatically this year.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhiteLight64

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:44:00 PM

With free power, what would be the ROI on a 1TH/s miner? Thinking of an S7 for a pool.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:00:42 PM

With free power, what would be the ROI on a 1TH/s miner? Thinking of an S7 for a pool.

It's not one size fit's all on mining.  So many different things that effect this.

What machine are you looking at? (There are a ton of 1T's).  What price did you get it at?  What is your electricity?  Etc.  So  you need to tell a lot more info for us to be able to help.
WhiteLight64

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:05:48 AM

Free electricity. Antminer S7 running 24/7

I guess what I'm asking is how profitable a 1T is with free power.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:40:56 AM

Free electricity. Antminer S7 running 24/7

I guess what I'm asking is how profitable a 1T is with free power.

Depends on price you pay for the 1T as far as profit.   If your just wanting to see what it currently mines I like: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

With it you can do difficulty the ones like coinwars and such that dont have difficulty so they are really far off.  And we cannot guarantee future difficulty makes it speculation, but still hard to tell exact in a month or even month's.
WhiteLight64

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:12:34 AM

Very cool calculator. Played with it a bit, even with free electricity, seems like it would take over a year to break even with S7 efficiency + prices, default 20% diff, assuming everything stayed the same, which it wouldn't.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:05:54 AM

Very cool calculator. Played with it a bit, even with free electricity, seems like it would take over a year to break even with S7 efficiency + prices, default 20% diff, assuming everything stayed the same, which it wouldn't.

remember that 20%diff is a bit overkill to estimate, because the diff will not grow indefinitely, it will slow down at some point if the price remain there or if the efficiency do not come in
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:27:40 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 08:56:25 AM by Xialla

of course. mining is already out of scope of geeks..and it will never change, since bitcoin have at least some dollar value.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:09:27 PM

Well, I looked into mining when I first became interested. I was turned off the idea real fast. Too fast moving, too many sharp cookies.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:44:45 PM

remember that 20%diff is a bit overkill to estimate, because the diff will not grow indefinitely, it will slow down at some point if the price remain there or if the efficiency do not come in

I would agree it's slowing down some.  Price has risen a little but not to the level of how fast difficulty is.  I think it will slow down a little until more get next gen gear... then I predict fast paced again.

So really hard to tell long term, and there is ofcourse having eventually.
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:14:01 AM

I would agree it's slowing down some.  Price has risen a little but not to the level of how fast difficulty is.  I think it will slow down a little until more get next gen gear... then I predict fast paced again.

So really hard to tell long term, and there is ofcourse having eventually.

S7 and S5 prices continues to go down in hashnest market despite btc being on a low side as well. Current ROI is quite high but still people are selling their hashes trying to get out of cloud mining due to the difficulty increases.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: