Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:51:25 PM

No, I think, it isn't so powerful to destroy the banking system. Seems like nonsense Smiley
It can disappear back as you said. But in my opinion banks would allow bitcoin soon as possible because they are also looking for a great currency but might some restriction by Federal Reserve banks. But about product you said it should be like that if it is goes like that then more crowd means traffic will appear to bitcoin side. So Yes it can do better if there is option like that in future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:13:23 PM

well it might happen after a long long time, maybe if that happens they will just became a bitcoin trading center.
yes that is a fact that it is not so easy that bitcoin will make banks disappear.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:16:44 PM

I do not believe banks will disappear, actually. If anything what will happen is banks as we know them today will become "Bitcoin banks", where individuals can store their Bitcoins to keep them safe from getting stolen/hacked.

In fact, there are already Bitcoin banks in existence. I just read about one opening in Israel.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:40:30 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 08:22:29 PM by bitbob82

I do not believe banks will disappear, actually. If anything what will happen is banks as we know them today will become "Bitcoin banks", where individuals can store their Bitcoins to keep them safe from getting stolen/hacked.

In fact, there are already Bitcoin banks in existence. I just read about one opening in Israel.
i think it is still very early to say that bitcoin will replace banks.or will disappear it. i think still bitcoin community is very low and i do not think that bitcoin is providing us such facilites through which we can use bitcoin for everything and we will never feel the need to use banks i think banks will continue for a long time.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:06:43 AM

it is possible that bitcoin can make banks disappear, since it is not regulated by banks, it can replace banks, but i think both bitcoin and banks need to co exist, since that value of bitcoin is echangeable to fiat, and people with a lot of cryptocurrencies would also like to have thdir money secured, one which is you can exchange it and deposit through banks
Armstand

Activity: 626

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:08:24 AM

There's no chance in disappearing of banks, they can get many issues or lose some customers. But still many organizations and businesses that are putting their money on it , it will be hard for some to not put it on a real facility.
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:24:26 AM

It is only the perception of some people, in fact the local bank its use evenly from the society up to the community down. So it would be difficult for bitcoin to get rid of local banks. Maybe if it works together can.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:41:51 AM

it is possible that bitcoin can make banks disappear, since it is not regulated by banks, it can replace banks, but i think both bitcoin and banks need to co exist, since that value of bitcoin is echangeable to fiat, and people with a lot of cryptocurrencies would also like to have thdir money secured, one which is you can exchange it and deposit through banks
I think it is not possible. There is no such reason in this world that the bitcoin will make the bank disappear. It can't be and it is impossible that the bank will disappear because of the bitcoin. The bitcoin doesn't have enough power to make the bank disappear.
Erickvand

Activity: 532
Merit: 272

Mycryptobank.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 01:42:07 AM

It could see the community and bitcoin users from year to year continue to increase, because of the simplicity to the sophistication offered bitcoin. This will certainly affect the use of the bank, but I think it will take a long time.

▄████▀
████▄               ▄████       ▗▟██████████████▄    ▐██████████████████▙▖
██████▖           ▗██████     ▗▟██████████████████▄  ▐████████████████████▌
███████▙         ▟███████    ▄█████          ▀████▀  ▐████            ▀████
█████████▖     ▗█████████   ▐████▀             ▀▀    ▐████            ▄███▌
█████▀████▙   ▟████▀█████   ████▌                    ▐███████████████████▌
█████ ▝█████▄█████▘ █████  ▐████                     ▐████████████████████▙▖
█████   ▜███████▛   █████   ████▌                    ▐████            ▀█████▖
█████    ▝█████▘    █████   ▐████▄            ▄██▄   ▐████             ▐█████
█████      ▀█▀      █████    ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████  ▐████            ▄█████▌
█████               █████     ▝██████████████████▀   ▐█████████████████████▛
█████               █████     ▄████████████████▀     ▐███████████████████▛▘
                             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
MyCryptoBank
CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY
Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WHITEPAPER ──────────────────────────
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 04:17:01 AM

Regarding the relationship between banks and crypto currency, in particular bitcoin, the widespread use of crypto currency can not lead to the destruction of banks. Crypto currency will take a certain number of customers into banks, however they will be in demand and will continue to work, especially in those areas where the crypto currency will not find wide application. Banks and the digital currency will be forced to interact on mutually beneficial terms. Thus, banks have already begun to buy and sell the Crypto-currency for certain commission fees. I believe that this activity of banks will well affect the spread of the crypto currency.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:54:16 AM

It could see the community and bitcoin users from year to year continue to increase, because of the simplicity to the sophistication offered bitcoin. This will certainly affect the use of the bank, but I think it will take a long time.

I think so .It will happen ,but require some more time to happen. Since many use bitcoin for their transaction, their is the possible for that.For that to happen, bitcoin have to replace dollar first.Then the entire currency system and then the bank process. Finally the entire bank work such as deposit, withdraw ,loan and so on.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
albertvert

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:08:44 AM

I think so .It will happen ,but require some more time to happen. Since many use bitcoin for their transaction, their is the possible for that.For that to happen, bitcoin have to replace dollar first.Then the entire currency system and then the bank process. Finally the entire bank work such as deposit, withdraw ,loan and so on.

Ya you are correct. Many frankly say it will replace or it will not replace. But upto me it has lot of process for that to happen. It take 5-10 years to .Because replacing a bank is not a very easy process.
As you said bitcoin must replace dollar, which is used in many countries and then the entire paper currency atlast only the entire bank process.
Mattvg7

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:15:46 AM

It won't happen, there will be institutions like banks around in the near and the far future. There probably will be co-existence and its, imo, highly likely banks will adopt some form of crypto-currency in the very near future albeit I highly doubt it's going to be BTC due to its decentralised nature and the fact that its use case specifically intended to cut the middle man, ie, banks and other institutions, out.

You have to keep in mind that none of the crypto-currencies, as far as I'm aware, have any significantly sized lobby group that wields influence in any sovereign nation. If banks tomorrow decide that crypto's are a real threat, how long do you think it would take for governments to adopt rulings and laws that will heavily tax or outright ban crypto-currencies?
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:23:59 AM

It is only the perception of some people, in fact the local bank its use evenly from the society up to the community down. So it would be difficult for bitcoin to get rid of local banks. Maybe if it works together can.

Possible in the near future bitcoin and banks can work out together. And there's no way that banks will be ever replaced by bitcoin, it's being backed up by the government. But people will think that there's no need for them to use banks are bitcoin wallets are going to be a self owned bank already.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
luluvic

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:56:13 PM

I think banks won't disappear. people usually know about bank more than Bitcoin. And Bitcoin isn't accepted as offical money
liliiaolivia2017

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:08:42 PM

I'm sure many bank owners see Bitcoin as their main competitor, which can make them disappear. Moreover, every day new crypto-currencies come to the market, more sophisticated and unique and profitable for investors, one of the last - a recoin - the only Crypto currency in the current market that is supported by real estate in the US, Canada, Switzerland and Japan, and not many cryptographic stores can Boast: full compliance with US law and Guaranteed buyback RECoin at 70% of its current market, if something goes to waste. Well, as it will be seen in practice in August..
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:28:14 PM

I'm sure although bitcoin is very popular but it will not make the bank disappear, for example is when the presence of paypal a few years ago, many people think that the bank will disappear because of paypal, the fact is not.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 04:35:41 PM

It depends on how you define bank. Coz right now we are the bank because of the concept of decentralization. If bank will disappear then you mean to say we will disappear too?

Bank will just evolve just like us we the users of bitcoin is the bank. We keep our own money using our wallet and we can transact anytime we want 24/7. No holidays, no waiting time, no more paperwork, etc.

Let me know if im wrong.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6294

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:32:26 PM

I'm sure although bitcoin is very popular but it will not make the bank disappear, for example is when the presence of paypal a few years ago, many people think that the bank will disappear because of paypal, the fact is not.

Paypal was and is a payment gateway.
Bitcoin is somewhat of a payment gateway and a currency.

None of those two models are any kind of threat to what banks are.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:35:58 PM

Paypal was and is a payment gateway.
Bitcoin is somewhat of a payment gateway and a currency.

None of those two models are any kind of threat to what banks are.

yes you are right that these both are not any threat to banks but as these both things are a system which is also done via banks and as bitcoin and paypal are doing it better than banks so people will do that service via bitcoin or paypal and that part of the banks will be replaced from the bank by bitcoin etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: