Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The War on Cash is Real  (Read 900 times)
Chronikka (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:12:23 PM

The US is now blowing up cash reserves Grin

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/11/politics/us-bombs-millions-isis-currency-supply/index.html

On a serious note how do you guys feel about organisations like ISIS turning to Bitcoin because of things like this? Personally it makes me a little sick but I understand that what Bitcoin provides for all of us makes this sort of thing possible. A necessary evil I suppose.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Pkzone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:44:11 PM

Yes, possible.
They can make their own ISISCoin too. Cheesy

salinizm

Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:53:44 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/11/politics/us-bombs-millions-isis-currency-supply/index.html

On a serious note how do you guys feel about organisations like ISIS turning to Bitcoin because of things like this? Personally it makes me a little sick but I understand that what Bitcoin provides for all of us makes this sort of thing possible. A necessary evil I suppose.

in the near future, there will be no cash so everybody needs bitcoin accounts..

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Chronikka (OP)

Merit: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:11:05 PM

in the near future, there will be no cash so everybody needs bitcoin accounts..

I suppose but I'm talking about right now. I don't think its unreasonable a day after having a pile of cash blown up, for ISIS to be looking at alternative ways to store and transfer money.

I just wonder how everybody else feels if we know that this sort of activity was occurring today on the Bitcoin network. Does it affect your outlook on Bitcoin at all going forward? Believe me if you think regulation sucks now wait and see what happens if regulators believe Bitcoin is significantly aiding terrorism...

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:10:53 PM

I am sad because the U.S. government believes it is OK to kill 50 innocent bystanders.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:54:33 PM

My memory's not very good, but I'm sure it's been done before. This is normal warfare, like everything which can trouble, hurt or disrupt the enemy. I guess IS could pay its soldiers with gold since it has seized quite a lot of metal in Mosul, but it's most likely they will be paid with kidnapped women.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:03:17 AM

It would have been better if the US gov hadn't given them the cash in the first place. Smiley

I thought it was the Russians that were attacking the ISIS oil supply lines.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:42:46 PM

Forget ISIS and the Hammond Ranch, This Is the Number One Threat to Your Survival

What Does a Currency Collapse Look Like?

It can accurately be stated that a lot has been written and rehearsed by the federal government on the topic of the effects of a currency collapse and its subsequent impact on society. NORTHCOM, DHS and FEMA as well as other federal entities have practiced for this eventuality. In each and every training scenario, the facts remain the same, human beings and society follows a very predictable pattern of decline when the currency of the day collapses. And normally, the currency collapse comes without any warning to the general public.

When George Soros pulled his money from the S&P 500 and from Bank of America, Citibank and JP Morgan, all Americans should have sat up and taken notice. Generally, when the currency collapses, a stock market crash is right on its heels. An economic Armageddon a near impossibility just as it did during the 1929 crash.

In a currency collapse, your life savings will be wiped out.
From this point on, the effect cascades like a roaring
tsunami racing across the open ocean.

Read more at http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2016/01/07/forget-isis-and-the-hammond-ranch-this-is-the-number-one-threat-to-your-survival/.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:24:17 PM

The International War on Cash By Jeff Thomas (Doug Casey's International Man)

Along the way, it occurred to me that, at some point, governments might collectively attempt to eliminate paper currency in favour of an electronic currency – transferred from party to party solely through licensed banks. Sound farfetched? Well, maybe, but what if the U.S. and EU agreed on an overall plan, then suggested it to other governments? On the face of it, this smacks of conspiracy theory, yet certainly, all governments would benefit from this control and would be likely to get on board. In fact, it might prove to be the only way out of their present economic problems.

So, how would it play out? Here's roughly how I saw Phase I:

Link the free movement of cash to terrorism (Create a consciousness that any movement of large sums suggests criminal activity.);

Establish upper limits on the amount of money that can be moved without reporting to some government investigatory agency;

Periodically lower those limits;

Accustom people to making all purchases, however small or large, through a bank card;

Create a consciousness that the mere possession of cash is suspect, since it's no longer "necessary".

When I first wrote on the subject, there was considerable criticism as to the possibility that such a programme would ever be attempted, let alone succeed. And, granted, it was so Orwellian that it was understandably seen as a crackpot idea. But since that time, the programme has been developing extremely rapidly. In the last six months alone, it has become so visible that it has even garnered a name – "the War on Cash".

References in the media have been made that terrorist groups fund their attacks with cash. Dozens of countries have placed limits on the maximum amount of money that can be moved without reporting. Some, notably France, have already begun lowering their limits. Banks in some countries, notably Sweden, are already treating all cash transactions as suspicious. The previously theoretical Phase I is now well under way.

This issue has expanded more quickly than I'd anticipated. Clearly, the governments that are forcing it into being are running out of time. There can only be one reason why they'd rush a programme that normally would be given more time for people to accept, and that's that they see a crash coming before they can get Phase II of the programme underway.

Read more at https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/01/jeff-thomas/international-war-cash/.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Dick Trump

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:30:39 AM

Counterfeiting cash is a huge problem right now.
Daniel_Th

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:38:00 AM

The US is simply trying to choke ISIS and destroy all funding sources.

In terms of ISIS and other terrorists using bitcoin, it is unusual but there is not much you can do. Criminals always find a wait to get around the system and i think it is best to have the mindset that these things happen, but all we can do is try and minimize activity like this, but it will always be there one way or another.
4by2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:36:29 AM

The thing is this isn't a specific instance of people actively working to destroy the use of cash in modern society, this is basically normal warfare. They get to damage ISIS' supplies which in turn makes it harder for ISIS to fund their soldiers and war machine, which makes it easier for the coalition forces in a number of ways. This happens in every other war, from the American civil war to the Iraq War.

If this was something happening in the western world then I would be more inclined to believe it was a war on cash, but right now I can't agree.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:32:36 AM

The thing is this isn't a specific instance of people actively working to destroy the use of cash in modern society, this is basically normal warfare. They get to damage ISIS' supplies which in turn makes it harder for ISIS to fund their soldiers and war machine, which makes it easier for the coalition forces in a number of ways. This happens in every other war, from the American civil war to the Iraq War.

If this was something happening in the western world then I would be more inclined to believe it was a war on cash, but right now I can't agree.

Yes, it is just normal warfare.
They hit the oil trucks, cash hoardings, etc.
Anything which disrupts ISIS' routine functioning is a fair target.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:17:10 AM

ISIScoin - oh man - you made my day - I'm still laughing every time I tell one of my friends about it. Smiley

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:45:06 AM

ISIScoin - oh man - you made my day - I'm still laughing every time I tell one of my friends about it. Smiley

If they have their own currency, it will find a lot of takers.
There are enough fanatics out there in the muslim world.
Pkzone

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:44:51 AM

If they have their own currency, it will find a lot of takers.
There are enough fanatics out there in the muslim world.
Hmm probably, FBI will start raiding ISISCoin full nodes  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: