Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin’s Competitiveness In Kenya [an exposé]  (Read 399 times)
pollen_bit (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:08:25 PM

Bitcoin’s Competitiveness In Kenya [an exposé]

tl;dr
Mobile money transformed Kenya. Rural Kenyans prefer to pay more, but have Mpesa’s convenience (Mobile Money competitors are cheaper). Fees could reduce drastically, if Bitcoin is used. Safaricom sees Bitcoin as competition, but competition is good for the poor end user. Western news about Kenya can be misleading. Foreigners starting a business in East Africa tend to have a better chance of success if their model is not solely based on the local market.

http://www.coinscrum.com/2016/01/12/bitcoin-competitiveness-in-kenya/

IamSatoshi is a project to explore ฿itcoin. https://www.onename.io/iamsatoshi
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:12:34 PM

In Kenya I think electricity is the first problem, if you have electricity you can have computer  Wink
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:15:37 PM

In Kenya I think electricity is the first problem, if you have electricity you can have computer  Wink

There is technology already to run a node in an old first generation phone, as long as it has SMS capability it's good to go, and a battery for such a phone is easily charged thanks to the sun, and there's plenty of sun in Kenya all year long. So suddenly a single SMS phone is an entire bank for a village, and it has only begun. This is why BItcoin will change the world.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:17:50 PM

In here in developing countries of asia also bitcoin payment can be good option to get payment from international merchant without getting any restriction by payment processors like paypal, which is currently bigger problem.

Regarding electricity problem it is also common in here, but integrating sms to make bitcoin transaction will be good solution.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:45:42 AM

In Kenya I think electricity is the first problem, if you have electricity you can have computer  Wink

Really ? that is really hilarious man. I think in my country electricity is really cheap then, though till now I used to think that in my country the electricity bills are just too much. Now I am feeling satisfied.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: