Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran holds two US Navy boats in Persian Gulf  (Read 1642 times)
a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:29:20 PM

US military officials say they briefly lost contact with two small Navy craft in the Persian Gulf

Iranian forces seized two US vessels crossing the Persian Gulf it has been claimed, later reassuring American officials that the craft and their crews would be returned unharmed.
The Pentagon has said it briefly lost contact with two small Navy craft in the Persian Gulf on Tuesday but has received assurances from Iran that the crew and vessels will be returned safely and promptly.
Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook tells The Associated Press that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when the US lost contact with them.
Cook says, "We have been in contact with Iran and have received assurances that the crew and the vessels will be returned promptly."
A Pentagon spokesman said that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when US lost contact with them. Fox News claimed that they strayed into Iranian waters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/12096275/Iran-holds-two-US-Navy-boats-in-Persian-Gulf.html
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:58:33 PM

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:20:25 PM

Top Dem: Iran's naval seizure 'endangers' nuclear deal

“I think it endangers everything, I really do,” Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., the panel’s ranking member, told the Washington Examiner.

“I’m outraged, and Iran needs to release these people as soon as possible or else it would be unthinkable or impossible to make further progress with them on anything as far as I am concerned,” he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2580269/

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:21:55 PM

this is a really really bad news, I  hope this resolve quickly!
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:35:59 PM

At least it will be resolved in the US media quickly, so not to embarrass 0bama tonight during his live lying show...

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:49:58 AM

At least it will be resolved in the US media quickly, so not to embarrass 0bama tonight during his live lying show...

Your post made me laugh because it is so very accurate and exactly what Barry does best.

zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:50:43 AM

It still does not explain why they were inside Iran's territory. If one of the were still working, they would know where they really are! They could stay in free way waters or head towards other side of the Persian gulf!!
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:50:51 AM

Top Dem: Iran's naval seizure 'endangers' nuclear deal

“I think it endangers everything, I really do,” Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., the panel’s ranking member, told the Washington Examiner.

“I’m outraged, and Iran needs to release these people as soon as possible or else it would be unthinkable or impossible to make further progress with them on anything as far as I am concerned,” he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2580269/

Don't they have the right to seize them if the boats entered iranian waters illegally? And near an iranian military base apparently. That being the case don't see how the nuclear deal is affected. Provided the sailors are returned without problems. Looks more like people who don't like the nuclear deal are using anything as an excuse against it.
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:15:43 AM

They´ll return them. They seem to to have drifted into Iran´s territory. It´s standard procedure to detain them there and check what they were doing. No big thing.

In the Iranians shoes I´d keep the boats. Free is always good´especially when it´s delivered on a silver plate.  Grin

galdur

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:22:34 AM

Or maybe I´d say

OK, here´s your sailors. I need to keep the boats for a while for investigation. You´ll probably receive the hulls in 2-3 weeks, the rest in boxes later.

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:18:17 PM

Two boats developed mechanical difficulties at the same time? One could not tow the other? And they both ran aground on an Iranian island? At 2am in the morning?

galdur

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:41:58 PM

Two boats developed mechanical difficulties at the same time? One could not tow the other? And they both ran aground on an Iranian island? At 2am in the morning?

Yeah, yeah It´s 5,000,000 to one but that doesn´t mean that it couldn´t happen. But let´s not focus on that. The main thing is the Iranian aggression and how they´re holding those poor sailors hostage.

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:51:29 PM

Iran Releases U.S. Sailors Accused of ‘Trespassing’

TEHRAN — Iran has released two United States Navy patrol boats and 10 crew members who were described as “trespassing” in Iranian waters near a major naval base, state news media reported on Wednesday.

The Pentagon and the State Department said that one of the boats had experienced mechanical problems en route to Bahrain from Kuwait on a routine mission on Tuesday, and the Iranians appeared to have accepted that explanation.

The release was announced shortly before 10 a.m. on an Iranian state-run news channel, IRINN. “The detained U.S. Marines, after it was realized that their entry into Iran’s territorial waters was unintentional, and after the Marines apologized, were released into international waters in the Persian Gulf,” the channel reported, attributing the statement to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

The United States Naval Forces Central Command in Bahrain confirmed the release, saying in a statement that there were “no indications that the sailors were harmed during their brief detention” and that the Navy would “investigate the circumstances that led to the sailors’ presence in Iran.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/world/middleeast/iran-navy-crew-release.html?ref=world

a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:53:33 PM

So the problem was solved ?

I thought when i read the this news yesterday that there is a war will start to liberate the 2 ships Cheesy Fortunately they release them peacefully 
technology2015

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:34:33 PM

i think the big war is coming ..
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:39:06 PM

US military officials say they briefly lost contact with two small Navy craft in the Persian Gulf

Iranian forces seized two US vessels crossing the Persian Gulf it has been claimed, later reassuring American officials that the craft and their crews would be returned unharmed.
The Pentagon has said it briefly lost contact with two small Navy craft in the Persian Gulf on Tuesday but has received assurances from Iran that the crew and vessels will be returned safely and promptly.
Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook tells The Associated Press that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when the US lost contact with them.
Cook says, "We have been in contact with Iran and have received assurances that the crew and the vessels will be returned promptly."
A Pentagon spokesman said that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when US lost contact with them. Fox News claimed that they strayed into Iranian waters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/12096275/Iran-holds-two-US-Navy-boats-in-Persian-Gulf.html

this is the exact motive for a war.. but us forces is not courageous to start this war..

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
galdur

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:49:59 PM

Tempest in a teacup called off.

moonshine1212

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:22:18 PM

Iran trust to Russia and they are playing same game because of Iran can hold US boats
galdur

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:36:50 PM

This picture was taken five  hours into a nine-hour showing of a compilation of Ajatollah Khomeini´s speeches.

Daniel_Th

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:45:52 AM

Iran is a joke.

They try and act like they are important, but the reality is that they are pretty weak. They simply try and do these sorts of things every once in a while so the world at least remembers them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: