Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran holds two US Navy boats in Persian Gulf  (Read 1642 times)
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:04:51 AM

Iran is a joke.

They try and act like they are important, but the reality is that they are pretty weak. They simply try and do these sorts of things every once in a while so the world at least remembers them.

Maybe. But they are important enough for the constant propaganda against them in the west. And not weak enough that the west wants to risk attacking directly and deal with the consequences. Not sane people anyway. Mostly just some idiots in washington and riyadh.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:16:09 AM

Did you notice how garbage media right away called them sailors? This is an example of how they make some things appear innocent and others guilty. Minimizing vs. maximizing. They don´t look like sailors to me. These are soldiers, marines.

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:02:19 AM

Obama not mentioning the sailors being held in Iran was wise, This is an unfolding story, and we dont know what is happening behind the scenes. I believe they will be free by Thursday, or they may be free now.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:49:09 AM

Did you notice how garbage media right away called them sailors? This is an example of how they make some things appear innocent and others guilty. Minimizing vs. maximizing. They don´t look like sailors to me. These are soldiers, marines.

Yes. And one of the roles of those boats can be for transporting amphibious infantry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB90-class_fast_assault_craft and interesting that they left the island where they were kept in the same boats. Must not have been a serious mechanical problem after all.

Obama not mentioning the sailors being held in Iran was wise, This is an unfolding story, and we dont know what is happening behind the scenes. I believe they will be free by Thursday, or they may be free now.

They were released wednesday morning. So released less than a day later or something: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-continues-to-hold-10-u-s-sailors cbsnews hasn't updated the link to the story apparently.

mu77aL

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 03:59:24 AM

Still asking why thoose us navys are outta there Wink
Maybe supporting thoose goat lovers?  Roll Eyes
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:16:49 AM

Assuming the Navy are just along the international waters, there should have no problems with Iranians regardless of what their purpose of taking its path.
They still have good communications though but doing it to the Chinese vessel could mean war.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
galdur

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:18:49 AM

These patrol boats are pretty well equipped with three 50 caliber machine guns and other light and semi-heavy weapons. Yeah, I guess that if I needed to detain heavily armed soldiers I´d probably make sure that they had their hands where I could see them, like behind their heads. Soldiers, not least marines, are extremely dangerous people, they´re trained to be extremely dangerous. So you take precautions. Not because you expect something unpleasant to happen, it´s just that you make sure that nothing happens at all that they need their hands for. Why that insane McCain and other political fruitcakes are whining on about such a normal procedure is beyond me. They have no respect for soldiers. To them it´s just tools.

galdur

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:50:25 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 09:26:36 AM by galdur

And then some retarded expert told garbage media that the Geneva Convention had been broken. Right. Those rules only apply during active military conflict between nations. When you have weirdos in the United States (some of them trying to become the commander in chief of the armed forces) losing their minds and talking crazy end spewing bullshit, of course you send out pictures of those poor sailors in troubled waters and their arsenal. See how harmless they look?  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCY_qp7kKc

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:06:50 PM

Iran’s Swift Release of U.S. Sailors Hailed as a Sign of Warmer Relations

WASHINGTON — A crisis over the seizing of two American patrol boats in the Persian Gulf was averted Wednesday when Iran returned the craft and released their crews as Pentagon officials struggled to explain how the boats had ended up near a major Iranian naval base.

Their quick release was hailed by the Obama administration as an unintended benefit of the new diplomatic relationship with Iran established by the nuclear accord negotiated between Tehran and the United States and five other nations in July. The accord is expected to go into effect next week, ending the oil and financial sanctions imposed on Iran over the past decade, and giving it access to around $100 billion in frozen funds.

Thanking the Iranians for their cooperation, Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday that “we can all imagine how a similar situation might have played out three or four years ago.”

Mr. Kerry negotiated the release in at least five phone calls with Mohammad Javad Zarif, the Iranian foreign minister. Senior American officials described the American-educated Mr. Zarif as clearly worried that the episode could sink the nuclear accord on which he and President Hassan Rouhani have staked their legacies.

Mr. Kerry, one of his top aides said, in essence told Mr. Zarif at one point that “if we are able to do this in the right way, we can make this into what will be a good story for both of us.”

But it is still not clear how much influence Mr. Zarif had over the events: The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps has been engaged in an open power struggle with Mr. Rouhani’s government. It is still not clear who decided to release the sailors.

Even as Mr. Kerry was describing the release on Wednesday morning, American military officials were offering new explanations about how the two 49-foot patrol boats, formally called riverine command boats, had ended up in Iranian territorial waters while cruising from Kuwait to Bahrain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/world/middleeast/iran-navy-crew-release.html?ref=world&_r=0

galdur

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:37:06 PM

...were offering new explanations... Interesting. The story is changing. That´s not good but of course to be expected out of Washington DC. I wonder if a little waterboarding could help. No, not those marines, they´ve given the correct story no doubt, it´s the people that are struggling to cook up the convenient story from the evidence that I think need some enhanced interrogation.

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:00:32 AM

Negative. The Navy's Riverine Squadrons are part of the Expeditionary Warfare Community. These are sailors.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:36:08 AM

It's embarrassing seeing the greatest military on earth, on their knees with hands behind heads. 

I watch American movies and their soldiers are invincible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3397254/Pictured-Ten-U-S-sailors-captured-Iran-Revolutionary-Guard-RELEASES-snooping-row-naval-incursion.html

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: