Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Use bitcoin to buy powerball tickets & join the pool!  (Read 687 times)
Xboxthreefixme (OP)

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

The one true king.

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:56:41 PM

What we do?

We give you the opportunity to up your chances of winning the almighty Powerball!

By joining our lotto group buys , you get the opportunity to get your limited amount of purchased tickets/numbers into a giant pool of tickets/numbers thus giving you a greater chance to win a prize!

You can choose to purchase 10$ / 20$ / 40$ / 65$ / 100$ / 250$ / 500$ worth of powerball tickets in bitcoin.  We will then add your numbers to the pool. We will purchase the lottery tickets on January 13th 2016 at 8pm EST giving everyone plenty of time to purchase tickets.

To Join The Pool:

Send your ticket purchase amount worth of bitcoin to 1HdZrCH59sdsNtsnYkvvjiePN1vKf93HZn
    Then email us at Contact@buybitcoinlotto.club with your name, payment Txid and your bitcoin address (to pay you the winnings)

(go to http://preev.com/ to see what $ is in bitcoin is currently)

This is how your $ will be used:

We will purchase sets of numbers and we will get the “power play” so all smaller prizes will be multiplied. We take 1$ per 10$ worth of tickets purchased.

Lottery pool agreement:

All winnings (including the jackpot) will be split evenly among all the pool entrants. In the case the we do hit the jackpot, we will claim the prize as a “lump sum” (currently $868 Million dollars) and all winnings will be split evenly to all entrants. All winnings will be converted into bitcoin and sent evenly to all entrants.

BuyBitcoinLotto.club

The one true king. 16wXmFwun1oQfvbgnQn19vQC6QEwKAFMr2
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:17:52 PM

You realize Powerball tickets are $2 each. How could you buy a $65 package?

Also, are you going to post proof of the bought tickets? Doesn't really make sense to me why someone would trust a random stranger not only to purchase the lottery tickets but to split the money on the one in billion chance he actually has the winning ticket.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:32:06 PM

Also, are you going to post proof of the bought tickets? Doesn't really make sense to me why someone would trust a random stranger not only to purchase the lottery tickets but to split the money on the one in billion chance he actually has the winning ticket.

In addition, how would the taxes be paid?
You will pay the government the taxes on the $800 million,
then buy $480 million in bitcoin, then pay and send equally to all the participants?

I'm sure that if we don't know who you are, the participants won't see a cent of it.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Xboxthreefixme (OP)

The one true king.

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:45:03 AM

then buy $480 million in bitcoin, then pay and send equally to all the participants?

I'm sure that if we don't know who you are, the participants won't see a cent of it.

Yes as the site says all tickets purchased will be scanned & put on the site.

Correct, taxes would be paid then money split accordingly.

We made this so that we could go at this powerball as a group. Nothing more nothing less.

fuathan

Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:46:56 AM

Why are you spending your precious btc to this impossible game?

The possibility for winning powerball is lower than "btc will be 1billion$" argument. Cheesy
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:11:25 AM

The possibility for winning powerball is lower than "btc will be 1billion$" argument. Cheesy
If enough people play and he is able to buy 292,201,338 tickets and each one has a different combination of numbers, then he would have bought every single possible ticket which guarantees that the jackpot will be won by him. Of course this also requires that enough people buy in so that $584,402,676 has been spent. With the current prize, everyone would still be making a profit.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:28:45 AM

Why not spend the money you would put into powerball into Bitcoin?  I read an article about the mentality of the wealthy and they do not play the lottery nor put a lot of stake into higher education. Too many articles out now about powerball being rigged.

I love Bitcoin
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:37:44 AM

I want to believe this is a real thing, but to be completely honest, I feel like human greed is going to get in the way and I don't think that we'll actually see a payout. If there was some form of escrow provided, alongside more proof of the tickets actually being there, I would be far more inclined to participate.

Now I also don't want people thinking I'm saying that OP is lying, in fact he is probably running a very legitimate and real system. It's just there isn't enough here for me personally right now. I will be 100% fine with recanting this post if the proof can be published.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:39:53 AM

Yes as the site says all tickets purchased will be scanned & put on the site.

Correct, taxes would be paid then money split accordingly.

We made this so that we could go at this powerball as a group. Nothing more nothing less.

The thing about this though... and the reason that you probably won't be getting any participants in this (or at least I would hope not), is because you have to trust a third party to collect the money and then send that money to you.  You can't be serious in thinking that we should essentially trust you to cash out the winning ticket (if by a miracle you do win) and then send the split jackpot to us.  How are you going to transfer our cut of the funds then?  Bank transfer?  Bitcoin? Meet in person?

I don't think you realize that people who are on here are probably good enough financially to spend $10 or so on their own ticket at their local grocery store/gas station.  To trust someone with ~$400 million (which would be the persons cut in this situation) is ridiculous.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:43:03 AM

I want to believe this is a real thing, but to be completely honest, I feel like human greed is going to get in the way and I don't think that we'll actually see a payout. If there was some form of escrow provided, alongside more proof of the tickets actually being there, I would be far more inclined to participate.

Now I also don't want people thinking I'm saying that OP is lying, in fact he is probably running a very legitimate and real system. It's just there isn't enough here for me personally right now. I will be 100% fine with recanting this post if the proof can be published.

Yeah, I'm not saying that OP is a scammer either... but I'm saying with that much ungodly wealth going to one person, greed is going to kick in regardless of who that person is...

Even with the most trust worthy escrow on the forum, I'm sure there could be a price tag to buy out the escrow to just "forget" about the situation after the unlikely scenario that he had the winning ticket. 

I like the idea playing the lottery using bitcoins, but trusting a third party with that much money is not something that I, nor do I think anyone else, is willing to do.

fuathan

Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:47:29 AM

If enough people play and he is able to buy 292,201,338 tickets and each one has a different combination of numbers, then he would have bought every single possible ticket which guarantees that the jackpot will be won by him. Of course this also requires that enough people buy in so that $584,402,676 has been spent. With the current prize, everyone would still be making a profit.

Every this kind of game the amount of your spend is should be bigger than price. Otherwise it won't be winning game. Cheesy

If you buy every possible tickets than some tickets are same with other people's ticket. Cheesy And you need to share your price with someone you don't know. Cheesy
gallantaves

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:48:47 AM

This looks kinda fun but without any escrow or third party that will manage the winning
this is also gonna be a very good way to steal a lot of money
Xboxthreefixme (OP)

The one true king.

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:51:00 AM

Yeah, I'm not saying that OP is a scammer either... but I'm saying with that much ungodly wealth going to one person, greed is going to kick in regardless of who that person is...

Even with the most trust worthy escrow on the forum, I'm sure there could be a price tag to buy out the escrow to just "forget" about the situation after the unlikely scenario that he had the winning ticket. 

I like the idea playing the lottery using bitcoins, but trusting a third party with that much money is not something that I, nor do I think anyone else, is willing to do.

We definitely don't want to scam anyone , we just figured that we see a ton of people joining up in groups to buy tickets locally so we thought if we could do this online ( to maximize our pool size ) & with bitcoin it could be a win win.

Also , we've been on these forums for awhile we publicly advertise our services for our main business - FlatRateArtist.com

Thank you all for the input! & whether or not you purchase tickets in our pool we hope the best for everyone, be conscious with the money.

iefken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:32:59 PM

still open??
Xboxthreefixme (OP)

The one true king.

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:03:21 PM

still open??
Yup

Xboxthreefixme (OP)

The one true king.

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:00:21 PM

We will be turning this site into a full time weekly pool for people that want to maximize their chances of winning a lotto prize.

1 day a week (  Depending on the games whether its a weekday or weekend)

All lottery games will be played - people can choose which game to play

- Lotto with Xtra
- Powerball
- Mega Millions
- Fantasy 5

Any suggestions please let us know by here or email on the site.

Thank you

http://www.buybitcoinlotto.club

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: