Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:19:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some good concerns against bitcoin  (Read 1168 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:19:14 PM

7. A competing protocol could overtake it.
I must admit that I don't really understand Ethereum but it gives me the impression that it's extremely ambitious and doesn't pose a threat only to bitcoin but to a whole part of the internet. Now what does it actually do that bitcoin doesn't? What would be the pros and cons of using ether against bitcoin? Because now, as was said before, bitcoin has a huge advantage, which is that it was by far first on the market, so ether will have to be really good, if it is to take bitcoin down. Is it that good, now?
Whatever it does, Bitcoin can be upgraded to be do it too. This is why people should not be worrying about competing protocols but rather welcome them. Their features can always be implemented in Bitcoin if they seem decent enough.

basically those protocols maybe be seen as an altcoin right now, just good tests to be implemented in bitcoin, like some good altcoin as monero and other

and bitcoin is still in beta...so it does not make sense to think that it can be surpassed, when bitcoin itself is not even finished
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: