Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & Paypal  (Read 1193 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:54:33 AM

What are the clever ways to exchange Bitcoin and Paypal? How we can make this exchange possible and regulated?
Is there any user friendly platform where we can exchange Paypal and Bitcoin!
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1606

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 12:10:53 PM

There are few businesses that offer BTC-Paypal convertion.

The only one I used is coinimal, an Austrian company. You can buy or sell bitcoins, PayPal is one of many options.

I wouldn't recommend selling BTC for Paypal if you need to convert to local currency. In my case, I sold BTC for Euro and then got riped off by PayPal on converting to GBP.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 4545

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:11:10 PM

paypal deals with chargebacks.. so forget having a truly trustless system that wont be manipulated by scammers in regards to swapping bitcoin for paypal privately 1 to 1

though some businesses do allow paypal conversion.. do have the same caution about this as you would any other exchange

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
zmhaha

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:15:57 PM

The only one I used is coinimal, an Austrian company. You can buy or sell bitcoins, PayPal is one of many options.

I wouldn't recommend selling BTC for Paypal if you need to convert to local currency. In my case, I sold BTC for Euro and then got riped off by PayPal on converting to GBP.

Coinimal only offers selling Bitcoin for Paypal, you can't buy. Check their verification levels and you will see.

Only sure way to buy with PayPal is Virwox or wesellcrypto.com. I don't know the third way.

Or actually third way is if you trust someone like you would trust him with your most valuable possessions.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:27:59 PM

use coinimal to dump bitcoin for paypal, for the opposite, not much is secure you cna trusted escrow here or virwox

but fee there can kill you basically
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:17:11 PM

The only way I've ever used PayPal to buy btc was to buy lindens and then transfer those to btc.  The whole process was slow and more expensive than just buying using other methods.  Any other way I wouldn't use pay pal,  I actually wouldn't recommend it at all. If you sell btc for PayPal then chances are your going to get scammed.

pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:27:08 PM

Coinimal only offers selling Bitcoin for Paypal, you can't buy. Check their verification levels and you will see.

Only sure way to buy with PayPal is Virwox or wesellcrypto.com. I don't know the third way.

Or actually third way is if you trust someone like you would trust him with your most valuable possessions.

I stand corrected. Was sure it worked both ways.

Other way to buy BTC with PayPal is www.weselldoges.com, as the name suggests, they sell DOGE, but you can easily convert those to bitcoins (shapeshift is the quickest way). The limits with the basic, email verification are only $15/day, but can be increased.

Edit: just found their other website, where they sell multiple cryptos (incl. BTC): wesellcrypto.com

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:37:15 PM

Anyone used Bitwa.la?
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:42:59 PM

The only way I've ever used PayPal to buy btc was to buy lindens and then transfer those to btc.  The whole process was slow and more expensive than just buying using other methods.  Any other way I wouldn't use pay pal,  I actually wouldn't recommend it at all. If you sell btc for PayPal then chances are your going to get scammed.

Yeah the fees is a killer. Paypal uses super fees compared to even creditcard or banks.
It's ridiculous they can go away with that.

Hope more paypal merchants will see that.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:49:40 PM

PayPal is the old players. while bitcoin is a new player with high prospects. I am pretty sure when both juxtaposed there will be strength so very great. someday will happen.
zmhaha

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:51:46 PM

I stand corrected. Was sure it worked both ways.

Other way to buy BTC with PayPal is www.weselldoges.com, as the name suggests, they sell DOGE, but you can easily convert those to bitcoins (shapeshift is the quickest way). The limits with the basic, email verification are only $15/day, but can be increased.

Edit: just found their other website, where they sell multiple cryptos (incl. BTC): wesellcrypto.com

Yes, they have started with weselldoge and than later they have moved to selling Bitcoin and other cryptos via wesellcrypto.

These are the same people and they are originally from Doge community.

I find wesellcrypto much better and much cheaper than Virwox. But you do have to send an ID with the written statement for a verification.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:51:55 PM

What business can do however is allow users to simply buy paypal funds in exchange of btc but that's just it. Forget about buying bitcoins through paypal because of the charge backs, I don't understand why paypal has these option when they can just warn users to simply be cautious to scammers and they're off the hook.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:52:57 PM

Anyone used Bitwa.la?

never heard about it, but i found this
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bitwa.la
the phone number linked with this website
http://about.all4btc.com/support/
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/all4btc.com

DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:57:35 PM

Is this Coinimal site secure for big transactions 1000+ euros? And can I withdraw the PayPal balance to my credit card once it's in my account? Thank you.

zmhaha

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:02:09 PM

Is this Coinimal site secure for big transactions 1000+ euros? And can I withdraw the PayPal balance to my credit card once it's in my account? Thank you.

Yes it's very secure. The owner is TwinwinnerD, a Hero member here on the forum. He is an escrow as well I think here. So he is very reputable and you won't have any problems with the exchange or a chargeback.

If your PayPal account is in good standing, I don't see why would you have a problem withdrawing money to your bank account.

Go for it.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:06:23 PM

Yes it's very secure. The owner is TwinwinnerD, a Hero member here on the forum. He is an escrow as well I think here. So he is very reputable and you won't have any problems with the exchange or a chargeback.

If your PayPal account is in good standing, I don't see why would you have a problem withdrawing money to your bank account.

Go for it.

Here's their official thread on this forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878727.0

Looks pretty trusted, the question is whether they would allow +1000 single transaction, probably there are some daily limits.

@DimensionZ - why not doing SEPA transfer (straight to your bank account) rather than going through PayPal?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
zmhaha

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:11:16 PM

Go for it.

Here's their official thread on this forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878727.0

Looks pretty trusted, the question is whether they would allow +1000 single transaction, probably there are some daily limits.

@DimensionZ - why not doing SEPA transfer (straight to your bank account) rather than going through PayPal?

They would allow one big transaction. I see that limit is 500 euros, but all you need to do is email their support and this limit will be removed. One of my friends has done it this way.

They don't care if it's 500 or 2,000 euros as there is no risk whatsoever for them involved. You are sending them irreversible mean of payment and they want to transact as much money possible in order to collect fees.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:33:23 PM

They don't care if it's 500 or 2,000 euros as there is no risk whatsoever for them involved. You are sending them irreversible mean of payment and they want to transact as much money possible in order to collect fees.

It's not all about risk but also about regulations. I'm sure there are some daily limits in place, after which they would have to comply with AML/KYC regulations (full customer verifications etc).

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
zmhaha

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:41:06 PM

It's not all about risk but also about regulations. I'm sure there are some daily limits in place, after which they would have to comply with AML/KYC regulations (full customer verifications etc).

Yes, I haven't thought about that. The best is to check that with their customer service. I am sure though that 1,000 euros won't be of any problem since my friend has confirmed me that he has done it successfully by just contacting customer support in order to raise a limit.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:58:22 PM

There are no "clever" ways to exchange Bitcoin and Paypal. You can head to the Currency Exchange section in the Marketplace if you want to find someone to exchange your Bitcoin and Paypal.
Don't forget to use escrow!

Life sucks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: