Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:00:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How it should go on with the ESCROW SERVICES.  (Read 645 times)
pjsonowal (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:31:26 PM

Today i was shocked to see that master-p scammed 24 BTC post on scam accusations board and it was hard to believe that because he was one of the 5 top escrowers. But now he is paying back,i think things are settling up now as he is PAYING THEM BACK.

Well today am making this thread to write up what i have think so that in future it doesnt happens again.It may be look down as wierd from the escrowers point of view. But it is for the safety of the parties out there trusting escrowers

NOTE :- Whatever i am writing below is what i think about how escrow service should work basically so I might not be able to pick up some things correctly and may get there something wrong. So please correct me up!! . And i really hope users out there to read my post carefully and comment whatever you guys think out there

1){SECURITY MONEY}ESCROWER should submit amount(max. amt that he can hold trade dealing at a time) in BTC to staff or admin . Like say, X is an escrower and he wants to open an escrow service and suppose he pays up 1 BTC to staff or admin then he can only hold up trade dealings to the extent of 1 BTC (computing up all the values of btc and goods or any consideration send over to the escrower by all the parties). Now if the the dealing so complete then escrower can again escrow up the consideration to the extent of the security money submitted.

2)ESCROWER should submit the details of ongoing trade dealings and status of the dealing.

3)ADMIN or STAFFS should make a thread of all the escrowers available with the security money amount corresponding to their names and update it accordingly.

4)Also the parties should submit the details of the dealings to ADMINS or STAFF.

HOW IT WILL HELP:-

I am quite sure that after this mishap. there will be more scammers which will start up their own escrow service and later on will end out scamming the fund he had in his/her escrow addy. So this will end up the scam and fake escrow services if comes.

Also parties will feel safe as in case if someone scams he/she can get his fund from the security money holded up by ADMIN or STAFF .

Also 4th point is compulsory one , like if a fake party comes on claiming that he/she had given BTC to the escrower then we can crack him.

In case if a escrow service comes without giving security money to the ADMIN or STAFF, then i think he should be given a red trust.

~I might not be a good demonstrator but i guess you all got it well. Whatever above is how it should work like. I just only geared up my brain and went through this solution..

Also an important advice to SELLER of any bitcointalk.org forum accounts to please tag in a neutral feedback to the account which he solded with date and btc price and message containing that he is no longer the holder of the account.

Like say : I am X(Seller) and Y(Buyer) and Y won the auction bidding 0.1BTC for the forum account Z(that i holded mean X) then I (X) will give a neutral feedback to the account Z like this " xx-xx-xxxx(date) , (amt. of BTC) i am now longer the holder of the account"

Also selling of account and giving up of neutral feedback here should be done from different accounts so that other bidders dont track that account and give up a negative feedback .

I think DT escrowers currently right now are very honest and still we can trust them , so i dont think that my above escrow guideline should work on them or whatever as you guys think..

~please comment only if you read it whole  Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:36:21 PM

I agree that staff an mods shoul create a thread o the list of escrows that they have already vouched legit but I think those submiting the details and all in every transaction requires a lo of work.

pjsonowal (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:41:02 PM

I agree that staff an mods shoul create a thread o the list of escrows that they have already vouched legit but I think those submiting the details and all in every transaction requires a lo of work.

Well it does bud. Bud but this is only the way to come up and clean those scammers with broom out off the bitcointalk.org.

ohk i ask you one question. How will you feel if you did that work to put the parties consideration in secure and bring in safety?

OFCOURSE GOOD. Because there is nothing more relieving than that .

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 04:49:40 PM

Why do you trust staff more than other users?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
pjsonowal (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:51:25 PM

This is because ADMINS were the one who appointed them and there will be a sure a valid point of appointing them as a staff/moderator of bitcointalk. If you think that they are still not enough then ADMINS maybe.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:01:04 PM

This is because ADMINS were the one who appointed them and there will be a sure a valid point of appointing them as a staff/moderator of bitcointalk.

Sure they have been selected because they were deemed fits as moderators, does that automatically make them trustworthy to work as escrow?

If you think that they are still not enough then ADMINS maybe.

Scammers are not banned, because admins cant decide which user is legit and which is not. Admins have a strict "dont get involved" policy, why should they change it now?

pjsonowal (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:07:42 PM

This is because ADMINS were the one who appointed them and there will be a sure a valid point of appointing them as a staff/moderator of bitcointalk.

Sure they have been selected because they were deemed fits as moderators, does that automatically make them trustworthy to work as escrow?

Scammers are not banned, because admins cant decide which user is legit and which is not. Admins have a strict "dont get involved" policy, why should they change it now?

hmm.I think i have to run up my brain gears again lol Tongue .But i will think and come back again . I just came over a thought and thought that this might be it . Anyways will again think of it.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:11:13 PM

hmm.I think i have to run up my brain gears again lol Tongue .But i will think and come back again . I just came over a thought and thought that this might be it . Anyways will again think of it.

IMHO if anything multisig in its different forms is an advancement.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:24:09 PM

The only thing that can prevent an escrow from getting greedy and scamming, is only allowing the escrow to escrow the amount 60-70% of his account worth(which is what I do whenever I escrow), master-p then would've scammed only less than 1 BTC, if you want to go for higher amount escrows, go for OgNasty , PsychoticBoy or John. K(who has done escrows of amounts over 100 BTC, and once handled 750 BTC for the forum)
If possible, use multiple escrows for partial amounts.

And well there's always multi-sig

Staff can and will scam if given the opportunity, they are human beings too you know.
pjsonowal (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:31:16 PM

The only thing that can prevent an escrow from getting greedy and scamming, is only allowing the escrow to escrow the amount 60-70% of his account worth(which is what I do whenever I escrow), master-p then would've scammed only less than 1 BTC

But the thing is that how would you know that he is escrowing 60-70% of his account? he/she may give a fake info.  if asked.

Well leave it .. the thing is that it didnt worked well and will lock it.

Sorry if i ated up your time.. and hereby i lock it.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:33:52 PM

The only thing that can prevent an escrow from getting greedy and scamming, is only allowing the escrow to escrow the amount 60-70% of his account worth(which is what I do whenever I escrow), master-p then would've scammed only less than 1 BTC

But the thing is that how would you know that he is escrowing 60-70% of his account? he/she may give a fake info.  if asked

I believe a generic formula for calculating account price should be made, for example I believe mine to be 0.2 , which is why I don't do escrows less than 0.15. Also I have one address for all escrows so that everyone can see I am not running any other escrow , so that I may be tempted to scam both
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: