Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TappaBit Interview: 50% Skill, 50% Luck Bitcoin Game  (Read 480 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:59:01 PM

TappaBit is different from most games in Bitcoin that is not one of the gambling variety. For people that want to play using Bitcoin but not leave it all entirely up to chance, TappaBit is an engaging Bitcoin game alternative.
http://bitcoinist.net/tappabit-interview-50-skill-50-luck-bitcoin-game/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinpete

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:03:14 PM

I tried the trial version but could not really get a good grasp on what part of the game involves skill.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:20:28 AM

I tried the trial version but could not really get a good grasp on what part of the game involves skill.

The part of the game that involves skill is how you need to physically stop the timer as close to 0 as possible. Unfortunately, it seems like this game is closing this Saturday forever, which is a shame as it was a good concept.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:32:45 AM

The part of the game that involves skill is how you need to physically stop the timer as close to 0 as possible. Unfortunately, it seems like this game is closing this Saturday forever, which is a shame as it was a good concept.
Is this true ? But this can be as the concept is good but not attractive to one who have slower internet connection or are not fast to click stop buttom. I have also played their game during one promotion by them but lost. The main problem can be not getting enough players like most of the multiplayer game require. Today is saturday, is today is the last day for tappabit ?
phibay

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:47:31 AM

for me its more like 50% internet connection, 30% agility and 20% luck. i never had won on tappabit cuz of my shitty internet connection. still its a nice game, its just that players with faster internet connection got an advantage.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:59:55 AM

IMO it's close to 100% luck, because every internet connection have some lag. For example I'm on 150ms average to US. People located closely to game hosting server will have unfair advantage.
bitcoinpete

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:03:29 AM

I got that part, I just dont see this game as becoming mainstream or remotely popular. Maybe if it was tweeked up a bit. Im not surprised that the game is shutting down.

Umworpol

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:06:46 AM

What is this like ? a new game ?

Can you explain it more details on the thread ?
phibay

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:25:50 AM

dont be lazy, read the faqs on their website and you will be good. anyways there's no point to be interested on the game cuz they will be shutting down on saturday.
bitcoinpete

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:30:27 AM

your not missing much

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:49:22 AM

Wouldn't it be very easy to make a bot of some sorts or use a macro program to click the button as close to 0 as possible?

Lag is probably indeed your worst enemy in a game like this, a few hundreds of a second can cause you to lose already.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 11:48:53 AM

IMO it's close to 100% luck, because every internet connection have some lag. For example I'm on 150ms average to US. People located closely to game hosting server will have unfair advantage.

Yeah I agree with you when you said that this game need best internet connection. But 100% luck I dont think that it will be that because it is not fair game because all you need is good conncetion, so although you have luck but bad connection I dont think that you can win it
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:34:29 AM

I tried this game on tappabit but it's not kinda skill based,i mean i tried to be as close as 0 but there's some bug there sometimes it goes so close to 0 and sometimes it's no way near 0 even i press stop at same time and there's no way to verify exactly when we did stop!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: