Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:36:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is bitcoin or other altcoin?  (Read 404 times)
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:05:06 PM

What happens when my gpu or cpu hashes?! What is mining? How do anyone make coin with a gpu? Is it something illegal?! I do not understand a word about mining?! If my gpu solves any puzzle why will it make some money?? What is all about?!lease answer me
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:08:20 PM

What happens when my gpu or cpu hashes?! What is mining? How do anyone make coin with a gpu? Is it something illegal?! I do not understand a word about mining?! If my gpu solves any puzzle why will it make some money?? What is all about?!lease answer me

Have you done any research online yet?
All these answers are easily accessible to you with a google search.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:17:24 PM

What happens when my gpu or cpu hashes?!

It uses a hash function to calculate a hash from given data. A hash function is a special algorithm that can not be reversed directly. The simplest example would be the function x2. You can set x = 2 and get the result 4, but you would get the same result for x = -2. Thus you can not reverse the result of such a function and know the original value. In the case of x2 there are 2 possible values. Most hash functions are more complex of course.

What is mining?

Mining (in proof of work) is hashing slightly different versions of given data until you find a hash with a certain property.

How do anyone make coin with a gpu?

A GPU can be used to calculate a hash, it can not make a coin. This is usually done by people writing code.

Is it something illegal?!

I dont think so, but Im no lawyer and I dont know all laws for all countries.

I do not understand a word about mining?! If my gpu solves any puzzle why will it make some money?? What is all about?!lease answer me

Its actually more of a lottery than a puzzle. The rules of bitcoins code say that anyone that finds a hash with a certain property gets a reward. This is not true for any puzzle. E.g. you can use a GPU to solve the question "what is the password for shorena's wallet file" and might get the answer "abc123def", but sadly the wallet file is empty so no reward for you.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:24:43 PM

It's magic internet money bro!
You just make ... you know ... you make money!
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:35:02 PM

start here: what is bitcoin
http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-in-plain-english/

then read this: what is mining
http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-mining-in-plain-english/

and then follow the links in the articles.

BTW: 93 post. What have you done here in the meantime?
iwasneverhere

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:39:08 PM

Math is always great. Thank the math Gods-Real Gods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: