Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: erased phone, still have account # ???  (Read 1553 times)
feircefire33 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:44:15 PM

So the question I have is; I managed to erase my phone but I still have the account number is there anyway to retrieve my bitcoins? I'm rather new to the bitcoins world and would greatly appreciate some help regarding this topic. Please if you know what I can do to recover my losses it would be greatly appreciated.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:47:55 PM

So the question I have is; I managed to erase my phone but I still have the account number is there anyway to retrieve my bitcoins? I'm rather new to the bitcoins world and would greatly appreciate some help regarding this topic. Please if you know what I can do to recover my losses it would be greatly appreciated.

Which app? Do you have a backup?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:55:23 PM

If you are using the Coinbase App, then they have control of the bitcoins and can probably hep you.

If you are using the blockchain.info app, then you will need to remember the password (or the pneumonic word set) that you used when you set up the account.

If you are using a wallet app that uses a deterministic method of generating the private keys, then you will need to know the seed value for the wallet.

If you are using a wallet app that generates random private keys, then you will need to either have a backup of the wallet from before you erased it, or you will need to recover the private keys from the erased memory of the phone.  If you don't have a backup, and you are unable to recover the erased keys then the bitcoins will be unspendable forever.
subcypher

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:53:46 PM

What do you mean "account number"? The public address or private Key? Or your username to a wallet service? Which app were you using? We need more info.

Founder: Incorporating Bitcoin. Bitrated user: subcypher.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:34:55 AM

What do you mean "account number"? The public address or private Key? Or your username to a wallet service? Which app were you using? We need more info.

Dannny pretty much hit up all the questions.  Finding out which wallet is key.   I hope it was coinbase.  

But for others reading out there are hardware wallets you can use with mobile android with wallets like MyCellium.  Ledger Nano and Trezor both work with it great.   I really like the extra security of having a hardware wallet even when mobile.  I don't like to store much more then spending money in my hot wallet accounts so even if was a loss is not a big deal in overall scheme.

I'm sure on "account #" he means his bitcoin address.   Probley deals with fiat more in a fiat world you might look at something like it an account.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: