Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Warren Buffet buying bitcoin?
Yes - 8 (17.4%)
No - 31 (67.4%)
Conspiracy - 7 (15.2%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Buffet buying bitcoin?  (Read 3205 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:41:26 PM

It's not like he's buying a lot of Bitcoinz. He only uses it for hookers and blow. For everything else there's MasterCard.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:44:15 PM

What do we hope to determine by asking each other about something we don't know?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:49:14 PM

What do we hope to determine by asking each other about something we don't know?

And now we get to the reason I make fun of threads like this.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 02:52:04 PM

I doubt it, because you can't run the bitcoin core at Asda supermarkets (Walmart in the UK )

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
BruceFenton

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 02:53:17 PM

Your answer please

Why have a poll on a factual statement?

He's not buying Bitcoin
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

I feel bad for the guy, he could have been remembered for getting this one right too, but he is too old to comprehend.
Don't worry for him. He'll still be remembered as an unmatched master. And besides, bitcoin hasn't succeeded... yet  Smiley. The guy is still not wrong as of now. We still have a long way to go. And that is precisely the reason why there's profit to be made by buying and HODLING now in case of future success.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:55:49 PM

I feel bad for the guy, he could have been remembered for getting this one right too, but he is too old to comprehend.
Don't worry for him. He'll still be remembered as an unmatched master. And besides, bitcoin hasn't succeeded... yet  Smiley. The guy is still not wrong as of now. We still have a long way to go. And that is precisely the reason why there's profit to be made by buying and HODLING now in case of future success.

But he is already wrong in his arguments against Bitcoin. He is comparing it to a check... that sounds like a joke. I doubt he even understand what decentralization means and let alone smart contracts and all the other possibilities.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:56:41 PM

And now we get to the reason I make fun of threads like this.

Ah. Carry on then.

Blind Legs Parker

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:06:26 PM

But he is already wrong in his arguments against Bitcoin. He is comparing it to a check... that sounds like a joke. I doubt he even understand what decentralization means and let alone smart contracts and all the other possibilities.
Indeed. He most definitely fails at understanding bitcoin whatsoever. He's human after all: he can be wrong sometimes  Smiley. Good for him that he doesn't invest in what he doesn't understand. He'll miss opportunities like that. We all do all the time. But on the whole you'd lose more investing in any stuff that you don't understand then staying at home and counting flowers on the wall. And I mean, he probably was made by journalists into telling his mind about bitcoin, back then. I doubt he'd open it to go on about stuff that he doesn't understand if nobody asked him to.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Warren Buffet will go down in history as the man that made a fortune with his investments and was usually always right, except in his last prediction of Bitcoin being a failure. Statistically, it's obvious this is one big mistake by him:

he said that?  he indeed never really understood what btc is. the better for him to stay away with bitcoin, he'll forever be linked to this thread.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:48:13 PM

Warren Buffet will go down in history as the man that made a fortune with his investments and was usually always right, except in his last prediction of Bitcoin being a failure. Statistically, it's obvious this is one big mistake by him:

he said that?  he indeed never really understood what btc is. the better for him to stay away with bitcoin, he'll forever be linked to this thread.

Yes Buffet really siad that! Well he had never been good in understanding new technologies. He is an oldschooler.
But when I have absolutely no idea I should better shut my mouth, that's why statements like this from one one of the greatest investors of all time is kind of embarrassing.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

Yes Buffet really siad that! Well he had never been good in understanding new technologies. He is an oldschooler.
But when I have absolutely no idea I should better shut my mouth, that's why statements like this from one one of the greatest investors of all time is kind of embarrassing.

He would likely agree that you should invest in what you know. When I need tech advice I generally don't ask a senior citizen.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:53:38 PM

He would likely agree that you should invest in what you know. When I need tech advice I generally don't ask a senior citizen.

Yeah it's probably a generation thing. We invest in digital holdings, the older generations do it in stocks and traditional finance. Who cares? Let them be.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:58:07 PM

probably not. he's bashing bitcoin at every opportunity. it wouldn't make sense for him to buy something he's trying to get the public to throw away.
Asulect

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:18:49 PM

No, I don't he is buying.  He won't even touch gold, why would he buy bitcoins?
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 04:20:27 PM

Likely not, he is incredibly old fashioned Wall Street and he only invests in what he can understand. I highly don't he understand, nor has paid an incredible amount of attention to Bitcoin.

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 04:42:42 PM

Probably he is not doing so, at least if he is sincere to his belief. I have heard him speaking and read it, and he is not prone to invest in anything that has no solid value. In fact I read an interview in which he talked about bitcoin and said the value of BTC is in having the ability of storing and transfering money (as a check also has the ability) and that does have value, but not that much to make Bitcoins be worth hundreds of dollars.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:46:17 PM

Nah, he's already mentioned he refuses to invest in anything he can't understand. So no, not likely, but possible nonetheless.

it's not like he can not study it, i think he is scared by the fact that even with his huge skill in trading, he will lose if invest in bitcoin

the market is unpredictable for anyone, even for him, this is the true reason for me

Yes that is true however he may be a believer in the long-term value of bitcoins and still buys them with the intention to hold for the future.

For a billionaire like him, he could buy a lot of bitcoins, become a big whale and may even play around our investments by pumping and dumping lol.  but i don't think he will do this, he'll probably just leave bitcoin to small timers. He'd be much more interested to what he can handle best and know well.

Yeah right... Like he would take the risk of market manipulation.. He probably has investigators on has ass all day long checking every trade he does for even the slightest sign of insider knowledge or manipulation.

Bitcoin trading is a playground for manipulation at the moment, but don't expect the big boys to copy that, they have too much to lose..
Blind Legs Parker

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:56:02 PM

No, I don't he is buying.  He won't even touch gold, why would he buy bitcoins?
Man now that I have this information a lot of stuff becomes more understandable all at once. The guy doesn't understand gold either. Well then yeah, you'll never get him to buy bitcoins then. It's no use  Cheesy
“Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head.”
Warren Buffet
My dog also makes this "I'd be scratching my head if only I had fingers" face when he sees me doing human stuff that he doesn't understand, such as cutting the branches of a tree standing in my path or other stuff like that. For sure dogs don't bother doing such stuff... yup that's for sure... :-/

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:08:16 PM

Basically Buffet and others old blood investors are not believing if non-regulated currency. For them current state of Bitcoin is similar to Wild West.
They don't believe government and politicians will leave bitcoin unregulated for long and bitcoin must change to be on par with other payment methods,
when that happen bitcoin will lose its worth, so it is better to leave it alone - Buffet's logic.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: