Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-01-14] Andresen Will Continue Supporting Bitcoin Core Alternatives, “XT”,  (Read 250 times)
coinzat (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:21:51 PM

- Andresen Will Continue Supporting Bitcoin Core Alternatives, “XT”, “Classic” or “Unlimited”

Former lead maintainer for Bitcoin Core, Gavin Andresen says in his blog that he will continue to support alternatives to Bitcoin Core, whether it is Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic or Bitcoin Unlimited.

Andresen notes that he continues to have the top three priorities that he had when was lead maintainer of Core.

1) Keep the system secure. 2) Keep the network reliably processing transactions. 3) Eliminate single points of failure.
However, Andresen has grown to look at the Bitcoin ecosystem as a whole rather than just the Core software implementation. In terms of security, Andresen feels that the Bitcoin protocol is in good shape.

Bitcoin-the-protocol is doing really well security-wise; the responsibly-report-a-vulnerability-in-bitcoin mailing list has been quiet for many months. And seeing multi-signature “p2sh” adopted is very personally satisfying. I’m still active asking dumb questions to people smarter than me to try to avoid mistakes as the protocol evolves.

Read more : http://allcoinsnews.com/2016/01/14/andresen-will-continue-supporting-bitcoin-core-alternatives-xt-classic-or-unlimited/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: