Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:10:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Garzik is supporting bitcoin classic - @theymos: kill him!  (Read 1526 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 04:56:45 PM

https://www.bitcoinclassic.com/

He is also a mod here...

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:05:31 PM

Where did theymos say that Jeff Garzik must be killed? The policy on Bitcoin reddit is clear, any altcoin discussion doesn't belong in the Bitcoin reddit, specially if it's XT 2.0. This should be pretty clear in 2016 to be honest.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 05:50:14 PM

Where did theymos say that Jeff Garzik must be killed? The policy on Bitcoin reddit is clear, any altcoin discussion doesn't belong in the Bitcoin reddit, specially if it's XT 2.0. This should be pretty clear in 2016 to be honest.

"kill" in a methaphoric sense  Wink

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:43:34 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:08:02 PM by n2004al

"kill" in a methaphoric sense  Wink

Good explanation. First is written - kill - without quotes and without metaphoric sense. Then after someone who have doubts or simply want facts about this big revelation don't find nothing and refer this become the "kill" with quotes and its metaphoric sense. Now, reading the above post and the one before it, I want to ask that from the author of two posts before can be understood that there is not even the "kill" with quotes and in the metaphoric sense. In other words there is any kill in any place. Practically there is nothing. My question is: why needed to invent such kind of bombastic threads without any sense and meaning? For more with a main post which don't tell nothing and have not any kind of connection with the title of the thread.  Huh
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:47:52 PM

He is also a mod here...
AFAIK this account is the one you are talking about(correct me if I am wrong).In that case he was demoted recently or looong ago, or wasn't a mod at all and you are making stuff up.
Mayne shills are upping this "issue" too much lately, going as far as abusive trolling, I feel dem bans coming
Edit: Seems the only(positive) feedback he has given is to a scammer, but hey he did trade with the person
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:07:19 AM

There is no official this, official that.

The longest chain wins. If the network can use it and vote on it, its not an altcoin. Its a choice.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:59:01 AM

The longest chain wins. If the network can use it and vote on it, its not an altcoin. Its a choice.

Didn't you get the memo?

Bitcoin is what theymos says it is.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:04:30 PM

If it was , we wouldn't be having this nor the half other rants going in on the Bitcoin discussion, all discussing about XT and other crap
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:20:28 PM

I think the OP was just making a play on the whole Core vs. XT censorship ramblings being rambled about.  Sorta like saying, "There's the heretic, get him!"  I don't know....but after the Hearn's resignation statement on medium...things are starting to seem a little dicey!
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:24:14 PM

BTW might not have gotten theymos' sense of humor but isn't he supporter of Classic too?
As a firm supporter of Bitcoin Classic, I am honored to be a moderator of the official Bitcoin Classic subreddit.

I am however disappointed that smartfbrankings changed my original sidebar text.
greysorc

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:10:27 PM

bitcoin classic supports the increased block size? someone can give me a light here?

Bitcoin classic = Bitcoin core?
Sn0wMan

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:29:23 PM

bitcoin classic supports the increased block size? someone can give me a light here?

check https://www.bitcoinclassic.com you will know
We are hard forking bitcoin to a 2 MB blocksize limit.
Yes, it support the block size increase to 2MB. Core and classic is different.
greysorc

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:34:58 PM

check https://www.bitcoinclassic.com you will know
We are hard forking bitcoin to a 2 MB blocksize limit.
Yes, it support the block size increase to 2MB. Core and classic is different.

Thanks. I am still learning those technical factors... i have no experience with coding and stuff, so i am a slow learner on this topic...

Smiley I hope the project goes forth. On your opinion, Bitcoin Classic is have the best proposal for the future of the BTC network?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:56:51 PM

Sad  Didn't you get the memo?   Sad

Cry  Bitcoin is what theymos says it is.   Cry

Try harder to blame theymos for XT's failure to thrive.  I really like it when you do that.

Does it upset you when xtnodes.com and most XT hosts got hit with 20Gb of DDOS?  Mmmm, that's too bad.  Tell me more how about how it hurt your feelings.

How disappointed where you when NotBitcoinXT and PseudoNode literally made a mockery of the first, and only significant, Gavinista vanity fork?  Ooooh yes, share all of your frustration and anguish!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:13:14 PM

He is also a mod here...
AFAIK this account is the one you are talking about(correct me if I am wrong).In that case he was demoted recently or looong ago, or wasn't a mod at all and you are making stuff up.
Mayne shills are upping this "issue" too much lately, going as far as abusive trolling, I feel dem bans coming
Edit: Seems the only(positive) feedback he has given is to a scammer, but hey he did trade with the person

Jeff is the mod of the press section. so a mod is promoting an "altcoin" (in theymos kind of sense)....uhhhhhhhhhhhh

n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:42:30 AM

Maybe this is not the correct thread to do this post but I don't want to open e new thread about this matter because it would be full of guesses and I cannot be able again to have answer about what I want to know. While here is discussed about both bitcoins and can made posts people who may be able to give right and correct answer about my quesion. Exist someone here who can explain clearly the difference between the bitcoin core and the bitcoin classic (and if possible even with Chinese bitcoin with 8 or more MB block size). What is this essential difference between these "bitcoins" which caused such big division between the team of the core developers of bitcoin? Why is so important only 1 MB difference and which is the power of this 1 MB in the size of the block which has caused such division and all this confusion between them who follow bitcoin and "fight" for it? Can anyone convince me with arguments which kind of bitcoin I must follow? Giving the facts about this my probable choice. Thanks if someone will answer.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:44:58 AM

Maybe this is not the correct thread to do this post but I don't want to open e new thread about this matter because it would be full of guesses and I cannot be able again to have answer about what I want to know. While here is discussed about both bitcoins and can made posts people who may be able to give right and correct answer about my quesion. Exist someone here who can explain clearly the difference between the bitcoin core and the bitcoin classic (and if possible even with Chinese bitcoin with 8 or more MB block size). What is this essential difference between these "bitcoins" which caused such big division between the team of the core developers of bitcoin? Why is so important only 1 MB difference and which is the power of this 1 MB in the size of the block which has caused such division and all this confusion between them who follow bitcoin and "fight" for it? Can anyone convince me with arguments which kind of bitcoin I must follow? Giving the facts about this my probable choice. Thanks if someone will answer.

Can you go a bit more in detail?

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:53:51 AM

Can you go a bit more in detail?

All the details are in my post. If you cannot understand it please don't answer. Someone who know to answer and give the right answer understand all from my words written at my above post. I have any aim to offend you telling the previous words. Sorry if you will understand my words in such way. I wrote those only to make you understand that who know the answer don't need more explanations than those given at the quoted post by you. If you don't know what to tell reading my above post then you will do guesses I and have hundred of those in my mind. So have no need for more. Sorry if these my words will seems rude to you. I can assure you that have nothing to do personally with you. And it is not this my aim. Only that I want ONLY ONE FULL post which can give to me full explanations about my post. Nothing else.
mikewirth

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:58:35 PM

Didn't you get the memo?

Core is the alt.  The original bitcoin did not have 1MB block size limit.  Get back to the original - no limit. 
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:37:04 PM

Wait, theymos said "if miners misbehave, POW algo might be replaced", so voting seems as not a option...

I will paraphrase sarcastically, if majority of people misbehave they have to be replaced as well...

Core is the alt.  The original bitcoin did not have 1MB block size limit.  Get back to the original - no limit. 

Actually 32 MB, but your right it was meant as just software limit, so no limit fits the original plan much better...

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: