Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: there is a universal wallet?  (Read 2362 times)
Pitagora (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 10:24:51 PM

I'd like a wallet to keep me more types of altcoin possible, until now I have found:
-holytransaction: supports the largest number of altcoin, and you can buy and sell.
-coinomi: 24 altcoin
cryptonator: 11 altcoin

but none that I keep almost everything ... you have any suggestions?
The purpose and comfort, and to start trading between cryptocoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pitagora (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 02:37:47 AM

I see coinomi, but is only for mobile device now....
but I read "We are planning to release a desktop version of Coinomi for Windows, Linux and Mac in a few months."  on site.

I tried a lot I found these: cryptonator.com     holytransaction.com   coinomi...
pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1000

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 03:22:01 AM

there is also uberpay.io

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 06:24:39 AM

I'd like a wallet to keep me more types of altcoin possible, until now I have found:
-holytransaction: supports the largest number of altcoin, and you can buy and sell.
-coinomi: 24 altcoin
cryptonator: 11 altcoin

but none that I keep almost everything ... you have any suggestions?
The purpose and comfort, and to start trading between cryptocoins

why should anyone trust a no name site? chance this site will disappeared with your coins when there enough for them. store them in polo and bittrex if you have ton of shit coins

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:27:53 AM

I like Poloniex a lot because at the moment they offer the best service and a good liquidity for most of the coins.
In addition you can do margin lending there and also invest with leverage. Quite nice.

I heart of a project called Supernet what should be a kind of general wallet. But I think it's not finished right now.

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:17:03 AM

afaik supernet will only include its core coins. possibly outdated list: http://wiki.supernet.org/wiki/Core_Coins
davien

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:27:32 AM

I wouldn't recommend you to keep your money on an exchange for long time. There are pretty high chances of getting hacked, etc

mickiya

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:14:10 AM

I vote for,

Coinomi - Because your wallet is stored on your personal machine.
Poloniex - For exchanging and watching markets.

Poloniex is a good choice for the time being. It is quite reliable. I have some coins there for trading. I do not store a lot there.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:19:44 AM

I didn't hear for universal wallet!
Im using exchanges for my alts  to trade and keep.
Those alts that prefer lm staking in wallet .
I Dont like to keep my money on one place!
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:46:05 AM

This kind of a wallet is not that hard to do, but still it needs work.
I would do it, if there was a funding. Do you think, we can get one?
LiberOptions

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:40:31 PM

It would be great to have a wallet that could simply receive any kind of crypto currency and even have the possibility of tading it via the wallet
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:09:39 PM

Universal wallet? What will be the purpose of same ?
And someone that trying to steal your wallet can steal all yours bitcoin and alts.. Huh
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:33:06 PM

And someone that trying to steal your wallet can steal all yours bitcoin and alts.. Huh

Noone steals anything. I had this idea already, before the first of the mentioned ones came out.
You just have a simple html with a javascript, that contacts a server of each coin by RPC. You need only a couple of commands and can write a small wrapper for a general coin. Each coin is then written in 10-20 lines of code. The data is stored locally.

If the coin is written good enough, then you don't have to send any secrets to the server. I think, there are some coins that need the password server-side. That also works then, but is not very safe in this case. You have to make sure, that you trust that server...

The only thing, that can always happen, is that the server doesn't do your request. In this case your transfer was not done but you don't loose funds, because the server can't change the actual transaction.

As I said, I could do it, but not without funding. Any coin developer gets money for their crypto programming as well...
davien

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:08:23 PM

Noone steals anything. I had this idea already, before the first of the mentioned ones came out.
You just have a simple html with a javascript, that contacts a server of each coin by RPC. You need only a couple of commands and can write a small wrapper for a general coin. Each coin is then written in 10-20 lines of code. The data is stored locally.

If the coin is written good enough, then you don't have to send any secrets to the server. I think, there are some coins that need the password server-side. That also works then, but is not very safe in this case. You have to make sure, that you trust that server...

The only thing, that can always happen, is that the server doesn't do your request. In this case your transfer was not done but you don't loose funds, because the server can't change the actual transaction.

As I said, I could do it, but not without funding. Any coin developer gets money for their crypto programming as well...
Hm. From this perspective it's a pretty nice and usefull idea, and doesn't even take that much time to do it

anon_giraffe

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:26:01 AM

there is also uberpay.io

Uberpay.io is similar to coinomi and i feel this is one of the better universal wallet ideas.

Based on the electrum wallet, the app/wallet will piggy back off (in this case) uberpay.io.
The app/wallet will interact with their site and you can manipulate your coins at your whim. You control your key data, and the app/wallet will create appropriate transaction data to reflect your directions, this transaction data will be sent to the appropriate block chain via their site.

You do not need to store any block chain data, and they should not store any of your user data so it's as safe as your own security.

Whilst it does require their site to be active, because you maintain your own key/addresses, in the worst case you can run and sync the full proper wallet to access your coins yourself.

not a sig
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:01:00 AM

there is also uberpay.io

Uberpay.io is similar to coinomi and i feel this is one of the better universal wallet ideas.

Based on the electrum wallet, the app/wallet will piggy back off (in this case) uberpay.io.
The app/wallet will interact with their site and you can manipulate your coins at your whim. You control your key data, and the app/wallet will create appropriate transaction data to reflect your directions, this transaction data will be sent to the appropriate block chain via their site.

You do not need to store any block chain data, and they should not store any of your user data so it's as safe as your own security.

Whilst it does require their site to be active, because you maintain your own key/addresses, in the worst case you can run and sync the full proper wallet to access your coins yourself.

are coins also staking?

davien

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:44:39 AM

there is also uberpay.io

are coins also staking?

Only POW coins surely not Cheesy - Captain obvious

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:59:07 AM

If such wallet exist i would like to have it!
That would be very practical!
anon_giraffe

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:15:48 PM

there is also uberpay.io

are coins also staking?

Not at all. These wallets work by crafting transactions from data received re specific addresses, then inputing them into the block chain without having actual access to those coins.
They work in some ways similar to how a cold wallet might work, where the client that crafts and signs the transaction does not have access to the block chain - but in this case it does have access to the coinomi/uberpay api.

Only full wallets should stake, or specially crafted wallets.

not a sig
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

there is also uberpay.io

are coins also staking?

Not at all. These wallets work by crafting transactions from data received re specific addresses, then inputing them into the block chain without having actual access to those coins.
They work in some ways similar to how a cold wallet might work, where the client that crafts and signs the transaction does not have access to the block chain - but in this case it does have access to the coinomi/uberpay api.

Only full wallets should stake, or specially crafted wallets.

there are some coins, that enable delegated staking(forging/harvesting). This could be done in such a wallet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: