Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting: how to start  (Read 369 times)
Myffas (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:56:39 AM

I’m in the Bitcoin industry for a few months now and been reading and made calculation every day since. I would like to expand the size of the little farm I am taking care of. Hosting is my next step

What I have to offer:
Room for 16 Kw @ 0.085$ / Kwh and plan to expand as needed
Electricity here is very stable, can guarantee 99% up time
I’m located in a quiet area and have a good security system.
I’ll be well insured for out of my control hazards if worst happen.
All year long cool area.
Obviously decent internet connection
I’m a professional engineer, don’t be worried about proper care of your miners

Now, how could I start hosting? I mean there is scammer everywhere in this industry. I didn’t post a lot so my status on this forum is newbie. How could I earn your trust? I’m open to pretty much everything.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 03:06:11 AM

Remote hosting is intrinsically risky and there isn't a way around it other than escrowed $/btc for the value of hardware held.

Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:14:30 AM

Remote hosting is intrinsically risky and there isn't a way around it other than escrowed $/btc for the value of hardware held.
with your reputation, no one will trust you. why not buy the miners and set them up yourself? You said you have cheap electricity and you can earn a lot of money? If you lack of capital, you could find some investors in your local.

Myffas (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:43:12 AM

with your reputation, no one will trust you. why not buy the miners and set them up yourself? You said you have cheap electricity and you can earn a lot of money? If you lack of capital, you could find some investors in your local.

I have cheap electricity and I could find the capital, but I don’t want to invest 12-15K more in the Bitcoin mining industry. I have 6 miners and it's the amount I'm comfortable with for now.

Since I have space and cheap power, I'd like to earn some money by taking care of miners and by slowly growing my own farm.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:44:56 AM

I have cheap electricity and I could find the capital, but I don’t want to invest 12-15K more in the Bitcoin mining industry. I have 6 miners and it's the amount I'm comfortable with for now.

Since I have space and cheap power, I'd like to earn some money by taking care of miners and by slowly growing my own farm.

The problem is hosting at @ 0.085$ / Kw is not that great.   And add ontop of that being new.... you will get zero customers.

True "cheap" electricity is a decent amount less still.  I suggest not go to deep in this idea as I see zero customers picking you as of now.
Myffas (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:01:06 PM

I pay my electricity in $CAD and all pricing here are in $US. Have you seen floating electricity prices? (Based on US to CAD exchange rate)

I could lower my price but, I want to make a fair profit out of doing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: