Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:27:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price after Cryptsy event  (Read 910 times)
john_doe (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:14:34 PM

Some hours ago it was revealed that Cryptsy was hacked in 2014 and now they are insolvent. How low can the bitcoin price go?

Sources:
http://blog.cryptsy.com/
http://www.coindesk.com/digital-currency-exchange/

If you believe my post is helpful and you feel like donating a small amount, please use this address: 165i2m6WNT3v4KPWbFesKhceaXf2shcUDR
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:17:19 PM

I'd love if price goes down a notch, me waiting for dump is taking a toll on my impatience
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:26:29 PM

i am not surprised at all about cryptsy. it's just another altcoin exchange that goes up in dust. not the first altcoin exchange, and definitely not the last. if you asked me yesterday if i thought the price would go sub $400 today, then i would have said no. at this point there is too much panic to make a guess on how deep the price will fall now.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:32:40 PM

its now 390+  Grin You guys must be cashing out six ways to Sunday and buy more for the next pump days.
Does this mean that blog entry affects this sudden move? Oh its them alright.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
john_doe (OP)

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:26:49 PM

What's the rationale of bitcoin price dropping after one of these events? If I'm a bitcoin holder, why would I sell after an exchange has been hacked? I guess it's only speculative, i.e. I assume other people will sell (because they will think the same as me) so I will sell.

If you believe my post is helpful and you feel like donating a small amount, please use this address: 165i2m6WNT3v4KPWbFesKhceaXf2shcUDR
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:35:42 PM

What's the rationale of bitcoin price dropping after one of these events? If I'm a bitcoin holder, why would I sell after an exchange has been hacked? I guess it's only speculative, i.e. I assume other people will sell (because they will think the same as me) so I will sell.

I think it's a chain reaction. A small portion of people panic and sell. This then creates more panic among others and they sell. It's a domino effect.
defaultking

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 02:42:22 PM

I think it will touch $350 before it goes back up again. If I was a betting man I would put a penny that the price would go that low or lower. Just goes to show I'm not much of a betting man or that confident in my number.  Undecided
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:06:25 PM

i don't know this is related or not with cryptsy event but seem the price down with pretty fast today and i hope people will not panic with these

situations also bitcoin price will back to $400 above
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:21:01 PM

i don't know this is related or not with cryptsy event but seem the price down with pretty fast today and i hope people will not panic with these

situations also bitcoin price will back to $400 above

Indeed, I can never say for sure that a crash has anything to do with the recent news. I think we should've seen this coming though, not the cryptsy part but the bitcoin dropping in value. It's been above $400 for a very long time. It's about time bitcoin comes down a bit.
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:46:03 PM

Cryptsy was never of big importance to Bitcoin. It was small/medium volume exchange even in his best days and in my opinion, Cryptsy scam dont have any impact on Bitcoin price. Most ppl who have sane brain were out of Cryptsy long time a go.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:57:53 PM

I know bit transfer btc six months ago but dash and ltc doge ate left there
I think that cryptsy fall wont influnce in price maybe recent stock market fall

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Pages: [1]