Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which currency should I use to stay anonymous?  (Read 3348 times)
umid20 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:27:43 AM

What are the most secure and secret coins to anonymity? So just created this work for the coin.

edit: sorry for my bad england

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:04:12 AM

Bitcoin.

There are helpfull mixing services to move coins privately. Some guy from the US is currently checking out how to move 13000 BTC and getting away with that.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:10:14 AM

None of them will surely keep you anonymous.

Zerocash is the only design which might be very reliable, but it does not exist in any altcoin yet.

Period.

Some elaboration is at the following post (and also in the archives of my posts):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.msg13569178#msg13569178

Semidetached

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:37:55 AM

I think Monero is the best money to stay anonymous. It uses the ring signature. The mixing is built into the protocol.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:21:01 PM

cash.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:35:28 PM

cash.

Monero is exactly cash but digital
dadj

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 02:41:25 PM

Monero.

http://blog.makemoneywhileyouwork.com/2016/01/11/using-alt-coins-to-mix-bitcoins/

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:53:09 PM

I think Monero is the best money to stay anonymous. It uses the ring signature. The mixing is built into the protocol.

You are a n00b and you don't do enough research to know what you are writing about. Why should anyone believe you?

Monero is not anonymous when your metadata can be correlated. One example of metadata which unmasks your anonymity is your IP address. And no, Tor and I2P mixnets do not hide your IP address from the government, in fact they are thought to be Sybil attacked honeypots that not only tell the government your IP address but also alert the NSA et al that you should come under extra scrutiny.

And IP address is not the only metadata that can destroy your anonymity in ring signatures. Other examples can include cookies in your browser and other activity you did on the web. Other examples also include telephone calls and other activity you did around that time, which have statistical significance.

I wrote about that in the link in the post I made upthread which is quoted below.

None of them will surely keep you anonymous.

Zerocash is the only design which might be very reliable, but it does not exist in any altcoin yet.

Period.

Some elaboration is at the following post (and also in the archives of my posts):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.msg13569178#msg13569178

Ring signatures do not obscure everything. Only Zerocash can obscure everything so that then metadata is no longer a problem. I see Vitalik @ Ethereum has been reading my Bitcointalk posts, because now he has written a blog post to copy most of the points I have been making for the past months.

Additionally I have been making the point since the BCX incident that ring signatures can theoretically be unmasked by combinatorial analysis of the block chain. In the recent debate I had with Monero's cryptographer Shen-noether at Reddit about his white papers, I pointed out that his proposed solution to combinatorial unmasking was flawed. He and smooth did the usual ad hominem attack on my person, and then I rebutted them with logical facts and they were forced to finally put their tail between their legs.

Bullshit. So much bullshit in these discussions of cryptocurrency technology. Especially coming from all the Monero pumpers who haven't done their homework, because they are retarded, closed-minded, and boastfully so.

Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:09:09 PM

TPTB_need_war, what about ShadowCash?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:12:58 PM

TPTB_need_war, what about ShadowCash?

Just a (arguably plagiarized) copy of Cryptonote technology, so same conclusions as for Monero.

https://z.cash/ is the only potential solution for making metadata correlation irrelevant, but all I know about it is here:

http://zerocash-project.org/

Seems the project died or stalled? Afaik they've been quiet past months or most of 2015?

Also scaling issues will probably still apply thus it is possible that Zerocash doesn't scale to world wide use, or other problems such as DDoS. I won't know until I dig deeper into it. Perhaps they discovered such issues and stopped working on it.

Anonymity is very difficult to achieve. I would guess maybe impossible once all the technical factors are considered. But I am still willing to try. I personally will come back to Zerocash's technology later, after I finish fixing block chain scaling and decentralization (which is more important priority and more realistic).

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:48:33 PM

Zerocoin implementation that is supposed to launch early this year:
http://moneta.cash/technology.html
https://github.com/MonetaOfficial/moneta

I think it is basically a rebranded version of Zerovert, which was a closed-source implementation released last year. One of the creators is one of Matthew Green's former students.

With that being said, it's still unproven technology, and I think there are some issues with launching the currency in a trustless manner, so for now Monero is probably most bestest.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:53:18 PM

Bitcoin.

There are helpfull mixing services to move coins privately. Some guy from the US is currently checking out how to move 13000 BTC and getting away with that.

And don't use the same receiving address more than once or twice. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:18:15 PM

Bitcoin.

And don't use the same receiving address more than once or twice. 

And hide all your metadata perfectly (which is virtually impossible).

And trust the owner of that mixing site you are using (which is stupid as shit, especially given the NSA can serve him with a gag order or hack his servers).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:27:14 PM

I think it is basically a rebranded version of Zerovert, which was a closed-source implementation released last year. One of the creators is one of Matthew Green's former students.

That is Zerocoin, not Zerocash. Zerocoin is a mixer only for sending coins to your self and delinking, thus it is subject to all metadata correlation breakage the same as for Monero (Cryptonote coins and ShadowCash and everything else!).

Only Zerocash hides everything and thus is immune to metadata correlation. Zerocash mints zerocoins (which are not the same as the coins in Zerocoin). Zerocoin was created by some of the same people who created Zerocash, but they are totally different technologies. Zerocash is much more powerful anonymity because all the coins and all the actions (e.g. transfer payment to another) are totally hidden in one big blob.

With that being said, it's still unproven technology, and I think there are some issues with launching the currency in a trustless manner, so for now Monero is probably most bestest.

It is not even clear if Zerocash will work in a real world implementation for scalability and DDoS reasons (and maybe other issues).

But none of that absolves the fact that Monero is fundamentally (mostly) useless for the reasons I stated upthread.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:34:00 PM

That is Zerocoin, not Zerocash. Zerocoin is a mixer only for sending coins to your self and delinking, thus it is subject to all metadata correlation breakage the same as for Monero (Cryptonote coins and ShadowCash and everything else!).

Only Zerocash hides everything and thus is immune to metadata correlation. Zerocash mints zerocoins (which are not the same as the coins in Zerocoin). Zerocoin was created by some of the same people who created Zerocash, but they are totally different technologies. Zerocash is much more powerful anonymity because all the coins and all the actions (e.g. transfer payment to another) are totally hidden in one big blob.

It is not even clear if Zerocash will work in a real world implementation for scalability and DDoS reasons (and maybe other issues).

But none of that absolves the fact that Monero is fundamentally (mostly) useless for the reasons I stated upthread.

Oic.

Zerocash improves on an earlier protocol, Zerocoin, developed by some of the same authors, both in functionality (Zerocoin only hides a payment's origin, but not its destination or amount) and in efficiency (Zerocash transactions are less than 1KB and take less than 6ms to verify).

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:38:22 PM

What are the most secure and secret coins to anonymity? So just created this work for the coin.

i like XDN http://digitalnote.org.

Truly anonymous

Untraceable truly anonymous DigitalNote transactions and encrypted information transfers in decentralized p2p network.

Instant Encrypted Messages

DigitalNote provides an instant secure, untraceable and unlinkable way of encrypted communication - crypto messages.

Blockchain analysis resistant

DigitalNote blockchain is resistant to any kind of analysis. All you XDN transactions and messages transfers are unlinkable.

Future features

Imagine Proof-of-activity based on blockchain deposits, mobile client, aliases for your @messages and even blockchain Digital ID.
Taratoor

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:42:59 PM

whatever you do there will be always some tracks records footprints behind you.
you just make them untrackable. use any coin what you want, use some proxies, mix services, different addresses and bounce between them. thats harder to find any clue

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄       ▄█▄         
                                  █████     █████         
                         ▄██▄      ▀█▀       ▀█▀         
                 ▄█▄     ▀██▀                             
          ▄      ▀█▀                         ▄█▄         
         ▀█▀                       ▄█▄      █████         
                         ▄██▄     █████      ▀█▀         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀                   
          ▄      ▀█▀                         ▄█▄         
         ▀█▀                       ▄█▄      █████         
                         ▄██▄     █████      ▀█▀         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀                   
                 ▀█▀                                     
           ▄                       ▄█▄       ▄█▄         
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄     █████     █████         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀       ▀█▀         
                 ▀█▀                                     
            ▄                       ▄█▄      ▄█▄         
           ▀█▀             ▄██▄    █████    █████         
     ██             ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀         
              ▄     ▀█▀                                   
             ▀█▀                          ▄█▄             
        ██               ▄█▄    ▄██▄     █████           
                   ▄     ▀█▀    ▀██▀      ▀█▀             
                  ▀█▀                                     
             ██                    ▄██▄                   
                     ▄      ▄█▄    ▀██▀                   
                    ▀█▀     ▀█▀                           

▄█    ▄█  ▄█         ▄█████▄    ▀█▄      ▄█▀
██    ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██     ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██    ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ████   
██    ██  ██    ██  ██▄    ▄█     ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀    ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:58:10 PM

i like XDN http://digitalnote.org.

Truly anonymous

Untraceable truly anonymous DigitalNote transactions and encrypted information transfers in decentralized p2p network.

Blockchain analysis resistant

DigitalNote blockchain is resistant to any kind of analysis. All you XDN transactions and messages transfers are unlinkable.

Bullshit! It is just Cryptonote, so the same issues that apply to Monero also apply to this shitcoin as well.

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:05:23 PM

The Paper Dollar $$$$. The number 1 truly anonymous currency used in the world today.

If it is drugs, terrorism, trafficking or any other unlawful act you want to use a currency for, I would suggest the Dollar.

Everyone else is using it, untraced, for many years, perfectly.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:11:50 PM

I think OP was asking about digital currency
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: