Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:06:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you convert to Islam?
Never - 25 (64.1%)
Only to survive - 13 (33.3%)
I would be open to study and see if it the right choice for me - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In what conditions would you convert to Islam?  (Read 2978 times)
Anddos (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:48:34 AM

I was wondering, since it seems to be a hot topic: what would convince you to convert to islamism?
Would you do it or not? And if so: why? Maybe because you'd be afraid?
I've seen a lot of people convert by themselves because after studying they got convinced that it's the right religion.
Has anyone converted after reading/studying islamism?

I always wondered if a person, seeing how things are in the world, if the situation would arise, would choose Islam in order to live.
I'm curious about people's opinions regarding this.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:42:12 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 07:51:02 AM by Buffer Overflow

Why would I want to be assocated with Islam?

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

I could keep adding to this list until I crashed Bitcointalk's servers for lack of space, so I better stop.

manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:36:52 AM

I was wondering, since it seems to be a hot topic: what would convince you to convert to islamism?
I've seen a lot of people convert by themselves because after studying they got convinced that it's the right religion.

I always wondered if a person, seeing how things are in the world, if the situation would arise, would choose Islam in order to live.

I will never freely convert to Islam.
If there was a knife at my thought, I probably will.
Religion is not important to me.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:31:11 PM

It's not the right religion. Why not convert to Judaism? Taoism? Buddhism Huh 

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 03:09:13 PM

I am an Anarchist through and through, I'd rather die than give myself over to a religion that oppresses people like Islam does, even the Christians aren't as bad compared to them even if that isn't saying much.
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:53:59 PM

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

I could keep adding to this list until I crashed Bitcointalk's servers for lack of space, so I better stop.

I don't think these two are something bad. Gay propaganda and gender equality (improving female rights) shrink fertility rate significantly. This is why native Europeans population decreasing meanwhile Muslim population growing up because they don't have that shit.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:22:42 PM

islam is a twisted version of christianity that replaces god with a pagan idol and says you can pay for your sins with money and good deeds, you need to have a very low iq or nothing in your life to be desperate enough to convert to it

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
mohsin qureshi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:35:48 PM

Here i wanted to introduce a sact in ISLAM, that is AHMEDIYYA MUSLIM COMUNITY

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is a dynamic, fast growing international revival movement within Islam. Founded in 1889, it spans over 206 countries with membership exceeding tens of millions. Its current headquarters are in the United Kingdom.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the only Islamic organization to believe that the long-awaited Messiah has come in the person of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad(as) (1835-1908) of Qadian. Ahmad(as) claimed to be the metaphorical second coming of Jesus(as) of Nazareth and the divine guide, whose advent was foretold by the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad(sa). The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community believes that God sent Ahmad(as), like Jesus(as), to end religious wars, condemn bloodshed and reinstitute morality, justice and peace. Ahmad’s(as) advent has brought about an unprecedented era of Islamic revival. He divested Islam of fanatical beliefs and practices by vigorously championing Islam’s true and essential teachings. He also recognized the noble teachings of the great religious founders and saints, including Zoroaster(as), Abraham(as), Moses(as), Jesus(as), Krishna(as), Buddha(as), Confucius(as), Lao Tzu and Guru Nanak, and explained how such teachings converged into the one true Islam.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. Over a century ago, Ahmad(as) emphatically declared that an aggressive “jihad by the sword” has no place in Islam. In its place, he taught his followers to wage a bloodless, intellectual “jihad of the pen” to defend Islam. To this end, Ahmad(as) penned over 90 books and tens of thousands of letters, delivered hundreds of lectures, and engaged in scores of public debates. His rigorous and rational defenses of Islam unsettled conventional Muslim thinking. As part of its effort to revive Islam, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community continues to spread Ahmad’s(as) teachings of moderation and restraint in the face of bitter opposition from parts of the Muslim world.

Similarly, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the only Islamic organization to endorse a separation of mosque and state. Over a century ago, Ahmad(as)  taught his followers to protect the sanctity of both religion and government by becoming righteous souls as well as loyal citizens. He cautioned against irrational interpretations of Quranic pronouncements and misapplications of Islamic law. He continually voiced his concerns over protecting the rights of God’s creatures. Today, it continues to be an advocate for universal human rights and protections for religious and other minorities. It champions the empowerment and education of women. Its members are among the most law-abiding, educated, and engaged Muslims in the world.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the foremost Islamic organization with a central spiritual leader, known as the Khalifa of Islam. Over a century ago, Ahmad(as) reminded his followers of God’s promise to safeguard the message of Islam through khilafat (the spiritual institution of successorship to prophethood). The Community believes that only spiritual successorship of Khilafat can uphold the true values of Islam and unite humanity. Five spiritual leaders have succeeded Ahmad(as) since his demise in 1908. It’s fifth and current spiritual head, His Holiness the Khalifa of Islam Mirza Masroor Ahmad, resides in the United Kingdom. Under the leadership of Islamic Khilafat, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has now built over 16,000 mosques, over 500 schools, and over 30 hospitals. It has translated the Holy Quran into over 70 languages. It propagates the true teachings of Islam and the message of peace and tolerance through a twenty-four hour satellite television channel (MTA), the Internet (alislam.org) and print (Islam International Publications). The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has been at the forefront of worldwide disaster relief through an independent charitable organization, Humanity First.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:49:41 PM

Why not? But not for me. Islam is a religion. Like every religion it's just a question of faith. I don't find Islam more stupid than Christianism or judaïsm or anything like this...

Anddos (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:17:09 PM

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

Please don't hold back - this is an important topic for me about which I've thought a lot.

It's interesting to see the different opinions and seeing the arguments that people have for their opinions.

islam is a twisted version of christianity that replaces god with a pagan idol and says you can pay for your sins with money and good deeds, you need to have a very low iq or nothing in your life to be desperate enough to convert to it

The Catholic Church had in the middle ages something that were called "indulgences" with which they would in a sense buy people's sins; you just bought the appropriate amount of indulgences and your sins were wiped away as the church was concerned.
Even today Christianity encourages good deeds against sins - which is not a bad in a practical sense.

I remember a scene from the last season of Da Vinci's Demons where christian prisoners were lined up and asked to embrace Islam, and either be killed or converted. It's interesting what people think that they would do in those moments. Would you die or make a pact with the devil, as the saying goes, just to fight another day.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:20:46 PM

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. ....
I don't need to read any further.

Sounds like some of the good guys.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:45:13 PM

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

I don't think these two are something bad. Gay propaganda and gender equality (improving female rights) shrink fertility rate significantly. This is why native Europeans population decreasing meanwhile Muslim population growing up because they don't have that shit.
I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in the UK I would like to see the population decrease.
Roads are at gridlock.
Hospitals at breaking point.
Schools oversubscribed.
Serious housing shortage, prices shooting out of control.
Don't bother trying to ring up for a doctors appointment.
Public transport overcrowded.
etc.....

I shudder to think what it's going to be like in 20 years time.

This is great, lets hope they keep up their good work.

But here's the problem. Are they muslim? What percentage of the Quran and Hadith are they actually following? Would Muhammad of approved?
They are persecuted around the world and banned from entering Mecca. There's a reason for this.

Anddos (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:24:23 PM

As a personal curiosity - would you ever consider moving from the UK?

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:30:59 PM

Seeing how things are in the world, if the situation would arise, would choose denounce Islam in order to live?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Anddos (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:34:58 PM

Seeing how things are in the world, if the situation would arise, would choose denounce Islam in order to live?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying: you'd denounce it or you're asking about it?
Tell us what you would choose if faced with that option. Thanks.

-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:36:28 PM

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in the UK I would like to see the population decrease.
Roads are at gridlock.
Schools oversubscribed.
etc.....

I live in Moscow and it's even worse (much worse) cause there's 12M people in one city.

First of all, you need to understand that these are "side effects" of the modern civilization. That's like a side effect of capitalism - it always needs some cheap working power (edit: so there are immigrants from 3d world countries). The civilization we have doesn't work any other way. It cannot.
Suppose we had just 100M human population over the world. How much scientists would we have had? Could we build such a developed society?  No, we couldn't. We would still be riding fucking horses.
I mean that more people means more inventions which means quicker developing. So decreasing human population (especially white) is a bad thing.

Anddos (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:39:19 PM

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

Roads are at gridlock.
Schools oversubscribed.
etc.....

I live in Moscow and it's even worse (much worse) cause there's 12M people in one city.

First of all, you need to understand that these are "side effects" of the modern civilization. That's like a side effect of capitalism - it always needs some cheap working power (edit: so there are immigrants from 3d world countries). The civilization we have doesn't work any other way. It cannot.
Suppose we had just 100M human population over the world. How much scientists would we have had? Could we build such a developed society?  No, we couldn't. We would still be riding fucking horses.
I mean that more people means more inventions which means quicker developing. So decreasing human population (especially white) is a bad thing.

I see that under your avatar it says "Decentralized Jihad". May I ask what does that mean in your opinion?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:50:47 PM

At this point in my life, commitments make that impossible. If my situation were different, I would give a tentative yes.
As they say, "The grass always looks greener."

Anddos (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:29:17 PM

At this point in my life, commitments make that impossible. If my situation were different, I would give a tentative yes.
As they say, "The grass always looks greener."

Of course I don't know your situation an I will not presume that I have any idea about it, but I would just like to say that it doesn't all have to be bad. And there are always people that can lend a helping hand. Just a thought. Stay optimistic.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:55:27 PM

The Catholic Church had in the middle ages something that were called "indulgences" with which they would in a sense buy people's sins; you just bought the appropriate amount of indulgences and your sins were wiped away as the church was concerned.
Even today Christianity encourages good deeds against sins - which is not a bad in a practical sense.

I remember a scene from the last season of Da Vinci's Demons where christian prisoners were lined up and asked to embrace Islam, and either be killed or converted. It's interesting what people think that they would do in those moments. Would you die or make a pact with the devil, as the saying goes, just to fight another day.
christians who teach good deeds lead to salvation are heretics. if you value your life more than your honour you will convert rather than accept death, unfortunately most human beings belong to this category of person.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: