Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you convert to Islam?
Never - 25 (64.1%)
Only to survive - 13 (33.3%)
I would be open to study and see if it the right choice for me - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In what conditions would you convert to Islam?  (Read 2982 times)
Anddos (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:22:10 PM

The Catholic Church had in the middle ages something that were called "indulgences" with which they would in a sense buy people's sins; you just bought the appropriate amount of indulgences and your sins were wiped away as the church was concerned.
Even today Christianity encourages good deeds against sins - which is not a bad in a practical sense.

I remember a scene from the last season of Da Vinci's Demons where christian prisoners were lined up and asked to embrace Islam, and either be killed or converted. It's interesting what people think that they would do in those moments. Would you die or make a pact with the devil, as the saying goes, just to fight another day.
christians who teach good deeds lead to salvation are heretics. if you value your life more than your honour you will convert rather than accept death, unfortunately most human beings belong to this category of person.

So you say that we should live like samurai and choose honor over life? I've seen your signature - you seem pretty radical - I'm not criticising you - just making an observation.

manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:35:08 AM

Here i wanted to introduce a sact in ISLAM, that is AHMEDIYYA MUSLIM COMUNITY
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. ....
I don't need to read any further.

Sounds like some of the good guys.

They won't last too long in the muslim world.
They have already been declared non-muslims in some countries.
Anddos (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:23:21 AM

After looking at the poll it's interesting to see that no one was even remotely considering to try and see what it's about.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:38:22 AM

I have been an atheist from my childhood days, and I hate all religions (especially the Abrahamic faiths). That said, if the Islamic State abducts me and threatens to behead me unless I convert to Islam, then I will "convert". I don't want to lose my life, for 5 minutes of fame. Once I am back in my hometown, I will revert back to atheism.
iCeSaiah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:09:27 AM

i'm never unto religion but if i was kidnapped and they want me to convert then i would. And if they want me to suicide, I'll just make em explode.

They have many humanitarian laws, forbidden acts that immobalize the social interactions
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:06:50 PM

So no one wants to convert. I'm not sure what to think: are people extreme or is Islam really that bad?
Won't anyone make a trade in order to live?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:27:49 PM

So no one wants to convert. I'm not sure what to think: are people extreme or is Islam really that bad?
Won't anyone make a trade in order to live?

It's worth noting that the options for setting up a poll, there is a check box that if checked allows people to vote more than once.  Unchecked, you can only vote once....

It would appear this is an honest poll.

mrflibblehat

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:34:35 PM

yeah - people seem to be pretty sure about themselves - I'm curious how things would be if something like that would really happen. Let's hope not, but still... Would they be still so sure about their convictions?

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:23:59 PM

honestly, never. not even in a future where islam has taken over the world and controls every facet of life in some dystopian setting would i convert. honestly, if the world ever came to something like that, id probably glock up and go out with a bang Grin. or join the resistance or something, who knows. sci fi.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:27:35 PM

Nothing. Absolutely nothing could ever convince me to convert to that barbaric "religion".

jacko0088

Activity: 1148
Merit: 562

Blockchain Core Dev

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:36:29 PM

Better die, to convert to islam!

they call it holy, authorized by heaven. They leave the wounded as they die and they call it gods will!
Fanatism and money are never a good thing melted togheter.

▀███████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀██████████████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████████████▄
        ▀▀█████████████████████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▄
                             ████████████
                             ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
 ▀▀█████████████▄   ▀██████████████████
    ▀█████████████▄▄  ▀██████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▄  ▀█████████▀▀
         ▀█████████████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▀███████████▄
                ▀████████████▄
                   ▀███████████▄
                     ▀████████████▄
                       ▀████████████▄
E V O

Public DECENTRALIZED Blockchain
Decentralized DOMAIN System (DDNS)
High I/O SIDECHAINS

.TWITTER.
──────────────
.LINKEDIN.
                              ▄▄
                          ▄▄▄████
                   ▄▄▄███████████▄
             ▄▄▄██████████████████
          ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄███████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████
    ▄█████████████████████▀████████
    █████████████████████ █████████
   ████████████████████▀ ██████████
    █████████████████▀ ▄███████████
    ▀██████████████▀  ▄███████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀  ▄████████████▀
         ▀▀███▀   ▄█████████████▀
        ▄▄█▀    ▄██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀       ▀▀██████████▀
██▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀
  ..P O S  v3.. 
Enhancing Blockchain
Technology With Innovative
POS v3 Consensus Algorithm.

.................BUILTIN SHARED..
..GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL..

▄███████
      ▄█▀███████
    ▄█▀  ███████
  ▄█▀    ███████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
████████████████
 ▀██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █
mrflibblehat

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:33:21 AM

Yeah - no one says that they're right, but as one user said above - convert to fight another day.
They have their book, and for centuries they are reading from it day after day, and seem to be getting more and more and stronger by the day. I don't know what else to expect...

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:27:15 PM

So you say that we should live like samurai and choose honor over life? I've seen your signature - you seem pretty radical - I'm not criticising you - just making an observation.
a few thousand, maybe even hundreds of years ago, it wouldn't have seemed so very radical

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
mrflibblehat

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:18:19 PM

Neither what happened in the Middle Ages seemed radical at the time I'm sure, but we're supposed to have evolved since then and be civilized and above such extreme actions.

blazsqd

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:15:45 PM

Don't do it. You have to believe in Islam to convert. You can't just do it for a man.
He is scamming you. There sadly are many foreigners from every country around the world who do this. Pretend to be "in love" with someone, ask for money, ask for marriage,, but it's just for citizenship purposes. He will dump you as soon as he gets papers.
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:58:14 AM

Neither what happened in the Middle Ages seemed radical at the time I'm sure, but we're supposed to have evolved since then and be civilized and above such extreme actions.

Time has stopped in the Middle East. People there don't understand what civilized means.
If it weren't for oil, the world would have just let the Middle East implode due to infighting.
mrflibblehat

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:40:15 PM

Time has stopped in the Middle East. People there don't understand what civilized means.
If it weren't for oil, the world would have just let the Middle East implode due to infighting.
Agreed. I don't know exactly where but I remember to have seen once a documentary somewhere (or something like that) and a Muslim woman was abused and a foreigner jumped in to save her and he then became the object of her shouting at him and accusing him of interfering with their ways. They're used to live like that, it's what they know, what's normal in their daily life.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:13:26 PM

I'm not that martyr type, so I guess some "missionaries" with AKs and big knifes could persuade me to convert, but as soon as they left (or I left) two aspirin and a beer would easily cure that Smiley.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:59:47 PM

$35,000 a month, three days off per week and getting those seventy two virgins before I decide to martyr myself.

If someone's forcing me to? I think I'm gonna have a little problem with that and I doubt they'd want me.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:20:36 PM

$35,000 a month, three days off per week and getting those seventy two virgins before I decide to martyr myself.

If someone's forcing me to? I think I'm gonna have a little problem with that and I doubt they'd want me.

Wait, you want to get the seventy two virgins up front?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: