Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will the Chinese pumpers pump BTC up again in the next 30 days?  (Voting closed: February 15, 2016, 08:50:57 AM)
Yes - 21 (48.8%)
No - 14 (32.6%)
Maybe - 8 (18.6%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Chinese pumpers pump BTC up again in the next 30 days?  (Read 2416 times)
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:44:02 AM

I don't think this dump had anything to do with the Chinese and not everything in the crypt world is related to them.Mike' resigning from this project could also affect people and i think they will eventually take the price to some desirable value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:04:41 AM

I am sure the price will come back up to +$400 levels this month again. The price drop that brought the price down to very low $350 must be seen as a gift to people that have used that situation in their favor and bought themself a good bunch of coins. Wait and see what happens.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:58:17 AM

It's surprising to see that more people think the Chinese pumpers will come back.  I thought most would be in bear mode by now. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:01:33 AM

How do the Chinese get shit-faced? All Chinese I've known can't metabolize alcohol into anything other than an immediate, severe hangover.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:38:55 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 11:48:46 AM by Amph

It's surprising to see that more people think the Chinese pumpers will come back.  I thought most would be in bear mode by now.  

remember that chinese want bictoin to grow, they control 60ì%+ of the whole mining scene, so if they are in bear mode, now it's only because they want more cheap coin, by riding bad news like cryptsy and mike

their ultimate goal is to pump bitcoin, for obvious reason
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:17:57 AM

It's surprising to see that more people think the Chinese pumpers will come back.  I thought most would be in bear mode by now. 

remember that chinese want bictoin to grow, they control 60ì%+ of the whole mining scene, so if they are in ber mode, now it's only because they want more cheap coin, by riding bad news like cryptsy and mike

I do not think that someone who control more then 50% of miners will spend more Fiat to Pump Bitcoin price up. They have a lot of Bitcoins and they need to keep maintenance and pay for bill.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:41:46 AM

remember that chinese want bictoin to grow, they control 60ì%+ of the whole mining scene, so if they are in ber mode, now it's only because they want more cheap coin, by riding bad news like cryptsy and mike

I do not think that someone who control more then 50% of miners will spend more Fiat to Pump Bitcoin price up. They have a lot of Bitcoins and they need to keep maintenance and pay for bill.
But they can maximize their profits by turning the price into a cheap coins and then pump it back up to sell it for a hefty profits Tongue
Just because they have a lot of coins doesn't mean they would not buy another few coins Wink
Also electricity in China is pretty cheap thus making them controlling most of the miners out there
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:49:11 AM

i don't sure if china can pump bitcoin to raise the bitcoin price again, so i decided to say 'maybe'. people in china seems isn't have any affection to the Mike, as a result people in china goes normally, though the message affected the traders outside the china.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Gilliam

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:06:52 AM

They can't really pump the price alone but they can dragged the community to help them to pump more. They can move a price and when that's happen other part of the bitcoin community will join the rally by buying more coins that will increase the price.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:09:12 AM

Of course not. People have been swimming in good sentiment and you think 2 happenings will change that? Nope. Block halving is the key here. If we didn't had the block halving comming up, then it would be a whole different situation.
thesonandheir

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:18:39 AM

Wouldn't say it was a pump to begin with, that was genuine asset appreciation. We definitely saw a concerted dump though with the MH/Cryptsy stuff, someone clearly sold and shorted on the way down preying on the usual hysteria.
Re Chinese New Year - even better for BTC imo. All the Chinese sat at home with family talking about how bad the economy is - what better time could you have for 1bn people to learn about BTC and possibly convert some Yuan into the digital currency?

This is a clear buying opportunity for people who have cojones.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:23:21 AM

First i was very confident that this would happen.
They tried very hard to get the price to 500 dollar.

But now they encounter a hard goal because after Hearn, there is way more resistance.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:38:43 AM

The pump did come.  But not good enough to get the momentum going.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:47:42 AM

What about now?  Still think China will pump again?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:49:50 AM

yeah, there is no way that they lett their profit be inferior to what it was before, miners profit will always remain the same, i can argue that they are mining the same $ in bitcoin since block 50 and it will continue to do so after the 2028 halving

so the 2x increase after each halving is not as bullshit like many think, it's just not straight 2x of the last value, but 2x of the value that will maintain their profit equal for each new halving
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:54:23 AM

China's Central Bank Discusses Digital Currency Launch if this thing happened, Yes Crypto will go to the Moon i think

The People’s Bank of China (PBoC), the country's central bank, is moving toward the launch of its own digital currency.

The PBoC said in a 20th January release that it had held a meeting discussing the possibility in Beijing.

Attendees included central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan and deputy governor Fan Yifei, as well as a group of “relevant research institutions, major financial institutions and advisory bodies of experts”.

Notably, the central bank put together a team dedicated to digital currency research in 2014 – the work of which played into the Beijing meeting.

In addition, the PBoC received input from Citibank and Deloitte, as it weighed up how to issue the digital currency.

According to an unofficial translation of the release, the meeting urged the PBoC's digital currency research team to "actively absorb the important results" and to "further clarify the strategic objectives of the central bank-issued digital currency".

Further it should research key technologies and various digital currency applications for the "early introduction of digital currency issued by the central bank".

While the release gave no precise indication as to when the digital currency might be released, the central bank did give some indication of the factors driving its development.

Design of the digital currency, it said, should be based on "economic, convenience and safety principles', while low cost and "wide coverage" were also requirements. #coindesk
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:19:44 AM

i am quite sure the chinese pumpers or whoever they really are come back and cause a massive bull run. the only thing is, where will the price end up going. if we go back to lower $300's, which i don't think will happen, the the bull run will probably peak around $500-$550. that's not exactly what people were hoping for. it is what it is, we have to deal with it if it turns out to be like this.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:18:54 AM

China's Central Bank Discusses Digital Currency Launch if this thing happened, Yes Crypto will go to the Moon i think

The People’s Bank of China (PBoC), the country's central bank, is moving toward the launch of its own digital currency.

I don't think this will be a good time for BTC - this looks like a move to close the crypto backdoor to their financial controls. Once they do that they will want people to switch from BTC to that new cryptocurrency.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:42:33 AM

i am quite sure the chinese pumpers or whoever they really are come back and cause a massive bull run. the only thing is, where will the price end up going. if we go back to lower $300's, which i don't think will happen, the the bull run will probably peak around $500-$550. that's not exactly what people were hoping for. it is what it is, we have to deal with it if it turns out to be like this.

What most people here are hoping for is unrealistic. If they know how markets work then they would be a whole lot less optimistic as far as the short term goes. Some people think the price would reach $1000 in January....uhhhhhhuuuummmm. Hope is gone.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:18:56 AM

What most people here are hoping for is unrealistic. If they know how markets work then they would be a whole lot less optimistic as far as the short term goes. Some people think the price would reach $1000 in January....uhhhhhhuuuummmm. Hope is gone.

yep, most people are lacking common sense. i wonder what they feel if their high predictions will end up being nothing more than an illusion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: