Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core #REKT  (Read 2449 times)
mudiko

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:02:49 PM

Bitcoin is everyone's. That is why i find a democracy pretty cool in it. But we should call our parties node clients rather than altcoins. I kinda feel like bitcoin started to have politics and some people are really like trump's hardcore supporters in this thing.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:10:13 PM

I kinda feel like bitcoin started to have politics 

YA THINK?   Cheesy

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:36:15 PM

they eliminated 0 conf transactions in their idea of scalability so every vendor will have to reprogram everything to do reasonably quick will have to reprogram everything to work with new more complex interface.

they did? WTF...

Indeed, they did.
But not to worry. If you need help managing the new complexities, I'm sure your local BlockStream salesperson will be glad to give you a quote.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:41:55 PM

Brg444 #REKT
Theymos #REKT

Actually I think Theymos is backing Classic now.

It would be surprising if Theymos were really backing Classic. Your assertion prompted me to look through some of his recent reddit comments. Here's one from "1 day ago":

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/40zs8h/instead_of_whining_about_the_block_size_we_better/cyywmvg

Quote from: theymos_on_reddit
If you change Classic's rollout mechanism to just a flag day 6 months from when it's introduced, it looks reasonably safe to me. There may still be problems with worst-case blocks taking many minutes to verify, though.

SegWit basically does the same thing, though, and better. With the Core roadmap, we'll have blocks effectively 2 MB in size in only around 4 months, and it'll be backward-compatible. Also very important is that it enables future deployment of fraud proofs, which will make Bitcoin way stronger against attacks by miners (a serious concern with the existing amount of miner centralization). It also fixes the slow verification issue. Late this year a "real" max block size increase following something like Classic's design can be scheduled. So the Classic change seems entirely worse to me, especially when so many experts have signed onto the Core roadmap.

(To be clear: I'm talking about the changes in Bitcoin Classic. Since Bitcoin Classic implements a contentious hardfork, I wouldn't support it unless it actually overtakes the economy.)

What he seems to be missing is that the "Classic" dev team is capable of implementing these additional features as well. The forking debate isn't about deciding on particular features or technologies. It's about choosing a management team. The current core team has proven that they're either incompetent or corrupt. Either way, it's time to fire them.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:50:10 PM

Core pushes forward, dissidents scramble.

As usual.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: